The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

So impressed with it, I've actually left a review on Amazon, which is rare for me.

They do a smaller version which would suit a lot of people,

Tried a record deadlift, but it wasn't shifting. I had trained legs and done squats, so to be fair, although warmed up, not the best prep.

But did manage a record of 4 sets of 10 at 110kg. Beast mode restored.

That weight is brilliant. Well done Fear, impressive.
Not easy in this heat... but mercy is for the weak.
Did 1.5 mile run. Completed in 9minutes 2 seconds. So definately felt it. Opened the lungs.
Then did 5x3 minute rounds of weighted shadow boxing.
5x3 minute rounds of low kicks and roundhouse kicks (mrs colavfc holds the shield bless her).
110 press ups
Ab routine.
20 mins of upper body weights.

Settling down for celebrity SAS now with a Pepsi max.

Try some shadow boxing to Muse Stockholm Syndrome Col... the end goes bonkers, I do it on my bags, it is a mad session, great fun! I have it on a playlist on its own to just repeat depending on how strong I'm feeling. Glad no one is watching! LOL

Not at all keen on that Manny ab routine, so jerky, the form is abysmal. I'd seek out something a bit smoother than that personally. Each to their own though dude.

@colavfc Mate, was a bit concerned with the Manny ab routine, hence my response above. But as I'm not qualified, I asked someone who is. To be fair, my abs do bear out my approach. Jeff C at athleanx would tell you the same. And now JuanMourep (a regular on here for years, trained athletes up to Olympic standard)

That's not a "full" ab workout, some of it is good as a finisher, but for boxing training he's also focusing on his fast twitch fibers which is the only reason I can see for using momentum in some if those movements, he wouldn't last that long doing my ab routines.

As he says, some of them are decent at the end, as finishers, bit like Jeff also recommends with the middle phase of bicep curls to failure to just get the pump, but not as a useful ab routine.

Obviously dude, you can take or leave the advice, I just know a lot of time and effort is wasted in the gym. I did a session this morning and went really slow, smooth, squeezed and held at several points, really hit the spot. My abs are showing through, my obliques are forming again nicely and so must be doing something right.

Hopefully taken in the way this is intended, I'm sure it will be!

@colavfc Mate, was a bit concerned with the Manny ab routine, hence my response above. But as I'm not qualified, I asked someone who is. To be fair, my abs do bear out my approach. Jeff C at athleanx would tell you the same. And now JuanMourep (a regular on here for years, trained athletes up to Olympic standard)

That's not a "full" ab workout, some of it is good as a finisher, but for boxing training he's also focusing on his fast twitch fibers which is the only reason I can see for using momentum in some if those movements, he wouldn't last that long doing my ab routines.

As he says, some of them are decent at the end, as finishers, bit like Jeff also recommends with the middle phase of bicep curls to failure to just get the pump, but not as a useful ab routine.

Obviously dude, you can take or leave the advice, I just know a lot of time and effort is wasted in the gym. I did a session this morning and went really slow, smooth, squeezed and held at several points, really hit the spot. My abs are showing through, my obliques are forming again nicely and so must be doing something right.

Hopefully taken in the way this is intended, I'm sure it will be!
Yeah of course. Honoured that you've took the time to ask about it. Much appreciated. Will try the Jeff C one tomoz then I think. Yeah I have done it a handful of times now so dont want to be investing time and pain into something that is not as effective.
Bless you Fear. Will let you know how the Jeff one goes tomoz.

Well my time for 1.5 mile cooper run today was pathetic. 9mins 44seconds. Worst ive done for a long time.
Annoyed with myself so did interval laps (about 500metres each) until exhaustion.
Then did some weights and the athlenex ab routine.
I did the 8 minute follow along video he uploaded 2 months ago... will copy it in below. Thought it was good. And it hurts. I finished that off with russian twists til exhaustion. My abs are throbbing now.

Will give that a wash.

Yes, sometimes you get days like that. You might be slightly overtraining, as said, make sure you have proper rest days (you can do active rest, so a walk, stretching and so on) but don't burn out. It isn't easy, the temptation is always to train, train, train...

It is very clear with my deadlifts, I get progress, push to a good weight, then have to drop off for a while, so as not to burn out or over stress the system (not just my challenged system, anyones system) ... But the session I did on Monday was definitely 'punishing' so yesterday I had little choice but to active rest and today, the session was slightly more 'sedate'... I dropped a few kg in weight on a few exercises, no choice.

But bigger picture, all absolutely fine, just being aware of the major load that Monday was and not worrying about having to match last Wednesday's numbers today.

Doesn't hurt beasting yourself Col, but just make sure not every session is a beasting session!

Tempted to buy his new training plan, got to get in touch with them to find out the splits, because if it has too many explosive moves, I wouldn't be able to do them, it has to be controlled for me due to the brain pressure. I usually find the right variations, but as said, need to be sure it isn't too integral in the plan.

Thats the problem. Id train all bloody day if i could. Im one of those bell ends you see in the que to get into Asda doing squats and shadow boxing.
I cant help it. I just buzz off exercise.
But yeah i think i may have been doing a little too much of late.
Without verging into UFC thread, ive never been able to get my head around how they get to that level of fitness. Its literally superhuman.

It isn't easy mate, it is the part I hate, the rest, especially as I get forced 'rest' when the flair ups come along, I can be out for a week, month, a year, it really is that unsure a thing. So when fit and have the energy, it is hard to get my head around not training.

But when you train, once you have trained your abs for instance, there is no profit in re-training them. You can take up more time watching new routines and researching. Or if you have had a run or been in the gym, learn some good stretches or go for a good walk - remembering to enjoy the walk, stop and look at some blinking trees or something! Some flexing as well works really well, do the exercises without weights, squeeze, hold, do some of the poses (flexing biceps or triceps, pulling in abs, whatever)

If not, you will get injured then you can't train at all. Not easy is it because as you say, it is a buzz!