So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 139 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

Dry your eyes C, and quit with the virtue signalling, it’s unbecoming.

Besides how have you backed the lockdown? You want football to return when social distancing measures are still in place.
I'd rather be virtue signalling than a delusional sheep. You damn right I want football to return. In fact if I were Latics, I'd open the stadium up to all fans. Don't sacrifice the loss of money incurred by behind closed doors and they are now powerless to stop it. One rule for them, the rest for us common people.

I'd rather be virtue signalling than a delusional sheep. You damn right I want football to return. In fact if I were Latics, I'd open the stadium up to all fans. Don't sacrifice the loss of money incurred by behind closed doors and they are now powerless to stop it. One rule for them, the rest for us common people.

Try a large brandy and a darkened room, you’re embarrassing yourself.

I used to say similar stuff to my dad when I was 5 if I couldn't get my own way. No matter what you think about what is going on why would you put your family at risk just to make a point to the government. ?.... I don't get it. I make my safety decisions, nobody else.

Nah. That's not right. There's still cause for concern. It's still going round. If there's a second wave, don't let the government point the finger and say it's our fault.

I actually fear for the safety of the Mard arse snowflakes. I'll hurt myself , I will if I dont get my own way. Oh fucking get on with it then and stop boring the rest of us. DC was probably daft for doing what he did but so fucking what ?.. get on with protecting your own families and get a life.

I agree with MiW
Johnson is so intelligent that he can see a nuanced justification for Cumming's actions. The fact that the majority cannot see or understand this justification is not the fault of Johnston.
We should just respect the decisions of our betters.
Us little folk should just carry on voting Tory.

Knowing that you’re now keen on facts, here’s something for you to peruse. Even Moonay may want a butchers

SI 350 Regulation 6 para (2)(b) – “a reasonable excuse includes the need—to provide care or assistance, including relevant personal care within the meaning of paragraph 7(3B) of Schedule 4 to the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Groups Act 2006(1), to a vulnerable person [Cummins’ son], or to provide emergency assistance”. The problem is Dalek/Moonay that few read the law.

There is a difference between guidance and law and guidance can be ignored because it isn’t law. The guidance has always been more restrictive that the law which provides for an infinite number of reasons to travel anywhere and 15 major categories of typical ‘excuses’. It suits the government to issue more restrictive guidance because it meets their agenda and is easier to communicate. The law for example does not recognise social distancing and the 2m 'rule' which cannot be enforced.

Now Cummings didn’t break the law when he attended Durham. If he went on this jaunt to this castle he may well have done and if he’d returned to Durham or any other place he’s rumoured to have been sighted without good reason. Once some evidence has been provided and the facts of the case established then these can be examined by the PM and a decision reached on the sanction. Until that time, as it stands, he has not broken the law, nor is there compelling evidence to suggest he has. However I will gladly reassess my view if and when there is some.

Actually MiW, I had read that ........ and (in my opinion), your interpretation is wrong.

- Cummings wasn't travelling to "provide care"
- His son wasn't a "vulnerable" person ....... kids are less likely to catch Covid ....... he'd just need looking after (though likely not in a medical sense)

It was precautionary ...................... not essential.

His car (or at least "a car he has previously got into") has been ANPR'd at Barnard Castle by the way..

I actually fear for the safety of the Mard arse snowflakes. I'll hurt myself , I will if I dont get my own way. Oh fucking get on with it then and stop boring the rest of us. DC was probably daft for doing what he did but so fucking what ?.. get on with protecting your own families and get a life.
I fear for the safety of all the old people who may have been sentenced to death via a second wave through the chain reaction of Mr Cummings’ actions.

But then again, since when have these dictators ever given a shit about the old people during this pandemic?

This one could prove to be quite costly for Johnson.............

I think what he hasn’t factored into the equation is that this is political. Most want him gone because they already disliked him, not because he travelled to Durham for childcare reasons.

Folk will choose to ignore the government or say they will because they haven’t got their own way and are throwing toys out of the pram. (Morgan, C latic) Others will be upset they haven’t got their own way but maintain a semblance of self responsibility and act accordingly (Moonay). The rest of us who can see there’s no evidence he’s broken the law or think this is all pathetic will still comply. If the government pandered to those in group one on everything they wouldn’t be able to govern.

I think what he hasn’t factored into the equation is that this is political. Most want him gone because they already disliked him, not because he travelled to Durham for childcare reasons..

But surely, you see the point the the advisory group are making. Whatever the motivation for the reaction, Johnson's defence of Cummings has given them a reason.

Folk will choose to ignore the government or say they will because they haven’t got their own way and are throwing toys out of the pram. (Morgan, C latic) Others will be upset they haven’t got their own way but maintain a semblance of self responsibility and act accordingly (Moonay). The rest of us who can see there’s no evidence he’s broken the law or think this is all pathetic will still comply. If the government pandered to those in group one on everything they wouldn’t be able to govern.

As I've just posted .......... the issue of whether or not he broke the law depends on the interpretation of those two points. Regardless, that wasn't Johnson's prime defence. He was making sure he had child care.

More holes than a string vest.

I think what he hasn’t factored into the equation is that this is political. Most want him gone because they already disliked him, not because he travelled to Durham for childcare reasons.

What you fail to grasp is that this isn’t about the person in my case, it’s about the crime. If Keir Starmer had been the one who had done this, I’d have demanded his sacking just and would never vote Labour under his leadership. Ditto the leader of any other political party who had committed this act, because I don’t hold a staunch political view. I’m a floater who judges on the here and now. You on the other hand are an example of many other people with a different view depending on the person involved as your political views are entrenched firmly on one side. Had this been Starmer, you would not have held the opinion you have now. You would have wanted him locked up let alone sacked, no matter how little evidence there was against him.

You’ll deny it on here until you’re blue in the face but we both know it’s true and no amount of gesticulating on here will change that.

Actually MiW, I had read that ........ and (in my opinion), your interpretation is wrong.

- Cummings wasn't travelling to "provide care"
- His son wasn't a "vulnerable" person ....... kids are less likely to catch Covid ....... he'd just need looking after (though likely not in a medical sense)

It was precautionary ...................... not essential.

His car (or at least "a car he has previously got into") has been ANPR'd at Barnard Castle by the way..

Key word there Moonay, interpretation.

4 year olds are vulnerable given their age. Full stop. He was travelling to access care when both parents were ill and may have been unable to provide it - not because the child may have got covid.

In regards the anpr I’ll grant that in addition to this witness then this is corroboration. How its been obtained however is another very important point. Is this private anpr or official? Who has accessed it and for what purpose? If official, there's no police, security services or other permitted agency investigation so no reasonable excuse to access it, so someone somewhere is breaking the law and breaching data protection rules by doing so and then leaking it. Someone will be in the shit having committed criminal offences if this is the case. If private, then the owner - a parking company for example, will also have likely breached data protection regs by failing to secure the information it gathers.

Was travelling 30 miles for exercise permitted at that time? If not and in the absence of any other reasonable excuse, assuming DC was with the vehicle, then he will also be in the shit and the PM will need to reassess his decision or level of sanction in the light of this information. It’s all about facts and evidence Moonay, not jumping to conclusions and making knee jerk decisions in the absence of them because a baying mob want you too.

I fear for the safety of all the old people who may have been sentenced to death via a second wave through the chain reaction of Mr Cummings’ actions.

But then again, since when have these dictators ever given a shit about the old people during this pandemic?

You’re just being pathetic now. Blaming someone else for your proposed breaking of the law and then blaming them again for the consequences of being ‘sentenced to death’ because of it. As I say pathetic, now get a grip of yourself and grow up.

But surely, you see the point the the advisory group are making. Whatever the motivation for the reaction, Johnson's defence of Cummings has given them a reason.

What he’s saying is the country is full of pathetic fuckwits who’ll act like children if they don’t get their own way.

As I've just posted .......... the issue of whether or not he broke the law depends on the interpretation of those two points. Regardless, that wasn't Johnson's prime defence. He was making sure he had child care.

Childcare was/is his defence. You may not agree but the law says the journey for this situation, in this circumstance was allowed.

What you fail to grasp is that this isn’t about the person in my case, it’s about the crime. If Keir Starmer had been the one who had done this, I’d have demanded his sacking just and would never vote Labour under his leadership. Ditto the leader of any other political party who had committed this act, because I don’t hold a staunch political view. I’m a floater who judges on the here and now. You on the other hand are an example of many other people with a different view depending on the person involved as your political views are entrenched firmly on one side. Had this been Starmer, you would not have held the opinion you have now. You would have wanted him locked up let alone sacked, no matter how little evidence there was against him.

You’ll deny it on here until you’re blue in the face but we both know it’s true and no amount of gesticulating on here will change that.

I was defending Teflon tone on here yesterday for alleged misdeeds on lockdown so your point really holds no water. I would have assessed the evidence and the evidence is that his initial trip was lawful. Stamp your feet all you like, make swinging/permanent judgements on one issue - that is your choice, but make sure you understand the law beforehand.

Becky :wub: Hartley-Brewer :shake:

It's not her politics, or right leaning that made me respond like that. It was her treatment of Greta Thunberg and her views on immigration that prompted my assessment.
Her "treatment" of Saint Greta (I thought it was Will Grigg who was on fire btw 😉).
consisted of calling out her parents and others in the "climate change police" who think it's fine to manipulate a troubled child - and quite right too.
On immigration spot on as well IMO - if you are arriving in the country to add value in an profession needed by the country you are welcome otherwise you are not.
A mirror of what Australia gets roundly applauded for !

Although you and others now doing the same in hissy protest would be OK and not be a potential death sentance?
2 wrongs an all that.
PS - grow the feck up !