Recent Video Interviews/Forums | Vital Football

Recent Video Interviews/Forums

Trev_GFC

Vital 1st Team Regular
Has anyone watched any of the official forums/interviews with Steve Evans, where fans get to ask him questions and debate with him? Has he said anything decent about the current situation, maybe his opinion on some players? Some tidbits on transfers in the future or past?

Also has there been any interesting stories coming through from the many interviews with former players and managers? I see some of the vlogging people have had interviews with the likes of Mad Dog, Stevie Lovell, SBT, Danny Jackman, Stuart Nelson etc.

Surely one of these doggers (or journalists as some of them call themselves) need to ask the all-important questions like how satisfying were their final dumps in their desk drawers.

Has anyone watched any of the official forums/interviews with Steve Evans, where fans get to ask him questions and debate with him? Has he said anything decent about the current situation, maybe his opinion on some players? Some tidbits on transfers in the future or past?

Also has there been any interesting stories coming through from the many interviews with former players and managers? I see some of the vlogging people have had interviews with the likes of Mad Dog, Stevie Lovell, SBT, Danny Jackman, Stuart Nelson etc.

Surely one of these doggers (or journalists as some of them call themselves) need to ask the all-important questions like how satisfying were their final dumps in their desk drawers.

Mad Dog was good and told some funny stories on the Gills Fancast Pod. Was over 2 hours long tho. And covered his whole career not just Gills.

I haven’t got round to listening to the GiTB ones just yet. They reckon Matt’s interviews with Neil Smith and Superbob were excellent. And apparently Bob said some interesting things about his transfer to City.

The Simon King one is also very good.
Quite moving in a way.
One minute MoM at Wembley, the next a crock.
He says he shouldn’t have been playing in that Bromley game but someone dropped out.

Just started listening to the gills fan casts during my daily run. I didn't realise they were on spotify. Listened to the Kedwell one last night. Really interesting and worth a go. His insights into martin allen were interesting and equally what he thought of peter taylor effectively forcing him out the club.

The accrington donkey story made me laugh out loud.

Kedwell love for the gills is still strong and would love to come back on the staff one days. His comments on Hanlan were spot on as well.

Looking forward to doing a few more this week.

Just started listening to the gills fan casts during my daily run. I didn't realise they were on spotify. Listened to the Kedwell one last night. Really interesting and worth a go. His insights into martin allen were interesting and equally what he thought of peter taylor effectively forcing him out the club.

Kedwell love for the gills is still strong and would love to come back on the staff one days. His comments on Hanlan were spot on as well.

I saw Keds and one of his boys walking to watch Gills a few months back, pleased he is still a fan.

Would be good if one of them could get Mark Patterson on, I think he would have a few stories to tell about his time at the club.
I’d also be interested to hear about the circumstances surrounding his departure from the club.

Got to say they're all interesting, GITB and the Fancast ones. Any true Gills fan will find them a real good listen.

Finally got around to listening to the mark stimson interview yesterday

Some interesting snippets

We paid 100K for him in compensation.

He then had 250K to sign players. Had two bids for top players agreed but each time leeds came in and offered more in wages.

Big player split at Gills when he came. The non league players were really hungry and wanted to work hard to be successful. Some of the established players didn't .

We turned down a massive sum for Simon King and trebled his wages to keep him. Stimson felt he would go all the way.

Scally always backed him, stimson was full of praise for him.

He was a scout for Peterborough for a bit. Gave that up as they never signed the players he found, one of which was Jamie Vardy !

Really interesting interview

Who was David Parry another player I have forgotten ?
Sorry this is a bit of a late reply, I've only just seen it as the thread has been resurrected.
David Parry worked for the club behind the scenes for a lot of years, his dad played for the club for a few years though.

Is the Keds interview on Gills in the blood? Can't find it on his YouTube channel.