La Liga can resume on 8th June | Vital Football

La Liga can resume on 8th June

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
Pedro Sanchez Spain's Pm says La Liga can restart on the 8th June.Of course it'll be behind closed doors but it's better than nowt,La liga has yet to confirm it's goin to start up again.Let's hope the Premier League starts soon.UTMPB

why does this need a new thread?
Cos i'm a football fan and football could be startin in Spain,as the title of the thread clearly states Germaine,:yes:that's why i started the thread but if you prefer to keep whingein abart the media havin the audacity to challenge Boris's mob over this pandemic and other things then that is entirely up to you my dear.I wanna see footy/sport or our little groups family's related topics on here mostly but as alluss each to their own.Just to say i'll be followin Barca if/when La Liga starts up again,glory hunter that i am.:giggle: UTMPB

I'm with Rod on this one, actually. The happy day when we can get back to supporting our club in its final few games and let the Covid thing discussion go 'off-topic' will be wonderful.

I shall be following Athletico. Supporting any team that doesn't play in red and white just doesn't feel right to me.

Last edited:
I'm with Rod on this one, actually. The happy day when we can get back to supporting our club in its final few games and let the Covid thing discussion go 'off-topic' will be wonderful.

I shall be following Athletico. Supporting any team that doesn't play in red and white just doesn't feel right to me.
Which Athletico, Bilbao,Madrid or both? UTMPB

spot on rod, more and more going back now ,all bodes well for the prem finally going back ,as in its not just us going back and the pressure what would have come with it.

Cos i'm a football fan and football could be startin in Spain,as the title of the thread clearly states Germaine,:yes:that's why i started the thread but if you prefer to keep whingein abart the media havin the audacity to challenge Boris's mob over this pandemic and other things then that is entirely up to you my dear.I wanna see footy/sport or our little groups family's related topics on here mostly but as alluss each to their own.Just to say i'll be followin Barca if/when La Liga starts up again,glory hunter that i am.:giggle: UTMPB

now then Rod - bein a bit sensitve areent you........can't take a joke like you always say? ;)

Which Athletico, Bilbao,Madrid or both? UTMPB

Pedantry time: it's actually Athletic Club Bilbao, not Athletico. Both clubs were founded by Basque students from middle class families, who had been sent to England to be educated and developed a love for the game. When they went home, they founded the two clubs and named them both in English, rather than Spanish. Athletic Club Madrid renamed themselves into Spanish following their civil war in the 1930s, but Bilbao have kept the English name, possibly because they merged with an English ex-pat team (Bilbao FC) along the way, but more likely due to the political differences between the Basques and the Spanish speaking lot.

Pedantry time: it's actually Athletic Club Bilbao, not Athletico. Both clubs were founded by Basque students from middle class families, who had been sent to England to be educated and developed a love for the game. When they went home, they founded the two clubs and named them both in English, rather than Spanish. Athletic Club Madrid renamed themselves into Spanish following their civil war in the 1930s, but Bilbao have kept the English name, possibly because they merged with an English ex-pat team (Bilbao FC) along the way, but more likely due to the political differences between the Basques and the Spanish speaking lot.

Just to add a bit more about Athletic Bilbao. They have a bar devoted to them on O'Reilly St in Havana Cuba.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...Havana_Ciudad_de_la_Habana_Province_Cuba.html

They were out there pre season training years ago and called in. Got on really well with the employees, (It's a Government owned business) and sent shed loads of kit and training equipment over when they got back to Spain. The place renamed itself Bar Bilbao and is a shrine for football fans globally who leave shirts,flags and scarves there when visiting the city.

I was in Cuba when Euro 2016 was on and watched a few matches in there. Amazing place,atmosphere and people. Could write a book on that visit.

now then Rod - bein a bit sensitve areent you........can't take a joke like you always say? ;)
Sensitive Germaine?Me? :LOL: Do i really always say "Can't take a joke"? :shake: I sometimes say each to their own or we're all entitled to our opinion.:yes: By the way what does areent mean?:tongue::giggle: UTMPB

La Liga president Javier Tebas is confident the league can return on June 11, with a Thursday night Seville derby between Sevilla and Real Betis.

"The intention is to start on June 11th or 12th, with Sevilla v Real Betis the first game in a 10pm kick off"