Live concerts/gigs | Page 3 | Vital Football

Live concerts/gigs

A few more I've seen: Jeff Healey Band (astonishing blind power blues guitarist), Richard Thompson, Lindisfarne, The Proclaimers.

Most obscure : The Photos with Wendy Wu

Most famous : Bowie. Absolutely outstanding and I wasn't even a big fan.

Most talented : Buddy Rich - Jazz drummer.

Most times :Tubeway Army / Gary Numan.

Crowded House
Midnight Oil
Big Country
Lloyd Cole
The Beat
Stranglers
Paul Weller
Squeeze
James
Echo and the Bunnymen
The Alarm
Madness
Heaven 17 (with the wife!)
China Crisis
The Selector
Hoodoo Gurus
The Longsands (Geordie indie band)

Blondie, later in their career. Would have loved to see them back in the day.

When I was at Newcastle Uni., I queued for hours to go on "The Tube" - it was free, but you had to be prepared to turn up early.

On there, I saw Paul Weller in Style Council, The Fall and another live band I can't remember.

"The Tube" was excellent, back in the day when Channel 4 wasn't the place TV goes to die.

As a kid used to get to the BBC "in concert"live recordings and best act i saw there was The sensational Alex Harvey band.......top drawer and free (r.i.p AH)

As a schoolkid it was popular to go to the top of the pops studios to watch acts miming,never went and never ever did meet Jimmy Savile.
Nearest I got to JS was I had a mate who bought his old Jaguar v12 convertible(yellow) he used to give me the odd lift about town.

The Starlight Room at Boston Gliderdrome in the 60's had some of the top bands and performers.
Yardbirds, Small Faces, Walker Brothers, Jimi Hendrix and the never to be forgotten Otis Redding just some I saw. Almost all of the top names of the time played there, as they did in towns all over the country.

One classic band I have seen live is the Moody Blues. They were better than I expected.

I also saw Robert Plant on his first solo tour. That was, OK, I guess.

My mate keeps dragging me to Brudenell Club at Leeds and other similar venues to watch bands he has done the homework on that I have never heard of. They are all invariably pretty decent Indie/prog./rock but the ones that blew me away were 'The Music' in their last ever gig at Leeds where I had to take cover behind the mixing desk from all the fan carnage going on and 'White Denim' who I think are still a thing. Basically the latter came on stage and tore the venue down for 90 minutes without speaking or pausing between tracks and walked off leaving a mesmerised and stunned audience in their wake.

My mate keeps dragging me to Brudenell Club at Leeds and other similar venues to watch bands he has done the homework on that I have never heard of. They are all invariably pretty decent Indie/prog./rock but the ones that blew me away were 'The Music' in their last ever gig at Leeds where I had to take cover behind the mixing desk from all the fan carnage going on and 'White Denim' who I think are still a thing. Basically the latter came on stage and tore the venue down for 90 minutes without speaking or pausing between tracks and walked off leaving a mesmerised and stunned audience in their wake.

I saw White Denim at the Bodega in Nottingham about 10 years ago. And yes, they are very good live.

Blondie, later in their career. Would have loved to see them back in the day.

Likewise saw them in Delamere Forest about 5 years ago, Debbie Harry just turned 70 but still wore and carried off a bright pink jumpsuit and voice still doing the business.

A surprisingly good live band I saw was The Eurythmics. My missus was a huge fan so I bought a couple of tickets for her birthday front row NEC. Never been into them myself but got to say was a really good gig