What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 5 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Well, I'm giving myself a solid B+ for that.

Bubble and squeak made with left-over roast potatoes with cabbage, carrot, fried onions, about an ounce of grated manchego all fried off in butter.

Served with Cumberland sausage and fresh green beans.
That's got to be the Rolls Royce of bubble and squeak!

Standard-issue chilli tonight. The twist is serving it over corn-bread which the better-half makes to a very high standard.

Last night`s humble offering to my tapeworms was as mentioned before and demolished with gusto.
A few prawns shell on Argentinian(source Lidl.....very decent) then the seafood linguine with the brown crabmeat (not from the can) and prawns not in the shell....the latter being under par.
Obligatory wine was very decent,old vine Chilean pinot noir.....source Majestic.
Leftovers for sweet... homemade..banana bread and butter pudding and a few brandy soaked strawberries avec a knob of clotted cream gelato.

Just to think that allegedly 12.5% of the world population live with the severe condition of undernourishment.....we don`t know how lucky we are.

Tonight`s plan is BBQ but clouds circling at the moment.

keep safe and enjoy your nosebag.

Last night`s humble offering to my tapeworms was as mentioned before and demolished with gusto.
A few prawns shell on Argentinian(source Lidl.....very decent) then the seafood linguine with the brown crabmeat (not from the can) and prawns not in the shell....the latter being under par.
Obligatory wine was very decent,old vine Chilean pinot noir.....source Majestic.
Leftovers for sweet... homemade..banana bread and butter pudding and a few brandy soaked strawberries avec a knob of clotted cream gelato.

Just to think that allegedly 12.5% of the world population live with the severe condition of undernourishment.....we don`t know how lucky we are.

Tonight`s plan is BBQ but clouds circling at the moment.

keep safe and enjoy your nosebag.

You can't go wrong with pinot noir. Rarely tasted a bad one.

As to hunger - it's solvable but requires joined-up thinking and international cooperation, both òf which seem in chronically short supply right now.

Standard-issue chilli tonight. The twist is serving it over corn-bread which the better-half makes to a very high standard.

one of my favourite dinners but I will also include kidney beans,plus a side salad but make sure you put plenty of hot ones in the pot because them covid 19`s lads hate the chilli as it knocks out those enveloped anchored spiked proteins........tip from David Icke.

You can't go wrong with pinot noir. Rarely tasted a bad one.

As to hunger - it's solvable but requires joined-up thinking and international cooperation, both òf which seem in chronically short supply right now.
If you like decent pinot and want to splash the dosh
Aloxe-corton..maker Edmond Cornu old vines this is benchmark gear.....might need my coop divi to arrive before getting my next bottle.

Majestic wines were recently knocking out a top Chilean pinot noir under a parcel series 38/2017.....made by Montes Alpha,a top maker but not named on the bottle.....decent and underpriced......I filled my boots!....can be drunk without nosh
see link
https://www.majestic.co.uk/wines/parcel-series-chilean-pinot-noir-39444

BBQ went ahead............................ weather decent.

ribeye steak and star of the night was duck breast with apricot skewers.

fillers were chicken thigh,sausage,courgette slices,salad plus a bowl of pesto penne.

All this washed down with basic rose and a few glasses of Chilean cabernet/malbec aged in oak..........a bit heavy for sitting in the sun.,,,,CORK BACK IN BOTTLE.

Forecast tomorrow is no sun so menu organised accordingly.

Feel a bit of Lincolnshire sourced nosh on the agenda for tomorrow`s dinner table?

BBQ went ahead............................ weather decent.

ribeye steak and star of the night was duck breast with apricot skewers.

fillers were chicken thigh,sausage,courgette slices,salad plus a bowl of pesto penne.

All this washed down with basic rose and a few glasses of Chilean cabernet/malbec aged in oak..........a bit heavy for sitting in the sun.,,,,CORK BACK IN BOTTLE.

Forecast tomorrow is no sun so menu organised accordingly.

Feel a bit of Lincolnshire sourced nosh on the agenda for tomorrow`s dinner table?

How do you eat all that?! :)

How do you eat all that?! :)
Easy,just cut a portion off the ribeye leave some for breakfast.Duck breast shared between 2, not a lot of volume (two skewers)
chicken thigh sliced in 2,penne pesto, still plenty left for next few days.
Salad doesn`t touch the sides. sausage acting now as first reserve for morning brekkie, will be a potential partner for goji berries.
BBQ spuds scoffed....no prisoners taken.
The key is cook it all but don`t waste it.........,there is always tomorrow for eating.

"Plan for the feast and stop eating just before you explode ".......a quote from Boris`s recent memoirs, with reference to his first visit to the tuck shop at Eton.

Woe, you guys are eating well! Top stuff. Last night we had stir fried noodles with veg and sesame seeds alongside smoked salmon fillets for the lady and an excellent British ribeye for me. Best steak I've had in a long time, thanks Lidl!

Weather down here was horseshit and blowing a gale...............quick revert to the indoors for Sunday nosh.....meal of week.

For me a Lincolnshire pigeon in a sauce of it`s own juices with cream cooked on the crown, courtesy of Pepperdine`s (top Lincoln butchers),garlic potatoes and a plethora of veg(roast parsnip,pureed parsnip,peas,green beans,mange tout) 5 a day me arse.....no scientific proof there, more a main stream media hook line.

To finish homemade pear and mandarin tart.

I needed cheering up today so on this special occasion(lockdown ending) a bottle of Burgundy plus a couple of glasses of Chilean oaked blend.

We are such lucky bastards to be tucking in to the nosh that we all serving up each evening.......it`s only energy stored for tomorrow`s graft in front of the keyboard.

Must get that Vitals hog roast planned for the end of season.

Well, I've just made my first ever Victoria sponge with jam and buttercream. My dad would be proud - he had a proper sweet tooth for cakes and pies and did all the baking in our household.
My late father`s claim to cooking/eating was he had a skill trapping blackbirds in a homemade trap,he was one of 13 kids so if it didn`t move,catch it and eat it was the order of the day.

Weather down here was horseshit and blowing a gale...............quick revert to the indoors for Sunday nosh.....meal of week.

For me a Lincolnshire pigeon in a sauce of it`s own juices with cream cooked on the crown, courtesy of Pepperdine`s (top Lincoln butchers),garlic potatoes and a plethora of veg(roast parsnip,pureed parsnip,peas,green beans,mange tout) 5 a day me arse.....no scientific proof there, more a main stream media hook line.

I needed cheering up today so on this special occasion(lockdown ending) a bottle of Burgundy plus a couple of glasses of Chilean oaked blend.

We are such lucky bastards to be tucking in to the nosh that we all serving up each evening.......it`s only energy stored for tomorrow`s graft in front of the keyboard.

Sounds like a top dinner! Sh*t weather deserves a good feed.

Sounds like a top dinner! Sh*t weather deserves a good feed.