So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 127 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

It's wrong- no doubt about it.
However it's a pity the BBC didn't cream themselves anywhere near as much about Stephen Kinnock doing exactly the same at the height of the outbreak 🤔

Showing symptoms, possibly infected, taking child (long distance) to stay with elderly parents .......

No symptoms, taking food (long distance) to give to elderly parents.......

What Kinnock did was wrong .................... but "exactly" the same?

You can just admit that your fave Goebbels impersonator got it wrong you know?

Think you should reflect on that comment immediately....it does you no favours at all. Whatever you think of the chap to liken him to a mass murderer is IMO disgraceful. This from someone who demands an apology at the merest hint of racism.

It's rank bad mate.

Think you should reflect on that comment immediately....it does you no favours at all. Whatever you think of the chap to liken him to a mass murderer is IMO disgraceful. This from someone who demands an apology at the merest hint of racism.

It's rank bad mate.
Who are you getting offended on behalf of?

EDIT: Thought my post was very obviously hyperbolic and not meant to be taken literally.

You can just admit that your fave Goebbels impersonator got it wrong you know?
Good thread this, let's not spoil it with bad taste comments comparing people to mass murdering nazi's! Yes he was wrong and should resign but the nazi comparisons aren't necessary!

:please:

He should have been self isolating. Even if he or his wife didn't have it, Johnson did, and he'd been in Johnson's company.

If he needed assistance with childcare, then it certainly wasn't right to engage his (70yo+) parents to do that.

Whether or not he stayed in a separate building at his parents' property is irrelevant. He took his child, who had been exposed to his own/his wife's infection/symptoms, and then exposed his parents to potential infection (either directly, or indirectly, through his child).

Maybe what he did had the blessing of his parents. Maybe he had no other option. Maybe no further infection has resulted from his little trip .......... but he broke the guidelines (as they were at the time), and yes, it was wrong.

Should he resign? Based on the precedent of Calderwood and Ferguson, I suppose the answer is "yes" .................. but in reality, it will be up to his conscience ........ so he probably won't ................. and there's no way on earth Johnson is going to sack him.

Taking back control.

Edit - just reading this morning that his sister might have been at his parents' house also, and it was her who was looking after his kid (as reported by Kuenssberg). How convenient. It's frankly quite pathetic that since the story broke, all we've heard from are "sources", If it's all so innocent, why not just clear things up?

As per, woke up today and predictably the left have whipped themselves up into a frothing state of hysteria over a non story. This happened two months ago. Was dealt with appropriately by the authorities at the time with nothing more than words of advice. Yet two left wing rags felt it worthy of a joint investigation and front page news. Not the first time his taken the main headline in recent weeks over nothing in particularly. He’s clearly got under their skin. Whether it he was a key player in securing a leave vote; getting Boris elected PM; his his skills to actually navigate us out of the EU or securing a huge majority fit Boris at the election it’s difficult to know. Perhaps it’s all four.

His actions were hardly comparable to calderwood (taking her family repeatedly on holiday) or Ferguson (having his married lover for a spot of hows your father). He made provisions for his children to be cared for should he or his wife be unable to due to this illness. A C so eloquently put, he doesn’t give a flying fuck about his childcare, so it’s entirely appropriate that the person responsible for it does. Perhaps that caring side of his nature doesn’t fit with the narrative the perennial losers like to portray of him. Either way his actions were within the guidelines and fell within the exceptional circumstances as outlined by the Deputy Medical Officer months ago.

So as you identified, he won’t resign and he won’t be sacked. He’s still in full control.

Good thread this, let's not spoil it with bad taste comments comparing people to mass murdering nazi's! Yes he was wrong and should resign but the nazi comparisons aren't necessary!
It wasn't a direct comparison. Goebbels' early career is very similar to Dominic Cummings in his rise to the top of the Tory party without being elected.

Some of his strategies in getting a known eugenicist into the civil service and encouraging other oddballs to join him.

In addition to the huge propaganda machine he created in order to sway public opinion around 2016. Including some pretty abhorrent rhetoric similar to 1930s Germany.

I won't drag on, but there are similarities there. I won't mention nazi's again and it was hyperbolic, because I knew MiW could take it.

There is absolutely no difference from linking Corbyn to Stalin or Pol Pot (as I have seen here before numerous times, very flippantly) as there is with linking Cummings to Goebbels.

Almost trumpesque deflection tactics. I know your political blue tinted specs won't let you accept it but he was 100% wrong doing what he did and you are trying, and desperately failing, to defend the indefensible.

Perhaps it’s your red tinted ones that are affecting your ability to interpret guidance. As for the deflection just pointing out that the labour leader has been sending his kids to school whilst his MPs and labour supporting unions are in meltdown about schools returning and providing children an education. Not a ducky bird on the Gonad though, guess it doesn’t fit their narrative to highlight this contradiction given they want to keep them shut. Perhaps he could jump down off his fence on this and offer an opinion.

It wasn't a direct comparison. Goebbels' early career is very similar to Dominic Cummings in his rise to the top of the Tory party without being elected.

Some of his strategies in getting a known eugenicist into the civil service and encouraging other oddballs to join him.

In addition to the huge propaganda machine he created in order to sway public opinion around 2016. Including some pretty abhorrent rhetoric similar to 1930s Germany.

I won't drag on, but there are similarities there. I won't mention nazi's again and it was hyperbolic, because I knew MiW could take it.

There is absolutely no difference from linking Corbyn to Stalin or Pol Pot (as I have seen here before numerous times, very flippantly) as there is with linking Cummings to Goebbels.

Take some advice. When in a hole lad, stop digging. Or find the delete button.

It appears I was wrong. He was spoken to and given words of advice by the Police after all!

A No 10 spokesman said: "Owing to his wife being infected with suspected Coronavirus and the high likelihood that he would himself become unwell, it was essential for Dominic Cummings to ensure his young child could be properly cared for.

"His sister and nieces had volunteered to help so he went to a house near to but separate from his extended family in case their help was needed. His sister shopped for the family and left everything outside.

"At no stage was he or his family spoken to by the police about this matter, as is being reported. His actions were in line with coronavirus guidelines. Mr Cummings believes he behaved reasonably and legally."

Perhaps it’s your red tinted ones that are affecting your ability to interpret guidance. As for the deflection just pointing out that the labour leader has been sending his kids to school whilst his MPs and labour supporting unions are in meltdown about schools returning and providing children an education. Not a ducky bird on the Gonad though, guess it doesn’t fit their narrative to highlight this contradiction given they want to keep them shut. Perhaps he could jump down off his fence on this and offer an opinion.

I haven't voted Labour for probably 20 years and voted Tory last year. No specs of any sort here. Just 20-20 vision. The labour party leader is equally in the wrong. But you don't treat both equally. We both know that if a leading Labour or Liberal politician had made a 500 mile round trip while showing Covid symptoms and left his kids with 2 people in the vulnerable category then the rest of the press would have been straight on it and you would have stuck the boot in with glee.

It's plain wrong. Whether it's me, you, a binman from down the road, a teacher, a labour politician or a conservative politician.

MiW, the guidance at the time was no travel, full stop. The easing on childcare was only done after (maybe because of?) this.

I haven't voted Labour for probably 20 years and voted Tory last year. No specs of any sort here. Just 20-20 vision. The labour party leader is equally in the wrong. But you don't treat both equally. We both know that if a leading Labour or Liberal politician had made a 500 mile round trip while showing Covid symptoms and left his kids with 2 people in the vulnerable category then the rest of the press would have been straight on it and you would have stuck the bit in with glee.

It's plain wrong. Whether it's me, you, a binman from down the road, a teacher, a labour politician or a conservative politician.

So much wrong with this.

Firstly the Labour leader isn’t in the wrong. His wife is a key worker (whether she was actually working is a matter to be established) so his children were eligible to be at school.

Secondly DC he never left his kids with vulnerable parents. They stayed with him. He was in a separate house near his sister who would have stepped in if necessary to provide the childcare. She did his shopping and left it on the doorstep.

Thirdly, his actions fell within the guidelines in any case.

It’s a non story by the left wing press to try and depose someone that keeps destroying their dreams. Sadly their gullible followers are now like drooling dogs over a piece of meat. Very sad when you think about it.

The interesting bit of the story will be the emphatic denial that Cummings (or any of his family) was spoken to by Durham police.

Last night, Kuenssberg (who seemed to be acting as Press Sec for Cummings !) tweeted the following ....

Durham Police confirms they spoke to owners of house where ‘an individual’ was staying who had travelled from London to Durham

Either Cummings (or No 10) is lying, or, they're accusing the Durham police of lying .............. or, I suppose, Kuenssberg screwed up her story.

Permitted for childcare.
No, not at that time it wasn't. The childcare relaxation came in after Cummings' trip.