A bit o' fun....... | Page 6 | Vital Football

A bit o' fun.......

Touchy tonight. :whist:

;)

That wisnae touchy....it was a sour faced reply from a dour faced Scotland supporter who knows his place in the international football scene....

Scotland = the league equivalent of Rangers - once a decent club, vocal supporters & on the up.
England = the league equivalent of Leeds Utd - think cos they used to be a successful club they should be now.
😉

That wisnae touchy....it was a sour faced reply from a dour faced Scotland supporter who knows his place in the international football scene....

For what it's worth Jock, one of my favourite world cup memories is Archie Gemmill's goal against The Dutch .................... and to think he went on to play for us!

Come to think about it, David Narey's against Brazil wasn't bad either.

Seen that one Hampton ............................. that doesn't count as your "evidence" though.
;)

Out of order on this thread Sir 😉
Then again truth can be funny 😁
I expected you to come back chastising me for not posting ot.
;)

Actually, I meant to, but I saw it on my phone, and most pictures need to be downsized to put on here, and that's easier on the laptop.......honest, :innocent:

I've just hear a wonderful new word to describe how Jonson speaks, particularly whilst at a lectern or the despatch box .............. "testiculating".

It means waving your arms about whilst talking bollox !

:grinning:

I've put this under a bit of fun although I suspect it'll be owt but. When my lad ran the York marathon, after, over a pint I glibly stated I could still walk a marathon. Anyway, he's called me out on it and it's set for Tuesday....I'm fit as a fiddle but doubts have set in but I cant back out now and save face with him as he is ruthlessly competitive.

I've put this under a bit of fun although I suspect it'll be owt but. When my lad ran the York marathon, after, over a pint I glibly stated I could still walk a marathon. Anyway, he's called me out on it and it's set for Tuesday....I'm fit as a fiddle but doubts have set in but I cant back out now and save face with him as he is ruthlessly competitive.

One word mate ............ chafing.

3 to 4 miles an hour .......... sounds like it's all day of a job, though with no pubs open to tempt you to have a "swift refresher" (or five or six), I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good luck.
(y)

Cheers lad....chafing wont be an issue as I've no excess weight but it's my back I'm worried about. It starts aching after about 12 miles, legs fine. Me and wife can usually go about 4MPH but that's usually only over about 8-10 miles. This is different

Cheers lad....chafing wont be an issue as I've no excess weight but it's my back I'm worried about. It starts aching after about 12 miles, legs fine. Me and wife can usually go about 4MPH but that's usually only over about 8-10 miles. This is different

'Chafing won't be an issue' ......better to be safe than sorry. I did the 3 peaks of Yorkshire few years back n it's always handy to 'grease up' the possible chafing points...as a top tip can't beat a bit of Sudocream to keep the chafing at bay......good luck btw HindleyM 🚶‍♂️

'Chafing won't be an issue' ......better to be safe than sorry. I did the 3 peaks of Yorkshire few years back n it's always handy to 'grease up' the possible chafing points...as a top tip can't beat a bit of Sudocream to keep the chafing at bay......good luck btw HindleyM 🚶‍♂️

Thanks jock.....I'll bear that in mind mate. Just done 7 and my mind is telling me it's that with nearly another 3 times. Gulp.