What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 15 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

With all the talk of Thai green curry I had one last night, very nice too.

Late “healthy” breakfast this morning, poached eggs, mushrooms and avocado with toast lovingly prepared by my good lady. All set up for the rewind now

Had some banana ice cream I made for dessert. It's just frozen banana slices that I blended to be smooth then refroze. First time doing that... it's ok. Also did a small amount (still banana) with peanut butter blended in, which was more interesting.

That sounds good, was it purely banana or did you add any cream? I Quite fancy trying that with maybe a swirl of fudge sauce or fudge pieces

Bananas are a bit like covids for me - to be avoided!

Pork, onion, sage and apple meat-loaf tonight with cabbage, carrots, mash and gravy tonight. Going to need some fortification against these 50mph winds up here!
That meat loaf sounds good with the apple in it!

A bit late again reading this thread. Been at work all week. If you like sausages get yourself to the local Wragby butchers. I don't eat many of them - not good for my ripped physique - but his venison sausages are outstanding. Had some from a farm shop in Barnsley and they're not a patch. Next time I'm down I'll be buying a boat load for the freezer.
Can`t beat a decent sausage but there are plenty of average ones about.......utter shite.
Local butchers down here knocking out very good chorizo sausages plus pork and garlic and venison and wild boar.I know I am staring death in the face eating red meat but I see it as a calculated risk.

Best story about sausages was from the Lincoln sausage festival held in the grounds of the castle, about a year ago. Walked up the hill to check out the action one Saturday morning only to find a group of protesters holding banners outside the event, one of the banners was in full colour and was a photograph of a plate full of bangers,the headline on his banner was ( with an arrow pointed to the bangers)
"This is what cancer looks like.".......burst my sides and rang my missus

Last edited:
Mrs R made chicken tray bake tonight.
Chicken with red onions, garlic, black olives, artichokes, new potatoes, cherry tomatoes, lemon and basil. Quick, easy and to my taste.

Did you save a small portion for DC in case you or your missus meet him down your local deli?

With all the talk of Thai green curry I had one last night, very nice too.

Late “healthy” breakfast this morning, poached eggs, mushrooms and avocado with toast lovingly prepared by my good lady. All set up for the rewind now
Two or three hours to kill on the treadmill before the rewind and then half an hour on the dumbbells should work that brekkie off.

Did you save a small portion for DC in case you or your missus meet him down your local deli?
Hahaha no chance. Nothing against DC but I very rarely leave anything to eat.
My stomach is like the Tardis, it appears to be much bigger on the inside than I am on the outside.
Or maybe I'm just greedy?

Back on to last night`s humble fare at 1 Riverside.
it was a fupping mismatch of stuff.......but decent...........dog got shag all off my plate!

Started with saag aloo,previously made but really well spiced.

Next homemade bread and smoked salmon,heavily smoked my style(Lidl) vfm

Main:Balti mixed vegetables (courgette,aubergine,peas,carrots,potatoes) freshly made and served with a grilled slice of sirloin steak.
Lastly ice cream................worms were fast a kip by 9pm

Forgot the wine: domaine la soumade Rasteau 2017,Rhone 80% grenache.......very easy drinking and quality red.

Last edited:
Change of plan! Mrs Notty has taken over cooking duties today and is doing something that sounds completely mental: sausage meat, onion and kale hash.
Sounds good. Just got into eating kale. I don't like cabbage or cauliflour but I like broccoli, so kale fits the bill.
Avocado and poached egg on home made sourdough toast for lunch. Yuppy food I know but it's healthy so I don't mind.

Change of plan! Mrs Notty has taken over cooking duties today and is doing something that sounds completely mental: sausage meat, onion and kale hash.

With this change in the weather it`s probably the right dinner.Windy but dry and sunny atm down here.
That kale is serious roughage,you might need to nip down the supermarket for a few extra bog rolls.

Thanks for the link, I’ll try it, just got to find a suitable blender out. I think the one we use for soup may be too big
No worries. I used my tiny hinari genie blender which is meant for doing single drink-type amounts and it did struggle. Bigger might be better!

Ah, so you're the reason my 3yo sourdough starter will die off in about 3 weeks when I've no flour left to feed it? :LOL:
Trying to find wholemeal flour up here is like trying to find rocking horse shit.

I did hear that some supermarket in house bakeries have been bagging up smaller quantities to sell from the large wholesale bags that they use. Apparently there isn’t a flour shortage per se, it’s just the fact that there’s limited capacity to increase production on the retail size packs and of course the increase in demand of those

Mr Hither is getting me to cook slow cooked stuff, with the excuse 'well, you've got more time with not commuting and they're lovely'

Fish pie, lamb shanks in red wine, tagine and beef rendang later, I admit he has a point.......

Yep, we use teh slow cooker quite often. Absolutely love it for chillis, curries, stews, etc.