Favourite films... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Favourite films...

I suppose the best "Cult" films I've seen must be Psychomania (1972) and Clockwork Orange (1971).

I've just watched a BT show about Joe Calzaghe. Paddy Considine was on it late on. Reminded me how much I liked Shane Meadows' stuff. Off the back of that I've finished the evening watching "A room for Romeo Brass" on YouTube.

I've just watched a BT show about Joe Calzaghe. Paddy Considine was on it late on. Reminded me how much I liked Shane Meadows' stuff. Off the back of that I've finished the evening watching "A room for Romeo Brass" on YouTube.

I remember seeing some of Shane Meadow's very early stuff in Nottingham when I lived there. He had quite a few showings at The Broadway independent cinema in Hockley.

Planet of the Apes - the original. Very, very clever and surprisingly topical. And what a reveal at the end!

Not much of a film person nowadays, but for pure nonsense I did enjoy Airplane - laugh, I nearly bought a round !

I was over under and under was over done.
Vector Victor, Clearance Clarence, Roger, Eh.

Mrs German enjoys the Full Monty !

Not much of a film person nowadays, but for pure nonsense I did enjoy Airplane - laugh, I nearly bought a round !

I was over under and under was over done.
Vector Victor, Clearance Clarence, Roger, Eh.

Mrs German enjoys the Full Monty !

.......and don’t call me Shirley

If....

I saw it twice, soon after release in 1968.

I moved to Cheltenham in 1970 and stayed in a BnB owned by an extra, then worked with another whom I still see occasionally in Tewkesbury.

Last edited:
Planet of the Apes - the original. Very, very clever and surprisingly topical. And what a reveal at the end!

I didn't really understand why he got so upset that the planet of the apes had built a replica of the statue of liberty. Was it because they'd only built the top half?

If....

I saw it twice, soon after release in 1968.

I moved to Cheltenham in 1970 and stayed in a BnB owned by an extra, then worked with another whom I still see occasionally in Tewkesbury.

Yes, and the music, "Sanctus" became popular. Saw the film on telly a while back - obviously not as edgy as it was originally, but still a good film