Clapping | Vital Football

Clapping

Even Channel 4 News for whom I have the highest respect joined in this farce.
Remember all that guff about Lady Di, how much the public appreciated and loved her yet directly/indirectly caused her death? Now avariciously reading shite about her youngest son and his wife.

I'd like to see how the general public treat our essential workers in a few years time after this crisis is over. Back to normal I suggest.

Hope I'm wrong.

NHS staff deserve our support with more equipment provided I don't think a clap makes any difference. I actually found it a bit cringeworthy & agree with the point you're making seeing it on the news.

Obviously there are good people that clap and want the best for NHS workers - just a feeling that quite a few clapping are just patting themselves on the back really, self congratulating themselves at how caring they are.

If we really care as a society for our emergency services we need to fully equip them all of the time not just in a time of crisis. The Police force numbers for example have been reduced massively under a Tory government yet they've come out and said how grateful they are for the key workers, bit sickening to be honest.

Thought it was just me lol.
Supply adequate equipment, provide extensive testing and stop all non essential movement or clapping - hard decision ffs.

I'm getting sick of these futile gestures,as you may have gathered. What f###i g use is clapping. If you really aporeciate these people then do something that actually helps them such as get protective equipment to them.

Why shouldn't people clap our workers ?
I for one will remain eternally grateful to our NHS , Police , Millitary , logistics and everyone else who will keep our country functioning through these difficult times.

I'm getting sick of these futile gestures,as you may have gathered. What f###i g use is clapping. If you really aporeciate these people then do something that actually helps them such as get protective equipment to them.
Well I work in medical supplies I can't work as I can't get tested.Things are tough across the system understandably every country in Europe and beyond wants every single item that is produced.We have just stuck two fingers up at Europe and guess where a lot of our goods have to come from?There are of course non European manufacturers USA and China yea right that sounds like they would be only too keen .We made our choice months ago without thinking this sort of thing was possible. The fact is you never know when you will need the person standing near to you .Or in countries case you never know when you need countries around you .

Why shouldn't people clap our workers ?
I for one will remain eternally grateful to our NHS , Police , Millitary , logistics and everyone else who will keep our country functioning through these difficult times.

Its the fact that this is organised government trivia when they are not doing an adequate job of protecting the nhs staff and country. I believe we all support those you mention.

I can’t stand it at football but got out onto the balcony this evening. It won’t lead to any extra equipment, Of course it won’t! I didn’t go to my Grandparents’ funeral thinking “this’ll help bring him back”, or “this’ll help find a cure for cancer”.

They’re looking at field hospitals due to the sudden surge of people being admitted to hospital due to a ludicrously contagious pandemic. I’ll give the Govt/NHS a bit of slack if they don’t have enough equipment to match this demand.

From what I can see from the other side of the globe is that Boris is having to play catch-up.
He dropped the ball with the herd immunity policy.
Whoever is doing the advising has got him on the right track at last.

It's not about lack of equipment , or your hatred of Boris/Tories/Trump.
It's about normal folk showing solidarity.
Some of you are sounding nasty .
The same fucking folk who engaged in panic buying and deprived NHS workers when they got off shift to find empty shelves; the same fucking folk who queued at supermarkets with their kids to stuff trolleys - they weren't two metres apart - and one infected person could easily pass on germs to two and a half people that in a week could be 400 or so and the same fucking folk who invaded parks and beaches and organised cycle races. And any of them dare to salute the NHS when their actions could lead to the deaths of some including NHS workers. We have every right to sound nasty because of those selfish bastards who jump on the clapping bandwagon.

From what I can see from the other side of the globe is that Boris is having to play catch-up.
He dropped the ball with the herd immunity policy.
Whoever is doing the advising has got him on the right track at last.
Cummings probably overruled the experts

Of course clapping isn't going to get the nhs workers the correct PPE, but this initiative was started as a way for the PUBLIC to show their appreciation to the selfless NHS workers for working tirelessly to keep as many of us safe and in some cases alive.

Speak to an NHS worker and see if they appreciated it, the couple I know said it boosted morale. One of those hadn't been home to see his kids for 11 days so he can go into work to save lives in an ICU unit. If you going outside and clapping is to much to ask, that's your choice, but please don't criticize those who choose to as their tiny (and probably only real way) of showing their thanks.

God some on here would turn anything into a political point.

It's a bit like the constant claims that the NHS is doing an amazing job over this virus. FFS, they do a terrific job all the time, it is merely that this job is stretching them to the limit, not that they have suddenly started doing an amazing job! I get fed up of the number of times that word has only recently been used as an adjective for the NHS work and workers.