Brexit Day! | Page 66 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been reading about Spain and their problems with Covid 19. Seems like they really got it wrong. The president of the European Commission ( any better?) bit quiet on that one as well.

As you may have garnered from a few of my posts I am not a huge fan of the EU, but I'm not sure what criticism they deserve at this moment.

The EU is probably wondering what clusterfuck will remain of their monetary union when this is done. At the moment it's every man for himself, Germany is committing €1 trillion to preserve its industrial and economic core, while Italy is giving the equivalent of a gelato to everyone.

Those that have got ammunition are using it but others can’t and European measures are very limited, which is being exposed at times like these.

It's not just Italy, the other Club Med countries may emerge with a shattered economy after this. Mass unemployment and industries broken. The Euro narrowly survived a depression a decade ago, this one so soon after could be fatal.

This mess is around to stay.

As you may have garnered from a few of my posts I am not a huge fan of the EU, but I'm not sure what criticism they deserve at this moment.

The EU is probably wondering what clusterfuck will remain of their monetary union when this is done. At the moment it's every man for himself, Germany is committing €1 trillion to preserve its industrial and economic core, while Italy is giving the equivalent of a gelato to everyone.

Those that have got ammunition are using it but others can’t and European measures are very limited, which is being exposed at times like these.

It's not just Italy, the other Club Med countries may emerge with a shattered economy after this. Mass unemployment and industries broken. The Euro narrowly survived a depression a decade ago, this one so soon after could be fatal.

This mess is around to stay.

So by that logic they are fireproof? They put them selves above problem solving when it comes down to it? What sort of organisation have they become?

Jesus Christ. What exactly are you expecting? Member states control their own healthcare, the EU has 0 policy making impact here. We aren't dictated to by them in any shape or form, countries responses are purely their own, read article 168. At most they can attempt to coordinate or advise.

For what it's worth these are some of the things they've done:

• Ensure the adequate supply of protective equipment and medical supplies across Europe;
  • Cushion the blow for people’s livelihoods and the economy by applying full flexibility of EU fiscal rules;
  • Set up a EUR 37 billion Coronavirus Response Investment Initiative to provide liquidity to small businesses and the health care sector.
  • Provide a coherent set of guidelines to Member States on border measures to protect citizens’ health while allowing the free flow of essential goods
  • Restrict temporarily non-essential travel to the European Union

Absolutely

Anyone who feels the need to say "my conscience is clear", clearly has something on their conscience.

These clowns destroyed labour as an electable force and then blamed everyone else when the inevitable happend

So you didnt like the Labour policies?

Who did you vote for

Because if you voted labour you are weapons grade hypocrite

Jesus Christ. What exactly are you expecting? Member states control their own healthcare, the EU has 0 policy making impact here. We aren't dictated to by them in any shape or form, countries responses are purely their own, read article 168. At most they can attempt to coordinate or advise.

For what it's worth these are some of the things they've done:

• Ensure the adequate supply of protective equipment and medical supplies across Europe;
  • Cushion the blow for people’s livelihoods and the economy by applying full flexibility of EU fiscal rules;
  • Set up a EUR 37 billion Coronavirus Response Investment Initiative to provide liquidity to small businesses and the health care sector.
  • Provide a coherent set of guidelines to Member States on border measures to protect citizens’ health while allowing the free flow of essential goods
  • Restrict temporarily non-essential travel to the European Union
Another smart arse comment that won't change anyone's mind.

Well that couldn't be any more disastrous for us, look where most of our trade is.

As a bloc the EU, but as a country it's far and away the United States, then Germany, Netherlands and France.
I am not predicting Germany, Netherlands and France will be buggered, I'm predicting the EU will. Germany will not want to bail out another failing economy and Italy most definitely will not accept a Troika-esque slap on them.

It's fooked, fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.