Some Ideas/Sights While on Lockdown... | Vital Football

Some Ideas/Sights While on Lockdown...

Trev_GFC

Vital 1st Team Regular
The International Space Station is a sight to show your kids, as is the comet over the next few days. We should have some good weather and clear clouds these next few days and nights.

A White Tailed Eagle has been causing a stir in Kent these last few days, with people seeing it soaring over their homes in Medway, Ramsgate, Manston and other places. The sight of a wild eagle soaring and casting a shadow over you will stay with anyone. You know when you’ve seen one. Great news for Kent.

often see a pair of kestrels hovering over the top of the great lines bank. also they have been known to roost on top of the lamposts on the footpath.

Last edited:
We had a military plane that looked like a Hercules buzzing the rooftops on a low flying exercise. I assume from the base at Chivenor .
It was like a private airshow and went on for about an hour .

I've cut my grass and i love watching the birds peck for worms.

I put suet and worms inside a cage and the bloody seagulls keep moving the cage to get to the food!

We have them here too. Little owls calling every night and sometimes to be seen as night falls. I'm waiting for the cuckoos.
They’re meant to be by the car park at Elmley Marshes nature reserve. Never seen one though!

Nice to hear though, Valencia. Buzzards are becoming a frequent sight in Kent now, even in the middle of Medway. The odd red kite around too. Birds of Prey are the greatest type of animals.

They’re meant to be by the car park at Elmley Marshes nature reserve. Never seen one though!

Nice to hear though, Valencia. Buzzards are becoming a frequent sight in Kent now, even in the middle of Medway. The odd red kite around too. Birds of Prey are the greatest type of animals.
The little owl is active during the day , as well as nightime , which is rare in any raptor.
They have a very distinctive call.

Birds of Prey are the greatest type of animals.

Not for the prey they aren’t.

The mention of Kestrels always takes me back in time to that wonderful book we all read at school back in the day. And Brian Glover as the Sports teacher in the film in his Man U outfit. Classic scenes of school football.

Not for the prey they aren’t.

The mention of Kestrels always takes me back in time to that wonderful book we all read at school back in the day. And Brian Glover as the Sports teacher in the film in his Man U outfit. Classic scenes of school football.
Yes OSK, 'Kes' that was one of my set books too, we must be around the same age.