What was the last film you watched | Page 458 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Machete Kills - I knew it was a bit of a joke film before I started watching but I thought it might be fun. I turned it off after 20 minutes.

Sinister 2.

More of the same shit.

Horrors generally bore me to tears and this was no different. Nat likes them though.

Stray starring Karen Fukuhara, Christine Woods & Miyavi.

An orphaned teenager forms an unlikely friendship with a detective. Together they investigate her mother's murder, and uncover the supernatural force that proves to be a threat to her family.

This is the second time I've seen this (I watched it when Mrs P was out of the country) and found it pretty good again. A crime/action movie with a bit of fantasy thrown in. 6.5/10

Lady Bird - it's a sweet coming-of-age film about a teenage girl finishing secondary school and going to university. It was nominated for a couple of Oscars but it's not that good. It's good, just not Oscar winning good.

7/10

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw starring Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham & Idris Elba.

Fast and Furious in name, but compare it to Fast and Furious 1,2 or 3 and it's nothing like. After saying that, it's all action and adventure, so not a bad way to pass an afternoon. 6.5/10

Laundromat. Netflix.
Has a massive cast of quality actors.

Turned it off after 40 minutes. Pathetic. Havnt seen something so ridiculous since hairspray.

My advice would be to avoid at all costs.

Behind the Trees starring Vanessa Curry, Sahil Shroff & Subrat Dutta.

While on a romantic getaway in the Indian wilderness, a couple from Los Angeles accidentally witnesses the haunting exorcism of an 11-year old girl. They decide to rescue her.

Mystery thriller with a touch of horror, but not really worth the bother. 4.5/10

Just finished watching Knives Out. Thought I'd made a mistake after 20 minutes but it gets interesting pretty soon after that. Daniel Craig is brilliant as the P.I. Him and Ana de Armas must be be sick of the sight of each other after working together for the new Bond film as well as this!

Not my usual type of film but really enjoyed it.

Watched Knives Out last night. I really enjoyed it. It was a slow start as you say, and I was a bit wary about Daniel Craig putting on a strong Texan accent, but it does start to get interesting and some great little twists towards the end.

A good, fresh take on the whole 'whodunnit' genre.

7.8 out of 10.

Extraction - it's a shoot em up but it's done very well. I think I'll be crossing Dhaka off the travel plans.

7.5/10

Night hunter. Netflix.
Dark crime thriller.
Henry cavill and ben Kingsley.
Very good. Impressed. Plenty of twists and good plot. 7.8/10

Eli. Netflix.
Horror.
Slow starter. Turns into a decent horror but run of the mill. Then last 20 minutes is bloody fantastic. And different. And a really good twist.
1 hour 15 minutes of the film 6/10
Last 20 minutes 9/10

Extraction. Not trying to be the odd one out, but it bored me really. It was ok, but... once you've seen a few chasing them, you've sort of seen the whole thing haven't you? Was ok, nothing to excite though.

7.25/16.001

Breaking in. Netflix.
4 ex cons erm, break in to a house.
Nothing ground breaking or mind boggling but not bad to make the time go by.
5/10