Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 146 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

How totally and utterly Aston Villa will it be if after having a reprieve getting a fully fit SJM back with the season being suspended. That when we can resume SJM cant play because he has Asthma.

We were losing when he was in the team as well though, so not sure I'd be putting SJM up as an excuse to be fair.

But yes, bet he'd be gutted, as I am quite sure he is the sort like Milner, who when fit, just wants to play footie. Sounds daft, but some players really aren't that arsed and some will find the slightest niggle to be a reason not to play.

No neither would I but we are better with him in the side and we need all the help we can get.

Its more the irony that the one player who runs and runs and runs and runs ........actually has asthma.

I sort of agree, but the same people who came up with this idea also relegated the bottom 2 from the top flight. Surely it should be the same across all divisions

Yeah, totally agree, it's the only way it would work.

But I imagine it's only a matter of time before it resumes behind closed doors, and we'll have to get on with it.

Wonder how many will congregate on the "hill" up by Aston Hall when it resumes BCD. I remember watching the Spurs home game up there - the night of the great lockout (90's)

Easy enough solved, fine anyone in or around any ground £1000 unless they are meant to be there / are local.

Sorted!

Seriously has he said he has asthma ?

No.
Tinternet rumours based on Smith saying a few weeks back that a couple of players had underlying health issues and SJM not appearing in any training photos.

This is SJM we are talking about though.

SJM is the Covid-19 vaccine. He will play.

This is what I've been going on about. Rough ride of not, with my talk about this being an industry. I said I'd heard 8 odd (I think it was, my memory as you know is a troubled thing) but..........

Huddersfield owner Phil Hodgkinson warns '50 or 60 clubs' could go bust

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52790371

English football's pyramid will be destroyed unless the game starts to plan for the financial impact of Covid-19 beyond the 2019-20 season, says Huddersfield owner Phil Hodgkinson.

He says he is looking at a "worst-case scenario" of no fans allowed in stadiums for the 2020-21 season.

"The problem is not whether we finish [this] season or not, it is what happens after that," he told BBC Sport.

So I think those that still don't get where I am coming from, might now. This isn't about millionaire footballers at the top of the pyramid, it is about staff, and those further down the pecking order.

Match day revenue and associated income will be able to be swallowed in large parts by all Prem clubs. There are clubs in the Champ who will heavily notice that loss though, and L1/2 clubs even more so.

That bad winter we had 2/3yrs back - from memory with games postponed, 2-5 clubs (L1/2) were almost up ****creek and on the verge of folding once 3 games had been chalked off owing to the state of pitches.

That's 3 games - imagine a season of no match day income.

WSL suspenders.

Oops . Sorry I mean 'suspended' with immediate effect.

I just can't get to used women being involved in football :rofl:
(Sarcasm alert)