Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 106 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

Dominic Raab can shove his soundbites where the sun doesn't shine. So the country would be lifted by watching football played in a phoney atmosphere and in conditions that are as far removed from what it actually should be?. Quite frankly I will find it thoroughly depressing and a reminder that I can't do something I love doing . And i have yet to speak to anyone i know who thinks its going to be uplifting. They have other things on their mind, funny enough !. What I would find uplifting is for the government to have sorted themselves out before 29,000 people died. Instead, years of cuts and austerity left the NHS unprepared and opportunities to lessen the impact when everyone could see what was coming were missed .What I would find uplifting would be to you have done what other countries have done . I expect the Aussies are uplifted by their 96 deaths.96 ffs!! .

So Mr Raab please don't patronise me and paint this as anything other than an understandable business need . Just be honest and say so. It's not uplifting because people are dying , and will continue to do so. It's not uplifting because people are losing their livelihoods and will continue to do so. It's not football, it's not other sports. Without fans, atmosphere and the drama of the whole package its nothing. Some Eton toff thinks otherwise and tries to convince people . Bet they can't wait to get sport back quick enough to deflect from their handling of this pandemic.

Heaton and Wesley ?

No, not 25 man squad related. I'm hoping to cover it tomorrow as I got waylaid today, but one has asthma and the other has an at risk close relative.

It's the side I certainly missed of a players life going with the instant 'they are young, fit, healthy' etc.

How can sporting integrity be upheld as all squads in reality will have players like that.

I'm guessing the asthmatic one is either AEG or Targett which would explain the haste to get off the pitch feigning injury.

Does asthma put you in a high risk / underlying health condition criteria? I didn't think asthma made that level?

Certain types do and have required those to shield.
Someone who my Mrs works with has a form of asthma that really doesn't cause her too much of a problem yet got a letter advising her to shield. So I don't think you have to be a serious sufferer to fit the criteria.

Given the respiritory (definitely sp) elements associated, it automatically increases the risk, even if low key mate. It might not make you high risk, but moves you into medium. I'm medium.

The missus is high.

It's already a breathing difficulty that requires medical help (even if not a lot) as I understand it.

I am asthmatic, not heard from my GP. Also suffer with hay fever so going through bad period just now .
Just a little confused about the categorisation and risk levels. I'm also on high blood pressure tablets so guessing I may be lower / mid level risk.

The blueprint for being able to finish the season is from South Korea - constant testing and tracking to contain the variables. Their success in controlling the spread of the virus came from dealing with SARS & MARS and learning the lessons. They were prepared.

We have a long way to go before we have the infection rate under control, but it is achievable. Don't get people needing the season to be canned just so we survive. All we have to do is wait and see what happens. I'm firmly with JF, the PL have just played a waiting game, it's the media that have had to speculate and entertain ridiculous theories to fuel the various arguments. If we go down, so what, we'll be back. If we survive we'll have done so on merit.

Is it the Premier League at all costs for most around here?

Nope and it's insulting to the folk advocating voiding the season to insinuate they're only doing it so Villa will stay in the PL.

If the season is played out, we may well survive. For one thing, the season has now changed, fundamentally. Teams are unlikely to be in the same state as before the lockdown. Mid-table teams may well be more interested in their own health than winning matches. And so on. It's a different ball game. It's totally unpredictable.

Merit doesn't come in to it. If we survive it'll be because things have fallen in our favour and not in others favour. It's plain luck. Whoever gets relegated will be entitled to feel unfairly dealt with.

The fairest thing to do IMO is end the season, relegate nobody, give Liverpool the league and increase the league for one season and promote the top two in the Championship.

Relegation and promotion are too much of a mess to be dealing with IMO.

The FA cup can be played over two or three days to sort out the remaining fixtures or void it altogether.

Honestly, I would rather we got relegated than finish out the season and watch glorified friendlies that result in relegation. The only reason to finish this season is that clubs are overleveraged financially.

Must admit all he did for me was convince me more that they don't give a monkeys about H&S and it's all about the £200m the clubs at the bottom will lose if relegated and the Liverpools 10's of millions in income. Nothing at all to do with concluding the league at all

Total world of their own and his comments about the Whole world is craving football confirmed how out of touch they are with the majority of fans