What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 9 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Last night was a case of leftovers meets more leftovers, still i suppose without any inspiration to others it still feeds the tapeworms some necessary nutrition in their prep for the impending covid 19 lads turning up in my guts.

starter was a small bowel of tuna rice and vegetables then moving on to the final portion of chilli con carne with penne.....more salad leaves.
beers again order of the day...Duvel/Leffe.
only point of interest was I opened a bottle from the wine rack to test.(just 2 glasses)
Mas Amiel/maury effectively a fortified Grenache,drinks like port (16.5%).Bought in France so probably half the advertised UK price.

Worms are due a decent nosh tonight,roast free range duck (Beech Ridge farm,Devon) and all the roast trimmings............weather down here overcast so will suit.........deserves a decent drop of glug.
......................................................off to peel some spuds.
wine notes link if interested.....vineyard won in a game of cards.
https://www.bancroftwines.com/mas-amiel/

Last edited:
Lamb cutlets with mint sauce, new potatoes, Yorkshire pud,peas and broccolI. Quick tea as we’ve been planting out some tubs in the garden today and then enjoyed a beer in the sunshine before we ate.
Lincoln Gold beer (from Lincolnshire Craft Beers of Barnetby). A pale bitter which combines lager and traditional ale malts with cascade hops resulting in a beer with fruity aroma, slightly zesty in flavour but manages to retain some of the malt characteristics....apparently. Very nice though ( local coop have it in)

With the weather forecast again proving inaccurate (was decent enough for a barbecue despite poor forecast) we reverted to indoor eating and had a hot chilli con carne with penne,salad leaves and homemade bread.
beer only Leffe and Duvel
small cheese course Gouda(aged) plus Gruyere.
strawberries and clotted cream ice cream.
keep safe and healthy

ps once this lockdown mullarky is over `i`m off to France sharpish for a change of scene increasing my wine stocks and bringing back a full range of French foods.

Sounds like your wine cellar has taken a proper bashing in this lockdown Devon

Finally, NO PIZZA today! Spinach and ricotta tortelloni with a "sauce" of tomato, garlic, onion, spinach, rocket, cabbage and pesto. Nice to get some vitamins in again!

Sounds like your wine cellar has taken a proper bashing in this lockdown Devon

it has mate and tonight took a big hit of very decent gear........will report in detail tomorrow.
.......getting a little worried, wine racks looking empty.
some decent stuff available on net but it`s good gear and will bust my wallet.....COOP divi awaits.

might have to go back to Hayling and pick up a few cases?.......serious.

keep safe up that Rasen.

Lamb cutlets with mint sauce, new potatoes, Yorkshire pud,peas and broccolI. Quick tea as we’ve been planting out some tubs in the garden today and then enjoyed a beer in the sunshine before we ate.
Lincoln Gold beer (from Lincolnshire Craft Beers of Barnetby). A pale bitter which combines lager and traditional ale malts with cascade hops resulting in a beer with fruity aroma, slightly zesty in flavour but manages to retain some of the malt characteristics....apparently. Very nice though ( local coop have it in)

Good to see you have cut back on the volume of nosh,keep that bmi going downwards,good safe move as I hear these covid19 lads prefer to feast on lardy/obese lads so that counts us out,we are in the clear......yipee.

Finally, NO PIZZA today! Spinach and ricotta tortelloni with a "sauce" of tomato, garlic, onion, spinach, rocket, cabbage and pesto. Nice to get some vitamins in again!

We're having smoked cheese ravioli with a herb and garlic butter sauce tonight, broccoli on the side.

Plenty of vitamins in pizza! :lol:

You might be in the clear Devon, but my bmi is only going one way. I’d be ok if I was 7ft 6ins. :lol:

Keep on with that 3 hours a day on the treadmill in your garage(headphones on,listening to Des o` Connor and Matt Munro) and keep doing that 10,000 steps a day mullarkey and them covids will give you a wide berth,remember they have a penchant for lard buns so you are not on their horizons.
Stay safe!

Last night`s nosh went up a notch from the recurrent theme of leftovers and I blew my load on the wine as well..............CAN`T ALWAYS LIVE FOR TOMORROW.

Main course of roast free range Devon duck,garlic roasties,parnsnip puree, and cabbage cooked in stock......it was the full monty.......well done my missus.
To follow homemade limoncello trifle with mandarins avec creme anglaise.
small cheese,St Agur,Gruyere,Gouda.

2 wines opened:Crozes Hermitage,Graillot 2007.......this is one of my top wines bought down there in the Rhone(Tain).If you like northern Rhone this is the nuts.

Second wine was Confidences de Prieure-Lichine(,Bordeaux Margaux) 2015.....merlot/cabernet blend.......still some leftover.
And just to think a couple of years ago i was drinking Ribena with my Sunday roast.
Keep safe and don`t waste any food,that is a sacrilege with half the world starving and that includes half of Cleethorpes.

That nosh sounds decent,mucho vegetables...........i presume the pesto was homemade?...............not like mine out of a jar.
Sadly it was just Lidl's finest/only pesto! It did all taste good though, nice result.

I might try making some nettle pesto, did you mention that a way back on this thread?

Last night`s nosh went up a notch from the recurrent theme of leftovers and I blew my load on the wine as well..............CAN`T ALWAYS LIVE FOR TOMORROW.

Main course of roast free range Devon duck,garlic roasties,parnsnip puree, and cabbage cooked in stock......it was the full monty.......well done my missus.
To follow homemade limoncello trifle with mandarins avec creme anglaise.
small cheese,St Agur,Gruyere,Gouda.

2 wines opened:Crozes Hermitage,Graillot 2007.......this is one of my top wines bought down there in the Rhone(Tain).If you like northern Rhone this is the nuts.

Second wine was Confidences de Prieure-Lichine(,Bordeaux Margaux) 2015.....merlot/cabernet blend.......still some leftover.
And just to think a couple of years ago i was drinking Ribena with my Sunday roast.
Keep safe and don`t waste any food,that is a sacrilege with half the world starving and that includes half of Cleethorpes.
I think you've got us all beaten with that one! Sounds epic.

Late tea tonight so a shop bought chicken breast fillet Kiev with jacket potato and salad followed by English strawberries (in season now) and ice cream....delicious even though no cooking required