Summer Transfer Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

We are being linked with Bruno Paz of that there Sporting Lisbon parish; definitely not to be confused with the Drug addled Paz who also hangs out on the Iberian peninsular.

The word on the street is that this Snoop Dog lookalike plays in Central Midfield, likes to get stuck in and is a very good passer of the ball.

If there is any truth in the rumour, he could be competition/replacement for Mr Sow.

We are being linked with Bruno Paz of that there Sporting Lisbon parish; definitely not to be confused with the Drug addled Paz who also hangs out on the Iberian peninsular.

The word on the street is that this Snoop Dog lookalike plays in Central Midfield, likes to get stuck in and is a very good passer of the ball.

If there is any truth in the rumour, he could be competition/replacement for Mr Sow.

youre a true deluded sheep, should be a rams fan

Ridiculous when you could probably get Grant for that

Whilst Grant is proven in this league and younger, his record is nothing compared to Diagne who has scored more at arguably higher levels than the Champ. Whether Diagne would be prepared to come to the Champ remains to be seen, but if he could compare here and adapt, he would absolutely tear this league a new arsehole.

He's scored 42 in 49 in the Turkish PL and 14 in 28 in the Belgian PL, which both have to beat least Champ standard overall.

Grant has scored 16 in this league this season and a creditable 4 in 13 in the PL.

The only things that would be making him the same price are his age and the fact that he's English.

I do think either would do well here though.

Last edited:
This 13m being quoted; is it Turkish Lira because it certainly is not Pounds.

Diagne does not have the pleasure of being represented by everyone's favourite super Agent

Whilst Grant is proven in this league and younger, his record is nothing compared to Diagne who has scored more at arguably higher levels than the Champ. Whether Diagne would be prepared to come to the Champ remains to be seen, but if he could compare here and adapt, he would absolutely tear this league a new arsehole.

He's scored 42 in 49 in the Turkish PL and 14 in 28 in the Belgian PL, which both have to beat least Champ standard overall.

Grant has scored 16 in this league this season and a creditable 4 in 13 in the PL.

The only things that would be making him the same price are his age and the fact that he's English.
Diagne is a very good player, there is little question of that. Whether he will adapt to or be arsed at our level is always going to be a question mark, but it is a signing of a quality beyond what we have been linked with in the last few years. He possibly passes the first element of the Grabban test.

But he is 28, and will be very nearly 29 before he plays any football with us. £13m is a hell of a lot of money; far more than I was expecting us to be able to spend in total, let alone on one player.

If we have that kind of money, we won't have it for long. I would rather it be invested in Grant, where we have a chance at an equal return of goals but a vastly greater chance of getting a financial return.

Grant is 22 and has 16 in 33. Is Diagne going to beat that goalscoring rate? Unlikely. He might match it and will be a great signing if he beats it. But Grant is at that level, in our division, in a shit, cheating, clogger side at 22.

If it's £13m for either player I would take Grant, who not only already can do it in this division and needs no cultural adjustment but has the chance of getting better and better, which is unlikely with Diagne.

That's not to disparage Diagne as a player or signing, but he would be another gamble on the PL while Grant would be a smart financial investment as well as a potentially great striker.

Diagne is a very good player, there is little question of that. Whether he will adapt to or be arsed at our level is always going to be a question mark, but it is a signing of a quality beyond what we have been linked with in the last few years. He possibly passes the first element of the Grabban test.

But he is 28, and will be very nearly 29 before he plays any football with us. £13m is a hell of a lot of money; far more than I was expecting us to be able to spend in total, let alone on one player.

If we have that kind of money, we won't have it for long. I would rather it be invested in Grant, where we have a chance at an equal return of goals but a vastly greater chance of getting a financial return.

Grant is 22 and has 16 in 33. Is Diagne going to beat that goalscoring rate? Unlikely. He might match it and will be a great signing if he beats it. But Grant is at that level, in our division, in a shit, cheating, clogger side at 22.

If it's £13m for either player I would take Grant, who not only already can do it in this division and needs no cultural adjustment but has the chance of getting better and better, which is unlikely with Diagne.

That's not to disparage Diagne as a player or signing, but he would be another gamble on the PL while Grant would be a smart financial investment as well as a potentially great striker.

There is a slight question mark as to if Grant would be as suitable in our system as he is less of a target than Diagne or Grabban (for that matter) but he does seem to drop deep and wide as Grabban does, so maybe he might be more suitable in a side playing two DMs with wingers of erratic crossing than Diagne who whilst having some pace and skill seems to be more of a threat from crosses?

I reckon Grant could score 20+ with us, but reckon Diagne could score 25-30 in this league although perhaps not with us.

There is a slight question mark as to if Grant would be as suitable in our system as he is less of a target than Diagne or Grabban (for that matter) but he does seem to drop deep and wide as Grabban does, so maybe he might be more suitable in a side playing two DMs with wingers of erratic crossing than Diagne who whilst having some pace and skill seems to be more of a threat from crosses?

I reckon Grant could score 20+ with us, but reckon Diagne could score 25-30 in this league although perhaps not with us.
Very fair points, but If you were going to buy someone like Grant, you build the side around him like we did Collymore. We need to adapt and change the way we play over time anyway

The only teams competing in next years Championship who will be able to afford 13m on a single player will be the ones with the parachute money, certainly not us, unless we offload Cash and Worrall for serious money.

Even if we do get the topside of 20m from sales, for instance, we would be mad to spend it all on one player.

Having said that, there is no way Diagne is going to attract a bid of that magnitude; I am not certain Grant would either in the current climate.

I would prefer Grant of the two as he offers the flexibility of being able to play down the middle or in a wider position, has a very good work ethic and knows where the net is.

If Huddersfield do have to sell, which is highly likely, I reckon we should be able to pick him up for a reasonable price - tranfermarkt have him marked up at 5.85m - not sure if that is a reliable guide

Very fair points, but If you were going to buy someone like Grant, you build the side around him like we did Collymore. We need to adapt and change the way we play over time anyway

I think we may have to adapt more for Diagne. Grant might be better as part of a front 2 bit he seems willing to move in to other areas to press the ball, which Diagne seems less inclined to do. We just need to get our midfielders in dangerous areas more for the likes of Grant (or Grabban) or put better balls in to the box for someone like Diagne.

The only teams competing in next years Championship who will be able to afford 13m on a single player will be the ones with the parachute money, certainly not us, unless we offload Cash and Worrall for serious money.

Even if we do get the topside of 20m from sales, for instance, we would be mad to spend it all on one player.

Having said that, there is no way Diagne is going to attract a bid of that magnitude; I am not certain Grant would either in the current climate.

I would prefer Grant of the two as he offers the flexibility of being able to play down the middle or in a wider position, has a very good work ethic and knows where the net is.

If Huddersfield do have to sell, which is highly likely, I reckon we should be able to pick him up for a reasonable price - tranfermarkt have him marked up at 5.85m - not sure if that is a reliable guide

I think if a club is not actively looking to sell, then doubling the Transfermarkt price seems to be a decent guide.

I think if a club is not actively looking to sell, then doubling the Transfermarkt price seems to be a decent guide.

Clubs under financial stress tend not to get their asking price regardless of whether they want to sell or not.

The happenings of the last three Months is going to have a massive bearing on transfer prices; player values will plummet, as will wages, particularly at our level.