#COVID19 | Page 342 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Starmer has been trying to 'force' the government to publish all the advice from SAGE. Right now none of us know exactly what the government is basing its decision making process on.

Are you being selfish? I guess that depends a little on the age of your children and how important school currently is. Again data is far from clear as to the best course of action.

As unpleasant as it might be there is also the option of self-isolating so they can return to normality.
I've said that I would gladly self-isolate. But the risk is I need help and support from someone often. Also the Bathroom would be a major risk.

My children are in year 10 & 12. Which is the years most at a disadvantage. But School can only offer a morning a week for the year 10 child. And at the moment we don't know about year 12 plans yet. Both are doing well at School. And have been doing a lot of work from home.

At the moment we're thinking give it three weeks and see what kind of a situation we find ourselves in then.

Its just so hard.

Corbyn visited and campaigned in MANY working class towns. HE wasn't all about the middle class, the PARTY was. Let's move on from that though. How is the multi-millionaire, SIR Keir going to WIN back the working class? The extension to Brexit that is coming will certainly help him but that isn't down to HIM
They're counting on those that supported Corbyn to vote for Starmer because most of us are anti Tory and will do anything to stop the Tories. Where we wasn't allowed that luxury. Those red tories in the party did everything to stop Labour and wanted a Tory govt.

And of course there's an establishment that wants to keep the status quo. Why do you think there're two main parties. And the only way to win is being like the Tories.

You mean Corbyn who went to an expensive private school, who grew up in a huge upper class home, who owned expensive property in London as opposed to the son of a nurse and tool maker who went to a state school and earned everything for himself? Corbyn has a net worth of 3-4m btw.

Sure blame Starmer for Brexit, after all the Labour leader refused to actually lead on the subject...

For someone who acts like a self-proclaimed 'pragmatist' on these boards, I'm surprised you went down this route. A child doesn't have a choice how it's brought up, what school it goes to, what house it lives in, etc; an adult does.

Corbyn gave up his childhood in search for equality in society all over the world. Starmer also forgot his upbringings and became a knight of the realm. I know who I'd back to help the needy.

This is what he has achieved in two months

View attachment 39810

So with the media on his side and against Cummings/Bozo, a government that has 'delivered' Brexit, a government that's been against the poor for a decade and with the highest death rate in the world in dealing with this pandemic and Corbyn and anti-Semitism a distant memory he's still behind, well done Sir Keir

That's because of the handling of Covid and how some of the media are now holding the Tories to account. And you know it!
So he has managed Tory chaos well.

We have had two years of utter shambles by the Tories over Brexit. What Corbyn delivered was an 80 seat majority for the other side.

The point is that when the Tories are fucking up, people are willing to move towards the alternative because it is palatable.

So with the media on his side and against Cummings/Bozo, a government that has 'delivered' Brexit, a government that's been against the poor for a decade and with the highest death rate in the world in dealing with this pandemic and Corbyn and anti-Semitism a distant memory he's still behind, well done Sir Keir
He's closed the gap from 24 points to 4 points in 8 weeks

This is the polling he inherited;

Screenshot_20200530-210751_Samsung Internet.jpg
The narrowing of the gap comes despite the "crisis bonus" enjoyed by the government (not everyone agrees they are managing it badly, not by a long shot) and the sympathy support for Johnson having been in ICU

He's closed the gap from 24 points to 4 points in 8 weeks

This is the polling he inherited;

View attachment 39811
The narrowing of the gap comes despite the "crisis bonus" enjoyed by the government (not everyone agrees they are managing it badly, not by a long shot) and the sympathy support for Johnson having been in ICU

How is that 'despite' the crisis bonus?

Also why not use YouGov on both where the figures (albeit slightly) are not so good for the knight?

How is that 'despite' the crisis bonus?

Also why not use YouGov on both where the figures (albeit slightly) are not so good for the knight?
I don't understand what you mean, but by all means post whatever evidence you want me to see

The "crisis" bonus is an international phenomenon that has been seen widely; namely that people 'rally to the flag' in a crisis and support the government

I don't understand what you mean, but by all means post whatever evidence you want me to see

The "crisis" bonus is an international phenomenon that has been seen widely; namely that people 'rally to the flag' in a crisis and support the government

So 71% being against Cummings and god knows what percentage thinking Bozo's handling him and this crisis poorly isn't helping Labour?

So 71% being against Cummings and god knows what percentage thinking Bozo's handling him and this crisis poorly isn't helping Labour?
Of course it is.

Just like two years of utter shambles, in fighting and incompetence by the Tory party (not to mention Grenfell) should have helped Corbyn.

But if you don't have a leader who says the right things at the right time to take advantage then you don't get the bounce.

While the Tories were dying on their arse, Corbyn and Abbot were telling voters we needed to bring Shemima Begum home.

So yes, Cummings has helped. But once those people have accepted that they are willing to vote Labour and Starmer, there is nothing to say they will go back.

Gaining 20 points in 8 weeks is encouraging. Assuming you don't want a Tory Government again, you should be happier than you might have been since mid 2017

Last edited:
Of course it is.

Just like two years of utter shambles, in fighting and incompetence by the Tory party (not to mention Grenfell) should have helped Corbyn.

But if you don't have a leader who says the right things at the right time to take advantage then you don't get the bounce.

While the Tories were dying on their arse, Corbyn and Abbot were telling voters we needed to bring Shemima Begum home.

So yes, Cummings has helped. But once those people have accepted that they are willing to vote Labour and Starmer, there is nothing to say they will go back.

Gaining 20 points in 8 weeks is encouraging. Assuming you don't want a Tory Government again, you should be happier than you might have been since mid 2017

And Starmer, Thornberry Kinnock, Watson, Umunna, etc were telling voters they were thick, racist and didn't know what they had voted for

Corbyn WAS telling voters what they wanted to hear: "we will respect the referendum result". Then at the next election he had to say we want a people's vote
That was decided by the members at the party conference, because it was what the membership wanted. Blame them

And Starmer, Thornberry Kinnock, Watson, Umunna, etc were telling voters they were thick, racist and didn't know what they had voted for
Thornberry I might grant you (though she denies it and it is her word against someone else's), but by all means show me the evidence of anyone else in the current cabinet who said that voters were thick and racist?

None of us knew what we were voting for in 2016 unless we voted remain. We certainly didn't know it was a vote for no deal.

Thornberry I might grant you (though she denies it and it is her word against someone else's), but by all means show me the evidence of anyone else in the current cabinet who said that voters were thick and racist?

None of us knew what we were voting for in 2016 unless we voted remain. We certainly didn't know it was a vote for no deal.

I didn't vote remain and I KNEW what I was voting for. How fucking arrogant to suggest that you knew what you voted for and leavers didn't. AGAIN, you are one of the reason why people did actually vote leave

So Starmer was absolutely nothing to do with it? Starmer always wanted what the membership wanted, did he? Why the resignation and chicken coup then?
It's irrelevant what Starmer wanted.

The decision to campaign for a people' vote came from the membership and votes at the party conference. The reasoning was that the Brexit vote was already split three ways and probably beyond Labour once the Brexit party were on the scene, but Labour were haemorrhaging remain votes.

I like this idea that poor little Corbyn, in complete control of the party and the NEC, couldn't do anything he wanted not control his own manifesto, but one single MP, Keir Starmer, could control everything behind the scenes.