#COVID19 | Page 353 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Given that climate change is driven by man made activities from overpopulation to deforestation to fossil fuels all of which are enabled by science, not to mention weapons of mass destruction again driven by science then perhaps we would have been better off ignoring scientists and leading a simple agricultural life. The planet would have been...

Have you been at the silly juice or just need an argument?

It woz the science wot made me do it!

Then again i can see how (black) people reflecting on the possibility of being murdered by the people they pay their taxes to protect them seems more important than corona virus.

I hope they get justice

I have just looked and in the last 12 months there have been three BAME people killed at the hands of the UK police. Two were a terrorist raid and the other was wielding a knife.

The cause to stand with others oppressed is legitimate, although I don't remember too readily the protests against China for imprisoning over 1m people for having the temerity to have the 'wrong' religious views!

COVID-19 has killed 40,000+ lives in the UK and it appears to disproportionately affect BAME people. The majority on the 'Black Lives Matters' march looked to be BAME!

It is against the law to have gatherings of more than 5 people at the moment. Why were they not broken up? Beaches were rightly cleared at the weekend.
This gives the wrong message as every single person on that march, by the very definition, were breaking the law.

Weird times.

I have just looked and in the last 12 months there have been three BAME people killed at the hands of the UK police. Two were a terrorist raid and the other was wielding a knife.

The cause to stand with others oppressed is legitimate, although I don't remember too readily the protests against China for imprisoning over 1m people for having the temerity to have the 'wrong' religious views!

COVID-19 has killed 40,000+ lives in the UK and it appears to disproportionately affect BAME people. The majority on the 'Black Lives Matters' march looked to be BAME!

It is against the law to have gatherings of more than 5 people at the moment. Why were they not broken up? Beaches were rightly cleared at the weekend.
This gives the wrong message as every single person on that march, by the very definition, were breaking the law.

Weird times.
Did a little easy research on the incident involving George Floyd. He was initially challenged by the shop staff for passing a counterfeit $20 bill. Reading between the lines he told them to do one so the police were called. The two officers unfortunately were apparently devoted to the Harry Callahan style of law enforcement which when added to perhaps years of dealing with low life of all ethnicities resulted in a death.

Did a little easy research on the incident involving George Floyd. He was initially challenged by the shop staff for passing a counterfeit $20 bill. Reading between the lines he told them to do one so the police were called. The two officers unfortunately were apparently devoted to the Harry Callahan style of law enforcement which when added to perhaps years of dealing with low life of all ethnicities resulted in a death.

No right thinking person can try and defend the actions of the police against that poor chap. The cop in question has clearly done this before too.
WTF were the other police doing? They are equally as guilty in my eyes.

The UK police must have had a proper dichotomy to wrestle with. Uphold the law as it is at the moment, but by doing so risk accusations of 'over-policing' against the very people and cause they are protesting against.

Personally I think it was probably the correct course of action by the police, it was just organised with poor judgement.

Pathetic and sickening.

Golf & free masonry go together like being in the police, driving a Lexus (or Lexi plural?) & those stupid trousers they wear, masons that is not golfers, though they also do wear stupid trousers. It’s all the same white middle age or old bores with stupid clothes & rituals. Probably why they usually do all play golf, be in the police & all walk in the light.
Rubbish you don't know what you are saying. Masonry is not all about wearing regalia and funny walks. It's true that we use signs and passwords to identify ourselves to one another and yes I am proud to be a member of Masonry even after nearly 60 years and been a master mason.

Rubbish you don't know what you are saying. Masonry is not all about wearing regalia and funny walks. It's true that we use signs and passwords to identify ourselves to one another and yes I am proud to be a member of Masonry even after nearly 60 years and been a master mason.

I know it isn’t duck & I know they do a lot for charity. Nothing wrong with being on the level.

as with golf there are some stupid clothes though.

there’s a lot of wild conspiracies about free masons which at one time could’ve been true in part but now it’s just mostly older gentleman discussing the world as they see it & not something that should be feared or face wild accusations. They could let women in though.

Weird times.

As i said, the people attending knew the risk but this toxic issue is so important, so damaging that they felt it over rode any other regulation. I tend to agree.

Breaking the law has become less of an issue since the trend has been driven by high level govt advisors doing what they want. At least these people had a genuine reason to do.