Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 157 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

I shit you not with this.

About an hour ago i heard the back end of someone on 5live trying to say that its stressful for the young players at premier league clubs to have to go home and wash their own kit.
Even Kelly Cates was like seriously?.

I have no idea who this imbecile was but he sounded thicker than Clinton Morrison.

200w.webp

Wrote this comment on The Guardian a few days ago:

Villa fan myself. We are where we are because we haven't been good enough in our first 28 games. We might stay up, we might not, if the season gets completed. If it doesn't, I don't believe you can have promotion and relegation based on incomplete seasons.

Using Villa as an example, it took us 49 games to earn promotion last season, which meant that we had a reasonable expectation of being 'rewarded' with a 38 game season. Teams don't get relegated after 28 or 29 games (most prove a point-y example: Leicester in 14/15). Likewise, teams don't win promotion after 37 games (most prove a point-y example: Leeds last season).

If the season can't be finished, we'd be relegating teams that haven't mathematically been relegated and replacing them with promoted teams that haven't mathematically earned promotion.

If the season can't be completed, it's null and void. If the lower leagues can't be completed, you can't have promotion or relegation, you just have to start again.

Of course, if Leeds and West Brom are so convinced that they're Premier League quality, maybe an extra round of games against the top half might be in order next season to make up the difference if PPG is insisted on!

As predictable as night follows day, I got the 'desperate clubs trying to find any excuse' replies - so I responded with 'Not as desperate as those who are begging to be rewarded something they haven't earned it seems!'

People just don't seem to get it.

I shit you not with this.

About an hour ago i heard the back end of someone on 5live trying to say that its stressful for the young players at premier league clubs to have to go home and wash their own kit.
Even Kelly Cates was like seriously?.

I have no idea who this imbecile was but he sounded thicker than Clinton Morrison.

I presume it's not the main match kit. Wouldn't the kitman hand them a fresh outfit as they were leaving and collect the soiled stuff next time they were in?

I'm pretty sure whoever washes their normal skidders will have no trouble with their training kit .
In fact they earn more than enough to bin their clothes and get brand new ones on a daily basis

I presume it's not the main match kit. Wouldn't the kitman hand them a fresh outfit as they were leaving and collect the soiled stuff next time they were in?

They were talking about after training. But no . Apparently the little darlings have to go home in their cars... get this .....without showering......AND .....this is just outrageous.....wash their kit .

#premierleagueplayerslivesmatter

If I sound angry its because I'm angry! Have just read Edward Woodward comments re tomorrows meeting. He "tells Premier League rebels to back down". He goes on to say..."urge clubs near the bottom of the Premier League to accept that relegation will happen at the end of the current season come what may". I have three words of response.....NO! NO! NO!

So Man utd what to try and relegate Villa by changing the rules of the PL so they buy Grealish on the cheap? NO! NO! NO!

If he wants a war tomorrow then we have a "ZOOM WAR".

Bottom 6 terms and conditions are no change to any rules of the PL unless agreed by all 20 clubs. Anything PL try and enforce we and the other 5 clubs we take the Court and I have every confidence we will win because our case is based on the agreed rules of the PL.

If I sound angry its because I'm angry! Have just read Edward Woodward comments re tomorrows meeting. He "tells Premier League rebels to back down". He goes on to say..."urge clubs near the bottom of the Premier League to accept that relegation will happen at the end of the current season come what may". I have three words of response.....NO! NO! NO!

So Man utd what to try and relegate Villa by changing the rules of the PL so they buy Grealish on the cheap? NO! NO! NO!

Bottom 6 terms and conditions are no change to any rules of the PL unless agreed by all 20 clubs. Anything PL try and enforce we and the other 5 clubs we take the Court and I have every confidence we will win because our case is based on the agreed rules of the PL.

I wouldn't worry. The league will finish behind closed doors and it will be decided on the pitch.

I wouldn't worry. The league will finish behind closed doors and it will be decided on the pitch.

No issue with that providing the PM stick with the existing rules BUT latest news is that Villa are being asked to play first three games in 7 days and thats not acceptable. Should be a minimum 5 or 6 days between each game.

No issue with that providing the PM stick with the existing rules BUT latest news is that Villa are being asked to play first three games in 7 days and thats not acceptable. Should be a minimum 5 or 6 days between each game.

They really need to space it out, I just don't get the rush it's not as if next season is going to start in August or even September they can start it whenever it's safe son one game a week it takes 9 weeks

Any legal eagles who can enlighten us? Self interest will prevail but we must stand our corner. Imagine Liverpool,Man u and Chelsea were in the relegation spots,to be replaced by the Baggies,Millwall and Barnsley. Premier League,TV rights,Champions League (top four),rank stink of hypocrisy.

Wrote this comment on The Guardian a few days ago:

Villa fan myself. We are where we are because we haven't been good enough in our first 28 games. We might stay up, we might not, if the season gets completed. If it doesn't, I don't believe you can have promotion and relegation based on incomplete seasons.

Using Villa as an example, it took us 49 games to earn promotion last season, which meant that we had a reasonable expectation of being 'rewarded' with a 38 game season. Teams don't get relegated after 28 or 29 games (most prove a point-y example: Leicester in 14/15). Likewise, teams don't win promotion after 37 games (most prove a point-y example: Leeds last season).

If the season can't be finished, we'd be relegating teams that haven't mathematically been relegated and replacing them with promoted teams that haven't mathematically earned promotion.

If the season can't be completed, it's null and void. If the lower leagues can't be completed, you can't have promotion or relegation, you just have to start again.

Of course, if Leeds and West Brom are so convinced that they're Premier League quality, maybe an extra round of games against the top half might be in order next season to make up the difference if PPG is insisted on!

As predictable as night follows day, I got the 'desperate clubs trying to find any excuse' replies - so I responded with 'Not as desperate as those who are begging to be rewarded something they haven't earned it seems!'

People just don't seem to get it.

Front paged that mate.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...mpleted-otherwise-it-has-to-be-null-and-void/

I've been thinking about the legal implications too HJ. Obviously I'm coming at this from a layman's point of view, but to me it seems pretty simple.

I only recently found out that the lower leagues have been cancelled without promotion or relegation. How can the FA insist that the rules of the football pyramid be applied to some leagues but not others?

The rules must apply to everyone, or they can't apply to anyone.

Some lawyers are going to become millionaires over this.