#COVID19 | Page 146 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Very admirable. The flip side is that they are being taken away from their talent for discovery and having to court public opinion to run against a fascist. This is a last resort. Society doesn't have to be this way.

It is this way though, and increasingly so in countries like the UK and the USA to catastrophic results both now and in the future.

Public funding is also tied to political administrations so like it or not science is political.

I've quoted part from an article on Nature from an actual scientist. So that's rather embarrassing for you who clearly has no clue whatsoever. Run along back to the likes of Trump who believes in keeping science in the corner.
You really are a flippin pretentious moron who likes to argue for the sake of it aren't you?

It is this way though, and increasingly so in countries like the UK and the USA to catastrophic results both now and in the future.

Public funding is also tied to political administrations so like it or not science is political.
We can't all quit and run for office. There would be no one left to do the work. :batman:

Only a fuckwitt doesn't understand an explanation when it's spelled out to him in baby language. And then pretends it is the other one that doesn't understand. I'm rubber you are glue! From a 50 something forum troll.

Read the article idiot. See if you can understand it then we can chat.

Feel free to google actual scientists who are agnostic or theist also. Real scientists unlike yourself lol

It's another article from am actual scientist, not a fantasist on a forum lol
You are funny. I can see why others get so wound up by your pretendy copy-pasty intellect. I'm tempted to post a link to one of the papers I've written and challenge you to a public discussion. But we only do that sort of thing with 'Our own' you couldn't peer review a flippin sausage wrapper.

Nobody is advocating that, but I'll move on because you're being super defensive. It's fine to just sit their pointing fingers at government, it's easy. It's also ineffective.
Sorry you see it that way. I don't mean to be defensive.
I think I was the first on here, or at least among the first, to be critical of these particular scientists and their strategy. I was saying, IIRC, that I respect them and their offices, but that I thought the strategy was wrong.

You're right, of course, that pointing the finger at the government on here is ineffective. We're just having a chat. I'm just saying that I think they have made mistakes. That's what happens sometimes but it's more likely if you elect the wrong people.
And it's not like I'm only pointing the finger on here but otherwise sitting in my arse. I, like you, am proactively trying to help the shitty situation by making ppe for those who need it. But it is a disgrace that we are having to step up to do that when the warning signs have been there for a long time and the government fiddled with brexit while wuhan and then Rome burned.
I saw that Trump said we asked America for ventilators two days ago. I have not verified that by trawling through his dross but it sounds about par.

You are funny. I can see why others get so wound up by your pretendy copy-pasty intellect. I'm tempted to post a link to one of the papers I've written and challenge you to a public discussion. But we only do that sort of thing with 'Our own' you couldn't peer review a flippin sausage wrapper.

Sure feel free to link...

Now let's try the article I posted, what did you think? Do you still believe science operates in a vacuum and isn't and shouldn't be political?

Sorry you see it that way. I don't mean to be defensive.
I think I was the first on here, or at least among the first, to be critical of these particular scientists and their strategy. I was saying, IIRC, that I respect them and their offices, but that I thought the strategy was wrong.

You're right, of course, that pointing the finger at the government on here is ineffective. We're just having a chat. I'm just saying that I think they have made mistakes. That's what happens sometimes but it's more likely if you elect the wrong people.
And it's not like I'm only pointing the finger on here but otherwise sitting in my arse. I, like you, am proactively trying to help the shitty situation by making ppe for those who need it. But it is a disgrace that we are having to step up to do that when the warning signs have been there for a long time and the government fiddled with brexit while wuhan and then Rome burned.
I saw that Trump said we asked America for ventilators two days ago. I have not verified that by trawling through his dross but it sounds about par.

Did you read the article I posted? I'd be interested in your thoughts.