Harry Redknapp | Vital Football

Harry Redknapp

The Imposter

Vital 1st Team Regular
Redknapp fancies a to return to football in the near future – but as an owner, not a manager, of a lower league club...
“I haven’t got the money to buy a big football club, that’s for sure, but I wouldn’t mind getting in at a low level, top-level for me would be Division One, maybe Division Two, maybe National League,” he told Sky Sports.

Any takers?

Anybody....?

Redknapp fancies a to return to football in the near future – but as an owner, not a manager, of a lower league club...
“I haven’t got the money to buy a big football club, that’s for sure, but I wouldn’t mind getting in at a low level, top-level for me would be Division One, maybe Division Two, maybe National League,” he told Sky Sports.

Any takers?

Anybody....?

I bet he doesn't let his manager spend the kind of money he used to spend in the transfer market...

Having watched England v Scotland from 96 this weekend and seeing Gareth Southgate play in midfield it's fair to say I'm not convinced about Venables haha.

Re: redknapp, seems like the least fiscally good idea ever him being an owner

Venables did fine with Barcelona? Don't think he spent a lot of money at QPR either?
Venables lived off what he did very early in his career at QPR for the remainder of it. Barcelona are a big money club by default and the Spanish League along with the likes of Scotland are a two horse race only. That is what makes Diego Simeone at Athletico Madrid different class to somebody like Venables. He spent a lot of dosh at Spurs signing players such as Gasgoigne and Lineker (in between diverting their cash to his restaurant business) also Middlesborough whilst inheriting a still very strong squad at Leeds. He gained a reputation for being more interested in his media and business lines rather than managing the clubs he was supposed to. I may be wrong but post Barcelona I believe he won the sum of 1 FA Cup with Spurs which like Redknapp is a very poor return for all the hype that surrounded him.

Venables lived off what he did very early in his career at QPR for the remainder of it. Barcelona are a big money club by default and the Spanish League along with the likes of Scotland are a two horse race only. That is what makes Diego Simeone at Athletico Madrid different class to somebody like Venables. He spent a lot of dosh at Spurs signing players such as Gasgoigne and Lineker (in between diverting their cash to his restaurant business) also Middlesborough whilst inheriting a still very strong squad at Leeds. He gained a reputation for being more interested in his media and business lines rather than managing the clubs he was supposed to. I may be wrong but post Barcelona I believe he won the sum of 1 FA Cup with Spurs which like Redknapp is a very poor return for all the hype that surrounded him.

I believe he replaced Diego Maradona (who he was forced to sell) with.. ahem Steve Archibald at Barcelona :)

Along with Venables the most over hyped managers in my lifetime. Couple of loud chancers very good at spending lots of money for relatively very poor returns.

I think you are being a Tad harsh on Venables if you take out his last 3 appointments which lasted less than a year each and were not great he had a win rate of 45% over 708 games managing Crystal Palace, QPR, Barcelona, Spurs, England and Australia that's not too shabby in managerial terms.

I think it's probably better to say that he had come to the end of his managerial days and should have retired after his international jobs.

I think you are being a Tad harsh on Venables if you take out his last 3 appointments which lasted less than a year each and were not great he had a win rate of 45% over 708 games managing Crystal Palace, QPR, Barcelona, Spurs, England and Australia that's not too shabby in managerial terms.

I think it's probably better to say that he had come to the end of his managerial days and should have retired after his international jobs.
I am persuaded he was not as over hyped or as profligate as Redknapp.

And in todays Sun, ( as seen on the BBC sports page) 'happy 'arry says his nephew, Frank 'Frankie' Lampard, turned down Ipswich 'cos the ain't got any dosh me old China, apples and pears, jelled eels ' etc etc.

In one of todays rags, Redknapp wanted by Nigeria as their next manager. Just wait for that email in your inbox from Prince 'arry, offering you an investment chance.