Coronavirus | Page 265 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Cummins should resign for breaking the rules - he won’t, nor will he get sacked. The detail I missed, was that he travelled with symptoms.

I’m sure someone has mentioned this or it was in the articles but that is outrageous. That’s like walking around with a loaded gun in your pocket. If you travel from London to Durham, you stop for a pee. He could’ve infected a couple of people just being at a services, what an awful man. It just shows your character when you have symptoms but still visit your parents.

He goes onto my list of people I’d like COVID to work it’s magic on, but unfortunately he might be over it.

And to go up to his parents of all people, to look after his kid. That isn't in the rules they set out.

My parents were warned (because they are very kind people) to stay away from mine and I said I had put my alarm on and wouldn't be turned it off so they couldn't sneak in to say hello! That is the way you do it, surely? Not rocket science this is it?

Cummings looks a right thug doesn't he? Scruffy arsehole, same as Johnson. I hate the fact these people are in charge.

I don’t agree with this “gotcha” style journalism just trying to catch people out. However the government trying to defend Cummings on this is sickening. Yes he has excuses, but everyone in the country has their own reason to not follow the rules. The rules are the rules not a case of the rules apply unless you have an excuse and we like you

Transport secretary is basically saying to me that we can drop our kids at the grandparents if me and my missus are ill, but we make a choice. Well, that’s the crux of his answer trying not to drop Cummings in it.

Accidentally or on purpose, our government are letting us as adults make the decision. That scares me knowing the intellect of this country

I'm not defending the idiots who flock to beaches or the Lake District etc , but when they have this government and its advisors setting such a poor example who can blame them for flouting the rules.
What's even more sickening is the government response and defence of this odious little prick.
Lead by example FFS

I'm not defending the idiots who flock to beaches or the Lake District etc , but when they have this government and its advisors setting such a poor example who can blame them for flouting the rules.
What's even more sickening is the government response and defence of this odious little prick.
Lead by example FFS

In general, I think people are behaving very well. The idiots sunbathing get the headlines although they are allowed to sunbathe! I think in general, 90% of people are behaving the problem is that 10% who aren’t is a big number in absolute terms.

Cyprus won’t open the door to Brits, we aren’t on the list due to our poor record and the 2-3 week delay from other countries.

There you have an economy which relies heavily on tourist money of which British tourist income is probably one of the most important - being brave enough to say they don’t want us.

So why does Britain still want Yanks and Arab travelling here?

We need to be brave and stop the country for another few weeks. Brits can support the more vulnerable parts of the british economy this summer, shut the front door and stick huge lock on it.

Why couldn't Cummings parents come to London and collect the Grandchild anyway ? Save the career psychopath travelling the length of the country spreading the virus to all and sundry.

Hold on a minute folks. I have not done an investigative deep dive here but:

He travelled whilst not displaying symptoms on the off chance he'd get ill like his wife.
His wife claims he came down ill 24 hours after she did.
They may or may not have isolated apart once at their destination.
It was all about providing care for the 4 yr old.

Erm, wouldn't this 'story' sound far more plausible if he'd left his wife at home and moved elsewhere with the kid?

Just watching snippets of Guernesey’s Covid plan. Different phases, household bubbles. All very grown up, planned, understood and obviously implemented well.

Our jokers don’t have a plan just a Nando’s spice meter. If we had a goal to aim for we’d all be more disciplined.

Good news. Matt Hancock told us these weren’t necessary or effective, and months after the world and the company I work for introduce them, London Heathrow will have heat scanners.

I posted about this a couple of months ago, better late than never. It won’t prevent those carrying and not displaying symptoms, but if it reduces the number of people spreading. Y half that’s a good thing.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...ature-checks-for-terminal-2-arrivals-11989684