A bit o' fun....... | Page 7 | Vital Football

A bit o' fun.......

I've put this under a bit of fun although I suspect it'll be owt but. When my lad ran the York marathon, after, over a pint I glibly stated I could still walk a marathon. Anyway, he's called me out on it and it's set for Tuesday....I'm fit as a fiddle but doubts have set in but I cant back out now and save face with him as he is ruthlessly competitive.

You'll be fine,
I've completed 30 marathons during this lockdown period.

Still can't get bring myself to calling them snickers.

Good luck mon - you doing updates en route or is it baited breath until tomorrow night ? 😉

There'll be no feckin updates Hampton I'll be otherwise engaged lad...if I can get one finger working tonight I'll let you know how it went. Unless it's a complete feckin tits up job then diplomatic silence will follow.

Good luck for tomorrow n just make sure you keep that Sudocream handy.....🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️

I know....general plan is over Hindley Hall golf club to top lock on canal...follow canal to Frederick's ice cream shop at Chorley. Off canal and check mileage on app...then depending what it is through Chorley to Coppull down to Standish and get back on canal at Red Rock ...start back towards home and check mileage to see what route home.

Phew....might stop in feckin bed lad.

So near....called it a day at 22 miles, on track for 6 hrs 40 ish until legs knotted the fuck up. Ince Bar annall within touching distance.

Do it next time.

Wife's said it never rained here...it pissed down in Chorley for a hour.

Only 9 miles to Frederick's from my house...thought it was more.

So near....called it a day at 22 miles, on track for 6 hrs 40 ish until legs knotted the fuck up. Ince Bar annall within touching distance.

Do it next time.

Good effort especially as the temp did go up which can make a bug difference.
15miles is easily achievable for most active people then the miles thereafter get longer & longer.
I actually find walking that distance more difficult than running / jogging as you are out on your feet for a longer length of time.

Good effort especially as the temp did go up which can make a bug difference.
15miles is easily achievable for most active people then the miles thereafter get longer & longer.
I actually find walking that distance more difficult than running / jogging as you are out on your feet for a longer length of time.

We was well over 4MPH mate for about 17 miles but went into Italian tank mode for last 5.

We'll go again on a flat course this time. The long hills up did for us.

He could have shagged me for a pot of tea.
It's nice on the canal between Plantations and the other side od Chorley, bunch of us from my local the Crown in Horwich have hired a canal boat from Adlington and done either the stretch from Adlington to the Plantations or from Adlington to Top lock at Wheelton calling at as many pubs as possible on the way understandably the boat owners didn't want us using any locks.