The player who left thread | Page 185 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

I think that if we survive, the owners have a good chance of persuading Jack to stay. That's if they're willing to invest in better players, which I'm pretty sure they will be.

I don't think there will be many clubs investing much at all this summer given what the economy will look like post Coronavirus.

Will almost certainly be the quietest transfer window on record with clubs going with what they've got and promoting kids I reckon.

Double edged sword where Jack is concerned.... can't see us going out and showing much ambition to convince him to stay, but equally can't see many clubs in the world willing to take an £80 million punt in the current financial climate.

just hope he dont go to man utd hate the way they have tried to unsettle him and turn his head like they used to in the 90s and i really hate the way they identify a player and then say what they want to pay for that player
its like there telling villa they are buying jack and £?? thats what we are going to give you for him GUESS WHAT man utd thats not how it works you say you would like to buy a player how much will he cost us and because its man utd and they have been so vocal in how much they want him id price him at £80 + million and add ons or £50 million + greenwood and williams and see how they like that the fuckin manc twats

just hope he dont go to man utd hate the way they have tried to unsettle him and turn his head like they used to in the 90s and i really hate the way they identify a player and then say what they want to pay for that player
its like there telling villa they are buying jack and £?? thats what we are going to give you for him GUESS WHAT man utd thats not how it works you say you would like to buy a player how much will he cost us and because its man utd and they have been so vocal in how much they want him id price him at £80 + million and add ons or £50 million + greenwood and williams and see how they like that the fuckin manc twats
Anyone read Darius Vassell article in the Meaning Evil.( Refuse to buy it,never understood how it seems to enjoy its negative attitude to the Villa)Quick look while Missus shopping. Darius argues that,for Jack,it's time to go.A key part of his piece is that he must go (Unless Villa get new owners). My opinion?,l would have chosen Massed and Wes from the Football Owners catalogue. Heard of FFP Darius?

Anyone read Darius Vassell article in the Meaning Evil.( Refuse to buy it,never understood how it seems to enjoy its negative attitude to the Villa)Quick look while Missus shopping. Darius argues that,for Jack,it's time to go.A key part of his piece is that he must go (Unless Villa get new owners). My opinion?,l would have chosen Massed and Wes from the Football Owners catalogue. Heard of FFP Darius?

The bloody idiot does he not know they are the 4th richest owners in English football, what the hell is he talking about new owners ffs

I think Jack has his head screwed on. Yes he's ambitious and so he should be. But he's best at the sort of club which is right for him. Villa sets a bar and the bar will be higher next season, if we survive. A lot to think about, mostly if/when serious offers come in. And think he will.

I think this summer's recruitment will be crucial for him. He doesn't want to keep on carrying the club on his own.

New owners? That is bizarre. We have very rich and successful (Wes in USA with his Franchise shows he can 'do' sport) owners.

I do think his time has come though, but our lot won't sell him cheap, that is for sure and nor should they.

This from a guy who tried to treat his in-growing toenail with a black and decker. Warning - results using this method may vary :lol:

We might have to if we go down.

That will surely have an impact, I think he'll go for £30 million less if we're a Championship club.
Sorry I just don't get that thinking. We are not in a position where we have to sell. He's on a long contract so if we don't get the market figure he stays.

Secondly I don't get it because if he's valued at 100m that's what he's worth. If some dick head (think Spurs) side come in and say we will give you £60m do you think Man u, Man C, etc will not compete and pay his true value?

Sorry I just don't get that thinking. We are not in a position where we have to sell. He's on a long contract so if we don't get the market figure he stays.

Yeah coz in football, players always honor contracts don't they?

Contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on, you must realise that by now.

Clubs will know Jack will be desperate to leave and will play on the fact. They'll know we won't want to keep an unhappy player against his will and they'll take advantage of that situation.

Yeah coz in football, players always honor contracts don't they?

Contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on, you must realise that by now.

Clubs will know Jack will be desperate to leave and will play on the fact. They'll know we won't want to keep an unhappy player against his will and they'll take advantage of that situation.

I don't think Super Jack would ever be "desperate" to leave us. More like it would break his heart to do so.

Desperate to leave... unhappy player... Where do you get this information from, Deano?

I haven't got the faintest what Jack is thinking. My guess is that he's not going to think about his position until the question arises and he sees what the future holds. If it arises.

I don't think Super Jack would ever be "desperate" to leave us. More like it would break his heart to do so.

Need to get real.

We can't be saying he's good enough for Madrid in one breath and then expecting him to stick with us in the Championship in the next.

He'll want to leave. No doubt. Maybe with a heavy heart hit he'll want out.