The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 41 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

I'm beginning to think it's not going to happen. Too many obstacles. They just don't want the threat of Newcastle being richer than them and challenging the top order. And will do everything to stop it

If its rejected, there will have been no planning done for a new season and we can expect a continuation of mediocrity and no hope.
The objections being raised are not new, they have been known for months so should not be holding anything up, The problem will be that the PL cannot handle more than one thing at a time, its pathetic.

If its rejected, there will have been no planning done for a new season and we can expect a continuation of mediocrity and no hope.
The objections being raised are not new, they have been known for months so should not be holding anything up, The problem will be that the PL cannot handle more than one thing at a time, its pathetic.

Nothing new there under Ashley. Rinse and repeat.

The PL have a history of dithering before making decisions. I don't see this as anything more

If anyone wants to get their season ticket on it, I'll match it's cost

Dunno Pie- I smell a conspiracy in the air I do (works with welsh accent and nicked from human traffic).howay man spill, i'm crap with riddles:unsure:

Just got a feeling if this was Man Utd or other top end club, this would be done and dusted by now, notwithstanding project restart. They won’t have the same bods doing both jobs.
I've never been totally 100% confident about the sale Finn simply because it's Ashley we are dealing with.

I'm succumbing to logic on this occasion as I don't believe a con this size would be possible,even from him.

If the doubt is not Ashley specific but instead down to the moral objections from the seemingly bottomless pit of hypocrites,then i'm much more confident the sale will go ahead.

I've no evidence mind,just a gut feeling based mainly on the political fallout that would follow any negative outcome and the FA not having the backbone or the clout to be the ones who caused it,notice how the government distanced themselves despite pressure to intervene.

"notice how the government distanced themselves despite pressure to intervene."

Just realised that could also mean if the FA say no the government would be able to tell the Saudi's that there was nowt they could do and therefore retain their diplomatic love in:hmmm: .....fuck it I give up.....

The government are advising keeping distances a lot! I think the prem league; other clubs and the endless supply of hypocrites are desperate to stop this takeover. They are checking to see if they do block it can they successfully defend a law suit that the Saudis will bring. That’s my take.

For your info Pie- Human Traffic is a film from the late ‘90s about club culture and is set in Cardiff.

The government are advising keeping distances a lot! I think the prem league; other clubs and the endless supply of hypocrites are desperate to stop this takeover. They are checking to see if they do block it can they successfully defend a law suit that the Saudis will bring. That’s my take.

For your info Pie- Human Traffic is a film from the late ‘90s about club culture and is set in Cardiff.
Ha ha would never have got what you meant although I do vaguely remember the film:thumbup:

I'm not sure if I expected or thought there would be as much negative reaction to someone or a group of investors in our case to buying NUFC, hell the Reuben brothers are worth more than most of the Premier club owners. But no, objectors are being wheeled out one after another to complain, moan that it's unfair, and generally anything to besmirch the investors. If they (the investors) are happy to run the club in a way which benefits the community, makes you feel part of it, and improves every aspect of facilities and conditions and tries to improve the team then that ticks more boxes for so many people than has done for so many years.

I get the feeling we wont be many peoples second favourite this time around
Me also Mc, first time around they loved our style of play but the media played the game when Stuart Pearce had his testimonial against us and we played in the League against them and Fergie had his moment and got the reaction he wanted and 'the people' luved that.

I'm not sure if I expected or thought there would be as much negative reaction to someone or a group of investors in our case to buying NUFC, hell the Reuben brothers are worth more than most of the Premier club owners. But no, objectors are being wheeled out one after another to complain, moan that it's unfair, and generally anything to besmirch the investors. If they (the investors) are happy to run the club in a way which benefits the community, makes you feel part of it, and improves every aspect of facilities and conditions and tries to improve the team then that ticks more boxes for so many people than has done for so many years.

What I would say Mc is that it’s as much a reflection of the times we live in as anything else, football fans have always been jealous of other clubs, I know I’ve never enjoyed watching the success of other teams. I didn’t particularly mind Citys success as their fans have suffered almost as much shite as us over the years. The main difference these days is social media, it’s a platform for any no nothing arsehole* anywhere in the world, to spout their bitter opinion, unnecessary vitriol you would never of heard of years ago. Take the current climate into account as well and it’s just magnified, there’s zero football or sport to take it out of the news.

*Myself included before anyone pipes up

Got to be announced today or tomorrow if nufc.com's prediction is right. We have a cloudless blue sky here on Tyneside with no wind, if Carlsberg did takeovers then today is that day.

I remain skeptical!

Wouldn't rule out the possibility that this has been an elaborate con, simply because Mike Ashley is involved and I wouldn't put anything past the lying ****!
I think he definitely wants to sell now, the thought of paying money back and playing in front of empty stadiums must have him reaching for heart medication.

I've already given my opinion on the ridiculous issues regarding human rights and piracy by a bunch of fucking hypocrites. It's like Adolf Hitler campaigning for jewish rights in the USA yet sending the European ones to extermination camps.

Now some bint is writing heartfelt letters asking fans to oppose a takeover when she has links to a charity known to support ISIS and Al Qaeda. Not to mention the fact her fiancee was known to have travelled extensively with a certain Osama bin laden and had written favourable articles on Al Qaeda. She can go fuck herself as far as I'm concerned, Saudi's should've dealt with her as well fucking terrorist sympathising scumbag.