What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 19 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Steak and chips tonight, mushrooms, onion rings and peas. Don’t have it too often but went down really well tonight with a couple of beers
Again a straight forward nosh with a guarantee it`s gonna deliver 100%. satisfaction.......eat your heart out Mr Raymond Blanc.........

Sea bass tonight. Very nice but not very big, could have eaten 3 of them.
Rick,you must be the only lad still working full time whilst we are all doing FA and you need to build that carb intake up and it also sound like you need a few protein shakes to fuel the fire.
Lardy buns,haslet cobs and a large portion of black pud with bubble and squeak could be the answer.

Rick,you must be the only lad still working full time whilst we are all doing FA and you need to build that carb intake up and it also sound like you need a few protein shakes to fuel the fire.
Lardy buns,haslet cobs and a large portion of black pud with bubble and squeak could be the answer.
Not the only one Devon but I'm ready for a break.
Black pudding?.....Yuk! I'd put that on a par with tripe and onions, although I think I once did try tripe, or should I say, was forced to try it - child abuse.

Chicken or fish is my staple diet with a bit of red meat thrown in now and then. Fruit n Veg, nuts, berries and seeds, pulses and grains.
But my downfall is cholcolate, I am completely powerless to resist it.
I'm popping vitamin C and zinc tablets like smarties though.

Not the only one Devon but I'm ready for a break.
Black pudding?.....Yuk! I'd put that on a par with tripe and onions, although I think I once did try tripe, or should I say, was forced to try it - child abuse.

Chicken or fish is my staple diet with a bit of red meat thrown in now and then. Fruit n Veg, nuts, berries and seeds, pulses and grains.
But my downfall is cholcolate, I am completely powerless to resist it.
I'm popping vitamin C and zinc tablets like smarties though.

Decent black pudding is a thing of beauty but i agree on the tripe it`s proper shite.
The Italians love eating it too and my Lancastrian ex brother in law ordered it in a restaurant and they were shocked and explained what it was but he often ate it,but it`s not for me either.
Keep safe and don`t work too hard.

Last night`s humble offering on the griddle was the chicken thighs,grilled aubergine ,courgettes,potatoes,romano peppers and a new addition of stuffed mushrooms(cheese,onions,red pepper,oil, and grain mustard),rabbit`s delight was also scoffed
contents of my bbq are consistent but may need re tuning for the worms in this hot spell
Weather was tasty so opened a Soave with a bit of cheap rose and finished with a glass of decent red.

Finished off the crumble(apple and blackberry,picked off the road last season.
...Fearney Whittingstall eat your heart out........River Cottage my arse.
Check out his River Cottage rental,£1250 for 2 nights,he is taking the piss
https://www.rivercottage.net/accommodation/pricing
....rant over.

Post the bbq I finished off making my saag aloo,a big batch of stuff and am now slightly worried for my tapeworms as I think I have overdone the chillies.....oops!

Turns out we've got an Edwardian stacking cake stand from my grandmother so I'm off to Aldi for my sandwich fillings and Iceland for their miniature frozen cakes selection before we see if we can get 4 of us onto the 2m squared flat balcony for an afternoon tea.

Turns out we've got an Edwardian stacking cake stand from my grandmother so I'm off to Aldi for my sandwich fillings and Iceland for their miniature frozen cakes selection before we see if we can get 4 of us onto the 2m squared flat balcony for an afternoon tea.
When the food rationing starts further down the line you will be looking back at that afternoon tea with fond memories,whilst you are social distancing in the snow for 2 hours outside Aldi`s waiting to buy half a pound of scrag end of lamb for the Sunday dinner.

FOOTNOTE: don`t get rid of the allotment yet those vegetables may be priceless as we move forward in the crash,giant marrows with a bit of chilli could be a lifesaver by Xmas.

ps: I`m trying to get in front of the curve on this nosh game and have heard that in all these top restaurants frequented by these toffs and yuppie bastards, nasturtium leaves are the new superfood and I need to get onboard quickly otherwise i`m gonna feel like I have been shafted by these ruling classes!

.......off down to Lidl`s sharpish this afternoon in a search for this new manna from heaven.
keep safe.

Ham salad again for us, pork pie, homemade slaw for lunch

Spag Bol tonight and what sauce is left will probably become lasagne for tomorrow

Decent black pudding is a thing of beauty but i agree on the tripe it`s proper shite.
The Italians love eating it too and my Lancastrian ex brother in law ordered it in a restaurant and they were shocked and explained what it was but he often ate it,but it`s not for me either.
Keep safe and don`t work too hard.
One side of my family are butchers and the older generations in particular would eat ANYTHING: brawn, trotters, sweetbread, any manner of offal and so on.........BUT NOT tripe.

One side of my family are butchers and the older generations in particular would eat ANYTHING: brawn, trotters, sweetbread, any manner of offal and so on.........BUT NOT tripe.

Got a quick one about offal that occurred in a French restaurant in Cherbourg,Northern France back in my youth when I
used to holiday on my father in law`s fishing boat ( rough living) generally pissing it up on holiday.
Mob handed we turned one night up at the restaurant and all chose the rice with veal option on the menu (ris de veau)
Special pans turned up with special lids and when the nosh was revealed we were faced with sweetbreads of the pancreas variety(white soft fatty lumps in a sauce,texture wise it was...ucking revolting)
Owner of restaurant a little perturbed that we never ate any of the food served....I explained we were muppets.
..........nearest chip van where are you??????
As my late father used to say"no point in being a prick without showing it"

Got a quick one about offal that occurred in a French restaurant in Cherbourg,Northern France back in my youth when I
used to holiday on my father in law`s fishing boat ( rough living) generally pissing it up on holiday.
Mob handed we turned one night up at the restaurant and all chose the rice with veal option on the menu (ris de veau)
Special pans turned up with special lids and when the nosh was revealed we were faced with sweetbreads of the pancreas variety(white soft fatty lumps in a sauce,texture wise it was...ucking revolting)
Owner of restaurant a little perturbed that we never ate any of the food served....I explained we were muppets.
..........nearest chip van where are you??????
As my late father used to say"no point in being a prick without showing it"
Pancreas is surely right at the bottom of the list of offal you would want to eat! That or sphincters, take your pick I suppose...

Thymus used in sweetbreads must be up there as well. When they have to call something sweet and bread when it is clearly neither, tells it's own story.
Absolutely! I'm all for not wasting anything but my word, some of those parts are really testing. I would argue that they might be better off going into dog food!