Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 107 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

Total world of their own and his comments about the Whole world is craving football confirmed how out of touch they are with the majority of fans

Totally and utterly laughable comment.

The only football people crave is the full package. Anything else is a necessary farce . They can kid themselves all they want but those that are stupid enough to swallow this bullshit will soon realise what they are being force fed or even worse have to pay for is a very poor product.

Maybe the eventual outcome to this will be the one inferred to by our technical director some weeks ago. If the season was voided there can be no relegation or promotion as set out by the cancellation of all the leagues in England below the conference and it looks like league 1, 2 and the conference will end up being void soon anyway as they can't afford to play behind closed doors.

He does point out complexity and differing financial motivations. It all seems pretty much impossible to me. Even for next season. What does he want by talking about loosening up squad restrictions?

I agree impossible to sort out fairly and safely and it's all driven by greed and money.
This is a great chance to start afresh I think

I agree impossible to sort out fairly and safely and it's all driven by greed and money.
This is a great chance to start afresh I think
Of that I agree, surely after what we are all going through now has to have an impact on how football moves forward in the future, a player on £100,000 a week was accepted by all of us but now the game has changed and they have to be part of the real world otherwise its bust.

Of that I agree, surely after what we are all going through now has to have an impact on how football moves forward in the future, a player on £100,000 a week was accepted by all of us but now the game has changed and they have to be part of the real world otherwise its bust.

I don't begrudge them 100k a year but 100k a week has to be a thing od the past or football is finished

He does point out complexity and differing financial motivations. It all seems pretty much impossible to me. Even for next season. What does he want by talking about loosening up squad restrictions?
I think Christian purslow is saying what needs to be said to sky and alike, Harry redknapp has said he spoke to a premier league manager yesterday and none of the players want to play, Ian Holloway was very emotional about the situation as well and the responsibility he feels he has as a manager.

I think ultimately it will boil down to if the players want to play or not.

No amount of talk from owners or CEO's will make the slightest bit of difference if the players aren't happy to play.

I think ultimately it will boil down to if the players want to play or not.

No amount of talk from owners or CEO's will make the slightest bit of difference if the players aren't happy to play.
If the players refuse to play they won't get paid.
So they will definitely play

If the players refuse to play they won't get paid.
So they will definitely play

Not sure what the rules would be if it was health and safety grounds , especially with the present circumstances.

Put yourself in their shoes , would you play ? I know what I would be saying.

Not sure what the rules would be if it was health and safety grounds , especially with the present circumstances.

Put yourself in their shoes , would you play ? I know what I would be saying.
I'm not in disagreement with the point you're trying to make but my point is if football gets the green light from the authorities to go ahead and then the players refuse they would be breaching their contract and wouldn't get paid. So they'd play is what I'm saying. Perhaps some of the mega rich stars may just say fuck it I'm not playing I don't need the money (highly unlikely??)

Now if he had said the world is craving a cure or a vaccine for this virus, he might have gained some credit but to say the world is craving the PL football is just, I can't even find the word for the selfish so and so's

But then, to be fair, is that not a given? So many things said in this thread over the last few months I believed to just be obvious so not needed to be expressed. Like lives matter more. Food is more important. And just on this page, Fear is all powerful. Well, that is how I read it!!