#COVID19 | Page 84 | Vital Football

#COVID19

the real reason is it involved sending 10,000 ventilators to the EU and getting 3000 back and pretending the EU graciously donated them ;-)
I can't find any reference to that, either in the article or elsewhere.

The UK doesn't have 10,000 ventilators, so we wouldn't have been sending them to the EU no matter what. I suspect what you have said may have a bit of the whiffy bollocks about it. Or at least be one of those 'its a bit more complicated than that' things.

Jonathan Ashworth, the health minister, certainly seems to think they would have liked to sign up

I can't find any reference to that, either in the article or elsewhere.

The UK doesn't have 10,000 ventilators, so we wouldn't have been sending them to the EU no matter what. I suspect what you have said may have a bit of the whiffy bollocks about it. Or at least be one of those 'its a bit more complicated than that' things.

Jonathan Ashworth, the health minister, certainly seems to think they would have liked to sign up

;-)

Just want to point out as well that King Donald in the USA is not only planning to open the country up at Easter, but is revising the rules on social distancing. Not based on science, but based on his instinct.

Consequently, he is going to be responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans on top of the ones he has already helped to kill through his inadequacy so far

Just want to point out as well that King Donald in the USA is not only planning to open the country up at Easter, but is revising the rules on social distancing. Not based on science, but based on his instinct.

Consequently, he is going to be responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans on top of the ones he has already helped to kill through his inadequacy so far
Your forgetting that he had a knack for these things. Nobody can believe how much he knows about the subject. He is, or could have been, a world leading epidemiologist.

The shocking thing is that he'll probably be re-elected this year. The Democrats seem hellbent on maintaining the status quo by offering up the damp squib of Joe Biden as an alternative - a man most famous for being Obama's VP ... and for creepy YouTube compilations of him molesting kids. His most recent speeches display all the eloquence and senility of Grampa Simpson. Trump will eat him alive, I suspect.

I have had sometime to reflect on this utter bullshit & you should delete it & apologise. People are dying right now because there aren’t enough ventilators & you are peddling this obvious rubbish.

FFS. They say Brexiteers are the thick ones.

The shocking thing is that he'll probably be re-elected this year. The Democrats seem hellbent on maintaining the status quo by offering up the damp squib of Joe Biden as an alternative - a man most famous for being Obama's VP ... and for creepy YouTube compilations of him molesting kids. His most recent speeches display all the eloquence and senility of Grampa Simpson. Trump will eat him alive, I suspect.
In fairness, Bernie Sander's is primarily popular amongst an age group that simply don't turn up to vote in America; and haven't been in the primaries.

In fairness, Bernie Sander's is primarily popular amongst an age group that simply don't turn up to vote in America; and haven't been in the primaries.
However, there is a large constituent of Bernie supporters who will be unlikely to vote Biden despite the alternative. Unlike in the UK the left in the states will not currently accept a centrist whether "electable " or not. For the record, I don't think Biden is electable as is, and I think there is a similar political polarization in the UK as in the states however, the states have not had a brexit and they are in real terms a two party state. To me the only chance of dislodging Trump with Biden at the helm would be the US still in a state of escalating coronavirus crisis when the election rolls round in November. (But I suppose if anyone can sustain the upward curve that long it would be Donald!)

However, there is a large constituent of Bernie supporters who will be unlikely to vote Biden despite the alternative. Unlike in the UK the left in the states will not currently accept a centrist whether "electable " or not. For the record, I don't think Biden is electable as is, and I think there is a similar political polarization in the UK as in the states however, the states have not had a brexit and they are in real terms a two party state. To me the only chance of dislodging Trump with Biden at the helm would be the US still in a state of escalating coronavirus crisis when the election rolls round in November. (But I suppose if anyone can sustain the upward curve that long it would be Donald!)
And the American people (not even the Democrats) won't elect a woman despite having a fairly good candidate.

This coronavirus might take Biden before the election anyway..

The analyses that I have read has suggested that Democrats are going 'normal'. As in, they are counting on Americans wanting to vote for someone who is just a normal president after the insanity of the last four years.

Say what you like about Bernie, but he is much more radical than any normal candidate and only looks reasonable in comparison to Trump. If Bernie was up against a "normal" presidential candidate then Americans would usually be expected to run a mile. He's up against Biden and they are.

Against Trump he looks much more reasonable but the fear is that if Americans are presented with two candidates way outside the box they'll stick with the whacko they know.

Lots of problems with Biden; not least a fairly frequent suggestion that he may be in the early stages of dementia. But then again, catch Bernie in the wrong interview (and the wrong colour) and you worry how many more beats his heart has got.

What this whole thing has hopefully done is make the idea of insurance led healthcare dead in the water for any country currently running single payer (IE Brexit Britain)