What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 16 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

It’s one of our favourites, we use the coconut milk too but we’ve been using the Thai green ( or red) curry paste from a jar (Blue Dragon brand). It says to put a quarter of a jar in so it’s easy to adjust to taste,as I like it quite hot too.

if you can get it, best brand I have found so far is Mae Ploy for Thai stuff. CAution recommended with the green curry paste :lol:

I did hear that some supermarket in house bakeries have been bagging up smaller quantities to sell from the large wholesale bags that they use. Apparently there isn’t a flour shortage per se, it’s just the fact that there’s limited capacity to increase production on the retail size packs and of course the increase in demand of those
Thanks. Morrisons were advertising flour by visiting the bakery when the shelves were empty but selling it in 16 kilo bags. That was white though.
Good idea to try them for wholemeal.

if you can get it, best brand I have found so far is Mae Ploy for Thai stuff. CAution recommended with the green curry paste :lol:

Shall you be preparing anything special tonight Hither, might I suggest it’ll be with a glass of something nice?

Thanks. Morrisons were advertising flour by visiting the bakery when the shelves were empty but selling it in 16 kilo bags. That was white though.

My wife has just picked up some normal self-raising flour from Tesco, interestingly a “Brakes“ brand. First we’ve seen in weeks, I think they normally supply the pubs and restaurants so have obviously got an excess

Mr Hither is getting me to cook slow cooked stuff, with the excuse 'well, you've got more time with not commuting and they're lovely'

Fish pie, lamb shanks in red wine, tagine and beef rendang later, I admit he has a point.......

All sounds delicious

Interesting fridge clearing United Nations concoction tonight for me comprising of two starters really.....
Spanish pimento stuffed green olives with Iberica cheese with continental cold meat assortment-Spicy chorizo, dry cured prosciutto and mild salami. Also Edam cheese and small pickled onions serviced with garlic and parsley ciabatta.
To follow-prawn cocktail incl avocado with homemade sauce.
beer- Robinson’s brewery of Stockport golden ale. First taste for me and very enjoyable.....grapefruit and zesty character from American hop chinook and blackcurrant from British bramling cross hop flower....it says

16kg ha ha that’ll keep your sourdough starter going for months!

Interesting fridge clearing United Nations concoction tonight for me comprising of two starters really.....
Spanish pimento stuffed green olives with Iberica cheese with continental cold meat assortment-Spicy chorizo, dry cured prosciutto and mild salami. Also Edam cheese and small pickled onions serviced with garlic and parsley ciabatta.
To follow-prawn cocktail incl avocado with homemade sauce.
beer- Robinson’s brewery of Stockport golden ale. First taste for me and very enjoyable.....grapefruit and zesty character from American hop chinook and blackcurrant from British bramling cross hop flower....it says

Diet going well as usual.........you certainly love your grub

Plenty of lunches and dinners going on here.
Does anyone eat breakfast?
I'm pretty conservative (dull) in all my food choices and even worse at breakfast.

Overnight oats with 100g oats, 200g milk, 100g Fage yogurt, 100g frozen berries. Every weekday.

100g oats 400g milk, honey,salt, a side of fruit.
Every Sat & Sun.

And yes, I'm sad enough to measure it all out.:ROFLMAO:

25g oatbran made into porridge with semi-skimmed, dash of cinnamon, squeeze of golden syrup and topped with either stewed fruit or toasted hazelnuts. I'm weird like that.....