What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 20 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

I'm amazed to find foreigners have a tendency to speak little or no English, Devon! The bounders! ;)

Sounds absolutely great. Went to Rome last year for our 10th wedding anniversary and, for a big capital city, absolutely loved it and would go back.

At some stage when all this nonsense is over, I'd like to Pompeii and Herculaneum. Probably off-season to avoid at least some of the crowds.

We visited both those sites a few years ago. Stayed in Sorrento. Went to H on the train on our own; did a guided coach trip to P which included going up Vesuvius - good trip but a McDonald's in P takes the edge off!!

Tea just going in now...chicken thighs, skin on, scored and rubbed with harissa paste in a tray bake with mushrooms, red onions,black olives and tomatoes plus left over new potatoes,sliced,all in the same roasting dish.
Just enjoyed one of my current favourite beers.....Tribute, pale ale from St Austell in the garden. Just opened a Golden Fleece Blond from Fiskerton (Ferry Ales Brewery). It’s ok cos I’m not working tomorrow.£5 for 3 from the coop. Mrs Eweimps is on a rose cider View attachment 39469

One of our local micro breweries is doing 9 pint boxes, so had one last weekend, and will have another next - great to be drinking real ale rather than bottled all the time

Yep, I quite like Doombar.

So here's another topic: forgotten pints.

I passed Castle Eden in the North recently and wondered why it rang a bell - I'd never been there. After a while, I realised Castle Eden IPA used to be one of my favourite pints. Apparently the brewery that was there shut down years ago.

Used to get that in the Red Lion at Sturton

We visited both those sites a few years ago. Stayed in Sorrento. Went to H on the train on our own; did a guided coach trip to P which included going up Vesuvius - good trip but a McDonald's in P takes the edge off!!

I'm jealous! Yes, we met a friendly US couple in Rome who recommended Sorrento and doing by train.

I'm jealous! Yes, we met a friendly US couple in Rome who recommended Sorrento and doing by train.

I would recommend it, we had two weeks there a number of years ago and always said we would love to go back. Fantastic views of Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples from the hotel. Didn’t do P or H as we were advised that in the heat of the summer the sites were very open and offered very little cover and the heat can be brutal so gave it a miss. Nice short boat trips to Capri and Ischia too and of course the Amalfi coast drive. Lovely place, one of our favourite holidays.

I would recommend it, we had two weeks there a number of years ago and always said we would love to go back. Fantastic views of Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples from the hotel. Didn’t do P or H as we were advised that in the heat of the summer the sites were very open and offered very little cover and the heat can be brutal so gave it a miss. Nice short boat trips to Capri and Ischia too and of course the Amalfi coast drive. Lovely place, one of our favourite holidays.

Yes, we did those trips too - good days out

last night`s nosh(Wednesday) was more of the lumpwood bbq,with chicken and a slice of rump steak,top gear as usual,homemade coleslaw,spuds,aubergine skewers and a salad with bundles of coriander.+ stuffed mushrooms.

Fresh pineapple with half a bottle of brandy and clotted cream filled the gaps.

Beers included Leffe blond,German craft beer (rob`s choice ) and a bottle of rose
al fresco dining...........can`t beat it.

Tapeworms were replete as usual, but moaning about bbq nosh again,........wankers.

Bad news on the horizon for my little family friendly bbq

https://www.mic.com/articles/91303/...ld-stop-using-your-charcoal-grill-immediately

Last edited:
Have had to get supplies delivered from the NL as stocks run out, stuff you can’t get here, all to keep the family happy ! Thank heavens for ExPat Shops and the internet.

I had a makeshift dinner of toast parsnips, steamed cabbage and carrots and a couple of strange veggie sausages made of mushroom, fennel and god-knows-what.

Hopefully something better constructed tonight!

I had a makeshift dinner of toast parsnips, steamed cabbage and carrots and a couple of strange veggie sausages made of mushroom, fennel and god-knows-what.

Hopefully something better constructed tonight!

Possibly a bubble and squeak made with sprouts?
or fire up that bbq.

Got a top soup in the freezer,brussel sprout and chestnut but the weather is a tad warm for soup.
Keep eating.