#COVID19 | Page 305 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Also let's not forget the Tories were found in contempt of parliament.
Corbyn had many faults.
People forget how Ed Miliband was also fighting against the media & others in his own party. Divide and conquer tactic by the Tories is lethal. And the left need to get wise to it.

The parameters were changed by Murdoch and Blair

The orchestrated shift to the right has won

And apparently it's our fault. I knew I shouldn't of voted for every Labour leader since voting for Blair.
And you know what, I will be voting for Starmer as well.

You mean like those people who voted in numbers for the policies over some kind of reality TV programme popularity contest

I get ya

But fundamentally disagree with you

Good skillz

I'm sure those who have more in common with you will back the Labour party more than those who you alienated and then by osmosis gave another 5 years to these ghouls
Own it
Good skillzzzx
Did they? I seem to remember it being a landslide for the Tories. I also seem to remember Labour policies being disjointed at best but hey ho...

Alienated? Who am I supposed to have alienated? And how? For your information I voted labour regardless of thinking Corbyn was unelectable. Sorry if that doesn’t fit with your conspiracies or persecution complex. Try ‘owning it’ yourself.

Last edited:
And from what I remember (I might be wrong) he was talking about planning for a return. Which absolutely should be happening in every school, firm, shop, factory, institutuon, etc.

except that plans are made around facts but not many facts being used.

whats with the mask debate? virus transmitted via the mouth and theres a debate about whether masks lower the infection rate? i mean seriously wtf???

The fact it lives on the floor, wall, bench, grass etc is exasperation of the madness.

No matter which way you look at the tories, they have made the wrong decision 10 times and the right one zero times. Thats genuine.

The scientists chosen have been embarassing.

Oh, did usa pharma just get into the nhs i just notice. so predictable.

Over 60 countries apparently were ready to sign non profit open source virus agreements. 3 countries dissaproved it. The same 3 I spoke about last month; USA, UK n Switzerland. Evil.
Oxford have recieved over 100m quid so far and its failed every test!

except that plans are made around facts but not many facts being used.

whats with the mask debate? virus transmitted via the mouth and theres a debate about whether masks lower the infection rate? i mean seriously wtf???

The fact it lives on the floor, wall, bench, grass etc is exasperation of the madness.

No matter which way you look at the tories, they have made the wrong decision 10 times and the right one zero times. Thats genuine.

The scientists chosen have been embarassing.

Oh, did usa pharma just get into the nhs i just notice. so predictable.

Over 60 countries apparently were ready to sign non profit open source virus agreements. 3 countries dissaproved it. The same 3 I spoke about last month; USA, UK n Switzerland. Evil.
Oxford have recieved over 100m quid so far and its failed every test!

Ignore the mask debaters

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...have-prevented-three-quarters-uk-coronavirus/

As I said at the time, gambling on hitting the initial rise of an exponential slope is so sensitive to known errors it is virtually impossible. The UK government did not take a cautious approach, went out on a limb to save us from an extra week of lockdown because they thought we would get bored with it. They probably also thought it would save a week's worth of damaged economy. Well the result of that ill-conceived gamble is a far greater economic cost. We will be locked down / restricted for much longer and can use that time to mourn many thousands of unnecessary deaths.

What are the risks to children of remaining home in abusive situations or those that rely upon schools for one decent meal a day?
We probably do have an accurate idea of this risk/cost.
What we don't yet know is the risk of reopening schools. These data should start rolling in soon as we watch other countries around the world return to school.

Horrible decisions to make but nobody can yet say which is worse when we only have one of the two things we need to compare.

What are the risks to children of remaining home in abusive situations or those that rely upon schools for one decent meal a day?
I understand this more than most.
All while this all kicked off social workers have carried on visiting and protecting children.
While those children that are known to the local authority are attending schools. Also those children have been getting food vouchers. Yes I do know the importance of children being at school.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...have-prevented-three-quarters-uk-coronavirus/

As I said at the time, gambling on hitting the initial rise of an exponential slope is so sensitive to known errors it is virtually impossible. The UK government did not take a cautious approach, went out on a limb to save us from an extra week of lockdown because they thought we would get bored with it. They probably also thought it would save a week's worth of damaged economy. Well the result of that ill-conceived gamble is a far greater economic cost. We will be locked down / restricted for much longer and can use that time to mourn many thousands of unnecessary deaths.

Stop linking to Paywalls!

I understand this more than most.
All while this all kicked off social workers have carried on visiting and protecting children.
While those children that are known to the local authority are attending schools. Also those children have been getting food vouchers. Yes I do know the importance of children being at school.

I wasn't meaning to suggest you didn't but there are some very difficult decisions to be made. Whichever is chosen will result in death and suffering.

This is as much as I can read of it too:

Earlier lockdown could have prevented three-quarters of UK coronavirus deaths, modelling suggests

Researchers say that if the UK had imposed lockdown seven days earlier, its death toll would be on a par with 8,000 in Germany

ByLaura Donnelly, HEALTH EDITOR20 May 2020 • 2:47pm

200520_HK_lockdown_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqSZCfQn3UNBPwFTCNOaG4IelS64mSNPESJC2oDVKqy_s.jpgimwidth=480

Three-quarters of coronavirus deaths in Britain might have been avoided if the lockdown had begun a week earlier, modelling suggests.
Researchers said that if the UK had imposed the measures seven days earlier its death toll now would be on a par with the 8,000 in Germany.
They also said it would have been possible to have a shorter and less economically damaging lockdown.
Britain introduced its lockdown measures on March 23, when 359 deaths had been reported. Germany took such steps on the same day, but had reported only 86 fatalities at that time.
The UK's death toll has now exceeded 35,000 people.
Modelling from British scientist James Annan suggests that entering lockdown a week earlier would have reduced the number of deaths by three-quarters....

We probably do have an accurate idea of this risk/cost.
What we don't yet know is the risk of reopening schools. These data should start rolling in soon as we watch other countries around the world return to school.

Horrible decisions to make but nobody can yet say which is worse when we only have one of the two things we need to compare.

Our State public schools in NSW go back this coming Monday. The teachers don't appear to have been advised of enough constructive ideas regarding space etc and it all seems to be a bit of an unknown. What we do know, or think we know, is that the chances of catching the virus from a youngster is a bit remote.
CPs post regarding the possibility of a child being home in an abusive situation is worth considering, a father off work and on the dole and probably with very little to do and not being much of a parent in the first place doesn't bear thinking about.
The one thing that does seem to be definite is that in general kids are happier at school than at home in these circumstances.
We'll know more in a week or two.

Seems this work was done by Annan, a climate modeller by trade.

All free VVV

https://bskiesresearch.wordpress.com/2020/05/12/the-human-cost-of-delaying-lockdown/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/19/uk-government-pandemic
"The climate modeller James Annan has used his analytical methods to show what would have happened if the UK government had imposed its lockdown a week earlier. Starting it on 16 March, rather than 23 March, his modelling suggests, would by now have saved around 30,000 lives, reducing the rate of illness and death from coronavirus roughly by a factor of five. "

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20065227v1

This is as much as I can read of it too:

Earlier lockdown could have prevented three-quarters of UK coronavirus deaths, modelling suggests

Researchers say that if the UK had imposed lockdown seven days earlier, its death toll would be on a par with 8,000 in Germany

ByLaura Donnelly, HEALTH EDITOR20 May 2020 • 2:47pm

200520_HK_lockdown_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqSZCfQn3UNBPwFTCNOaG4IelS64mSNPESJC2oDVKqy_s.jpgimwidth=480

Three-quarters of coronavirus deaths in Britain might have been avoided if the lockdown had begun a week earlier, modelling suggests.
Researchers said that if the UK had imposed the measures seven days earlier its death toll now would be on a par with the 8,000 in Germany.
They also said it would have been possible to have a shorter and less economically damaging lockdown.
Britain introduced its lockdown measures on March 23, when 359 deaths had been reported. Germany took such steps on the same day, but had reported only 86 fatalities at that time.
The UK's death toll has now exceeded 35,000 people.
Modelling from British scientist James Annan suggests that entering lockdown a week earlier would have reduced the number of deaths by three-quarters....

This is the rest:

Mr Annan, from Blueskiesresearch.org.uk, said an earlier lockdown would have been shorter and had less economic impact.
In a related blog, he wrote: "Implementing the lockdown one week earlier would have saved about 30,000 lives in the current wave (based on official numbers, which are themselves a substantial underestimate).
"It would also have made for a shorter, cheaper, less damaging lockdown in economic terms."
Modellers said the calculations showed that even small changes in the timing of interventions could make a significant difference.
Dr Kit Yates, senior lecturer in mathematical biology at the University of Bath, said: "In the early stages of an epidemic, the number of cases is growing exponentially. This means even a small change in the rate of spread or in the timing of interventions can make a big difference a short period of time down the line.
"It is clear that, had we locked down sooner, we would have reduced the spread earlier, limiting the number of cases and consequently the number of deaths.
"The other benefit of locking down earlier would have been bringing cases under control sooner and potentially allowing the release of lockdown sooner."
The modelling was revealed on Radio 4's More or Less programme, which highlighted differences in the testing regimes used by different countries earlier in the epidemic, with Germany carrying out 50,000 tests daily at a time when the UK could not even achieve that weekly.
As a result, at the point both countries entered lockdown, Germany had identified around 27,000 cases, when the UK had confirmed just 9,000, researchers said.

Thanks.

In some ways, as people started dying, we knew it was here and spreading so we could have piggybacked off other countries' data to some extent. Made any sensible adjustments as required.

But they think we're exceptional, of course. That's why our track and trace system will apparently be "world-beating". Take that Johnny Foreigner!