Bands You Wish You had seen... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bands You Wish You had seen...

The ticket price is because that's where the money is, now. It used to be physical sales of product - singles and albums - that made the money, with tours to promote them, now it's the other way around.

Edit: but yes, horribly expensive. I wanted to take Mrs notty to see ELO, who she likes. £125.00 each at the NEC for seats that were probably half a mile away.
Yep, ELO were one that I looked at. £125 is way too much for me. I sometimes think, I could go out and buy the entire back catalogue of some bands for the price of a ticket!

I'm Dad rock at heart but have a pretty eclectic liking of most music genres (except rap/urban stuff) and can usually find something to like even in ones I'm not so keen on such as country and jazz. So it's not such a surprise that the two outfits I really wish I'd seen in their pomp are at two different ends of the scale in Uriah Heep and Peter, Paul and Mary.

My mum often tells of seeing The Rolling Stones play in Lincoln in the mid-60's at the old ABC.
Before my time that but one that would have been great to have been at whereas nowadays the best part of 500 quid to see them is not something I'm willing to fork out

My mum often tells of seeing The Rolling Stones play in Lincoln in the mid-60's at the old ABC.
Before my time that but one that would have been great to have been at whereas nowadays the best part of 500 quid to see them is not something I'm willing to fork out
Did that one, couldn't hear a thing, also Chuck Berry who could be heard while he was on stage which wasn't long, and Cilla Black who would have been better if I couldn't hear her.

I'm Dad rock at heart but have a pretty eclectic liking of most music genres (except rap/urban stuff) and can usually find something to like even in ones I'm not so keen on such as country and jazz. So it's not such a surprise that the two outfits I really wish I'd seen in their pomp are at two different ends of the scale in Uriah Heep and Peter, Paul and Mary.
uriah heep ...........i was there in my youth at the Rainbow Finsbury Park (1970`S)
you certainly have an open mind on musical taste.........and that is to be admired.

Last edited:
I would of loved to have seen Pink Floyd anytime but especially around the time of the Wish you were here album when I first got into them.
Have seen Roger Waters on the ' In the flesh' tour at Mancheater Arena and have seen The Australian Pink Floyd three times who were excellent.
Brit Floyd are now my favourite Pink Floyd tribute band but havnt seen them live yet.

Also remember going to see a band called Colleseum II at the Theatre Royal must of been mid 70's who featured Gary Moore who eventually left to join Thin Lizzy and Don Airey, keyboard player ,who also left to join Rainbow.

I would of loved to have seen Pink Floyd anytime but especially around the time of the Wish you were here album when I first got into them.
Have seen Roger Waters on the ' In the flesh' tour at Mancheater Arena and have seen The Australian Pink Floyd three times who were excellent.
Brit Floyd are now my favourite Pink Floyd tribute band but havnt seen them live yet.
Managed to see Floyd at Maine Road 1987,
Walter's gone by then but a stunning night from opening with Shine on You Crazy Diamond via the pig to the finish with the mega disco ball for Comfortably Numb. We stood on the terraces near the back and soaked it all in.