Knife crime epidemic | Page 4 | Vital Football

Knife crime epidemic

When I was a kid , my mum used to tell me that people were all the same under their skin , that was (and still is)the narrative.
When facts or science says otherwise it becomes a very taboo subject, probably the most taboo subject there is.

Its not taboo at all, if you have some opinion from the eugenics movement then say so. Whats your opinion when it is white poor kids - bad genes from an underclass (untermenschen volk) I suppose. Search your feelings young skywalker.

Agreed Whitstable, I've been waiting to get time to post as I knew it would be a long one but you've covered just about everything I wanted to say.
All I would add is that in the more poverty stricken areas there seems to be a lack of positive role models. I don't know why (something cultural??) but in a very high percentage of young black lads that have got into trouble with gangs, there has been no father around or a father who also leads a dubious lifestyle. The absent fathers also tend to have children with other women and don't appear to pay much interest in their kids.
This isn't a sweeping racial slur, just an observation based on my own experience (although some years old now) and would add to what Whitstable has said about considering their gang as a family as the gang leaders are looked up to as father figures and someone to learn from until they become leaders themselves.
What is interesting is that the number if over 18yo gang members now outnumber those under 18 so maybe the cycle us being broken?
We can only hope.
My brother is married to a lady who is black from a lovely family. Because of that and the way he gets involved in youth clubs and he ran a football team for many years .About half black and half white he won the respect of many.
I remember his stag do in a pub in Dalston (Stoke newington area of north London)not the easiest area on the face of it.We never got near the bar and drinks were flowing both bought by friends and people just in the pub .There was only about four or five of us whites that had the guts to turn up.But it was a great night. Definitely would not do it today without my little brother being there that's for sure.

My brother is married to a lady who is black from a lovely family. Because of that and the way he gets involved in youth clubs and he ran a football team for many years .About half black and half white he won the respect of many.
I remember his stag do in a pub in Dalston (Stoke newington area of north London)not the easiest area on the face of it.We never got near the bar and drinks were flowing both bought by friends and people just in the pub .There was only about four or five of us whites that had the guts to turn up.But it was a great night. Definitely would not do it today without my little brother being there that's for sure.

in Stokie/ Dalston these days you would be up to your neck in hipsters.

I'd much rather go there back in the day with you and your brother!!!

My old man in the mid fifties had a pub in the East End, mother couldn't stand the violence and moved back to Blackpool, the gangs, the teddy boys would have pitched battles and on Fridays and Saturday nights the police from Leman street police station had plenty to occupy their time with more pitched battles regularly around Bethnel Green.
It wasn't just London, Glasgow in particular was heavily into knife crime as were the other major cities in the UK.
Knife crime I read doubled in the sixties, the decade witnessed the biggest increase in the 20th century, however the same decade had low unemployment and was described as a period when we never had it so good.
The media made little of crime as such, they were more interested in the Cold War, the skirmishes the UK were involved in overseas, Russia and America and any gossip involving the royals.
Whitstable , you are correct on the use of cut throat razors in Glasgow. When i was younger i read a well known book called One Mean City which was based on the "Billy Boys " and their rivals the " Norman Conks"during the early 20s. Also their is another one based on Manchester and Salford gangs known as the " Scuttlers" during the late 1800s. So not a modern thing , but seems to be more of a problem in inner city areas.

Whitstable , you are correct on the use of cut throat razors in Glasgow. When i was younger i read a well known book called One Mean City which was based on the "Billy Boys " and their rivals the " Norman Conks"during the early 20s. Also their is another one based on Manchester and Salford gangs known as the " Scuttlers" during the late 1800s. So not a modern thing , but seems to be more of a problem in inner city areas.

Poor underclasses - shocked lol.

It's nothing to do with the old fashioned British gangs of the past. Those days are well over. This is different , imported from countries that value life differently to what most of us would.
London isn't the 'good old days' of the Krays etc , it's Albanians , Turks , Yardies , Bangladeshi (and a host of other) gangs running it all.
Diversity is our strength , and all that.

It's nothing to do with the old fashioned British gangs of the past. Those days are well over. This is different , imported from countries that value life differently to what most of us would.
London isn't the 'good old days' of the Krays etc , it's Albanians , Turks , Yardies , Bangladeshi (and a host of other) gangs running it all.

Are you saying that the street gangs in London, Glasgow etc did not behave in the same way? Do you think it was safer in Victorian Britain?

Are you saying that the street gangs in London, Glasgow etc did not behave in the same way? Do you think it was safer in Victorian Britain?

Must have been with so few Muslamics and illegals...

Plus we ruled the world back then. Would have been a marvellous time for a 'patriot' to be alive. You were born in the wrong century, val!

No-go areas for normal folk doesn't bode well for the future , whatever way you look at it.

If you are really concerned about things like that you should refrain from peddling divisive hatred.

Instead you should focus your energies on trying to unite communities so that 'normal folk' from both Muslim and non-Muslim communities can join forces to tackle Islamism together.

If you are really concerned about things like that you should refrain from peddling divisive hatred.

Instead you should focus your energies on trying to unite communities so that 'normal folk' from both Muslim and non-Muslim communities can join forces to tackle Islamism together.

I thought this thread was about knife crime , not Islam ?

I thought this thread was about knife crime , not Islam ?

Oh, ok, sorry. I think I must have misunderstood you.

Ultimately you're right about no-go areas being a bad thing, whether that be due to gang culture or religious or political extremism.

hmm somehow i doubt if the good old british gangs valued like differently. after the krays were imprisoned for murder. although i wonder what the true figure was, if you listen to the rumours regarding hammersmith flyover it could be a few. also judging by the reports from the spanish costas the british gangs seem o be fighting a turf was using assault rifles and sub machine guns.

hmm somehow i doubt if the good old british gangs valued like differently. after the krays were imprisoned for murder. although i wonder what the true figure was, if you listen to the rumours regarding hammersmith flyover it could be a few. also judging by the reports from the spanish costas the british gangs seem o be fighting a turf was using assault rifles and sub machine guns.
I must have it all wrong then ....

The level of violence meted out by criminals, in particular those involved in organised crime, upon other criminals is more acute these days than ever it was in the last few generations. Same goes for the levels of corruption, intimidation and criminals` indifference to law enforcement. Thing is, much of this "situation" rumbles on beneath the surface of what the MSM report. It`s only from time to time, when innocent bystanders/third parties become involved, that we tend to hear about it. The Krays etc were a nasty bunch but many of that ilk courted reputation and were narcissistic - which is why we all know about them. Contemporary crime bosses prefer to be in the shadows.

The level of violence meted out by criminals, in particular those involved in organised crime, upon other criminals is more acute these days than ever it was in the last few generations. Same goes for the levels of corruption, intimidation and criminals` indifference to law enforcement. Thing is, much of this "situation" rumbles on beneath the surface of what the MSM report. It`s only from time to time, when innocent bystanders/third parties become involved, that we tend to hear about it. The Krays etc were a nasty bunch but many of that ilk courted reputation and were narcissistic - which is why we all know about them. Contemporary crime bosses prefer to be in the shadows.

The NCA knows exactly who and where they are.
The conundrum to solve is when they remove a big player, ten more potential big players come on the scene and the level of violence can be horrific.

A massive operation up north recently led to dozens of arrests and convictions but made little difference to the drug supply.
It took about one day for the supply to resume.

Today’s situation is quite different to the old gangs of London

Not quite, they have one thing in common and the o/p referred to it as Knife crime, gangs of the PAST and PRESENT use violence and intimidation, however some things have changed, protection was the main occupation of the gangs decades ago now the main focus is on drugs.
Territory plays an important part now just as it did years ago, moving into another gangs area ends in trouble, some things just haven't changed.

The NCA knows exactly who and where they are. The conundrum to solve is when they remove a big player, ten more potential big players come on the scene and the level of violence can be horrific.

The poor level of HMG backed resource applied means that organisations like NCA have little chance of making adequate inroad into Organised Crime (O.C.). They manage to do enough to fuel positive headlines in MSM, keeping up the appearance that everything is fine and dandy. It`s not all about drugs at the higher end of O.C., there`s a lot of more sophisticated activity involved in contemporary O.C.

Not quite, they have one thing in common and the o/p referred to it as Knife crime, gangs of the PAST and PRESENT use violence and intimidation, however some things have changed, protection was the main occupation of the gangs decades ago now the main focus is on drugs.
Territory plays an important part now just as it did years ago, moving into another gangs area ends in trouble, some things just haven't changed.

At the lower level of organised crime street gangs can and do cause mayhem. Understandably, lower level street gangs attract a lot of publicity because they operate in an arena often tainted by fatal stabbings and this image is unsavoury for voters. A big difference between contemporary street gangs and those of a generation or two ago is the under-reported availability of illegal firearms. Lots of them in circulation these days - which is a bit of a worry.