So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 121 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

Well, I'm glad that at least you've acknowledged that he was persistent in asking for a plan. I agree he was, and rightly so.

Now that a plan has been forumlated and released (and let's face it, even though the "return to work if you can" advice was maybe understandably given, there was no reason at all for any easement in the otherwise "Stay at home" instruction) all Starmer has done is to point out the flaws in the plan............ which probably goes to show that despite all the offers to help in certain areas, Starmer and his shadow ministers weren't directly involved in some/many aspects.

With hindsight, (but not really), what should have been done was:

- Early last week - advise which industries will probably be going back (& school)
- On 7th (review date) - do his brief advising the dates for return to work/school
- Also on 7th - advise no further easement ...... no meeting up
- Monday 11th - have all the additional detail ready (mentioned in the plan) to support the return to work......transport, workplace, whatever else.

Jock ........ no. We're going to come out at some point. A plan just shows that we'll be prepared for whenever that point might be. On reflection, this was a half hearted mish-mash. As it happens, I agree with you re the continuation of the lockdown ..........but that doesn't stop us having a plan for how we'll handle it when we do start to ease lockdown. (though surely, as the government is "following the science", then the scientific advice must surely be telling them that it's OK to return right now).

We both know it’s called politics. Starmer was banging on and on and on about it. The media then picked it up and put pressure on fuelling impatience in the populace. Government bowed to pressure and now the instigator is trying to distance himself from it. It’s poor and doesn’t reflect well on him, though thankfully the same media have not let him off the hook and as he’s been squirming on it. I don’t think he was expecting that.

Common Sense - we have to apply this according to government guidance.
So explain please, the good Mrs DAM and I can drive for 2 hours to meet our daughter and grandchild in a park in the East Midlands. However, only one of us can stand 2m apart and chat to them.

It’s rare I find myself agreeing with you, but yeah this guidance makes little sense. If someone in your household has it, you’ll have it. So only meeting one person at a time from another household makes no sense.

We both know it’s called politics. Starmer was banging on and on and on about it. The media then picked it up and put pressure on fuelling impatience in the populace. Government bowed to pressure and now the instigator is trying to distance himself from it. It’s poor and doesn’t reflect well on him, though thankfully the same media have not let him off the hook and as he’s been squirming on it. I don’t think he was expecting that.
You spin better than Muttiah Muralitharan !

No matter what you say, he only ever called for a plan, not easement.

Are you seriously trying to say that The Times, Telegraph, Observer, Mail, Express and Sun all thought they like what Starmer was saying, decide to go one step further, and pressurised the government because of Starmer's call for a plan? All those papers, acting on Starmer's behalf? Surely not.

As for forgiveness, after your outrage toward Johnson on Sunday evening, you appear to be doing rather a good impression of Priest yourself. :innocent:
;)

You spin better than Muttiah Muralitharan !

No matter what you say, he only ever called for a plan, not easement.

Are you seriously trying to say that The Times, Telegraph, Observer, Mail, Express and Sun all thought they like what Starmer was saying, decide to go one step further, and pressurised the government because of Starmer's call for a plan? All those papers, acting on Starmer's behalf? Surely not.

As for forgiveness, after your outrage toward Johnson on Sunday evening, you appear to be doing rather a good impression of Priest yourself. :innocent:
;)

I never said they were acting on his behalf. But it was a gift. The papers all have their own agendas from wanting a bandwagon to write about to wanting a way out of lockdown for economic reasons etc. Starmer started that bandwagon and was totally irresponsible.

Murali hey, I’ll take that as a compliment. One hell of a bowler. Better than Warne?

I wonder if this half wit is related to Trump?

“Mary Bousted, joint general secretary of the NEU, yesterday called for children to be "sprayed front and back with disinfectant" at the school gates as part of measures to protect teachers and students.”

The mind boggles.

“Mary Bousted, joint general secretary of the NEU, yesterday called for children to be "sprayed front and back with disinfectant" at the school gates as part of measures to protect teachers and students.”

The mind boggles.
Have seen something similar in either Japan or South Korea

I never said they were acting on his behalf. But it was a gift. The papers all have their own agendas from wanting a bandwagon to write about to wanting a way out of lockdown for economic reasons etc. Starmer started that bandwagon and was totally irresponsible.

Nah. You can't pin the irresponsible acts of the Tory press - normally so adoring of the PM - the LoTO ...... not when Tory donor businessmen & MPs (who would all have clout with that press) were calling for actual easement, not just a plan.

Murali hey, I’ll take that as a compliment. One hell of a bowler. Better than Warne?

Chucker? Murali was a great bowler, and as an honorary Lanc, I'd love to give it him .......and maybe for a short period, he was ...... but Warne's overall record speaks for itself. Probably the best ....ever.

The mind boggles.

Haven't seen the actual quote, but have you seen the videos from (I think it was) Korea? That's exactly what they're doing. Not disinfectant that's lethal obviously, but (with faces covered), some kind of spray.

I'll try and find it.

EDIT - Bugger ......just going down the posts one by one, and just seen the one from Daleks. Yep, They had a whole little "production line" going on.

Nah. You can't pin the irresponsible acts of the Tory press - normally so adoring of the PM - the LoTO ...... not when Tory donor businessmen & MPs (who would all have clout with that press) were calling for actual easement, not just a plan.

Chucker? Murali was a great bowler, and as an honorary Lanc, I'd love to give it him .......and maybe for a short period, he was ...... but Warne's overall record speaks for itself. Probably the best ....ever.

I agree with the Warne assessment. Not with the Starmer one. His irresponsibility was the catalyst for everything that followed.

Haven't seen the actual quote, but have you seen the videos from (I think it was) Korea? That's exactly what they're doing. Not disinfectant that's lethal obviously, but (with faces covered), some kind of spray.

I'll try and find it.

EDIT - Bugger ......just going down the posts one by one, and just seen the one from Daleks. Yep, They had a whole little "production line" going on.

Have seen something similar in either Japan or South Korea

She said they do it in China too. Given they also eat infected bat soup I wouldn’t be holding them up as a shining example.

Calling for kids to be sprayed front and back with disinfectant is highly dangerous - idiots will think if a teacher is suggesting it they’ll start hosing kids down with bleach. Given covid is transmitted by respiratory droplets how spraying them will stop that is beyond me. Plus, if they are spraying kids with disinfectant surely they’ll have to spray teachers and everyone else who enters schools as they could transmit it.

I reckon this is what she's talking about. Not really sure what the "disinfectant" is, but it's not dettol !

Lots of boats still making their way into Kent from France as Priti Patel continues to make a pigs ear of her job alongside Hancock. Unsurprisingly this hasn't gone down well with the many Brexiteers who lent the Tories their vote last year.

However in better news for the Conservatives, Rishi Sunak comes through again for workers, extending furlough up until the end of October. However bad a job they've made of controlling this virus, you can't say they haven't stood up for the working class when needed the most.

She said they do it in China too. Given they also eat infected bat soup I wouldn’t be holding them up as a shining example.

Calling for kids to be sprayed front and back with disinfectant is highly dangerous - idiots will think if a teacher is suggesting it they’ll start hosing kids down with bleach. Given covid is transmitted by respiratory droplets how spraying them will stop that is beyond me. Plus, if they are spraying kids with disinfectant surely they’ll have to spray teachers and everyone else who enters schools as they could transmit it.
Following you the scientist, now

Heard similar about a KFC in Leigh. Folk queuing round the corner 30 minutes before it opened. Hardly surprising, the majority of Leythers
and Warrington folk share a trait in that both are as thick as pigs**t.