Coronavirus tipping point | Page 30 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

This little map of swiss areas affected by Coronavirus does point to this virus chiefly be spread by business people. The central areas are the areas of Zurich and Geneva plus the small Italian area to the south. The main tourist areas around the Alps are relatively clear.This is what has been the main problem and for the most part both here and around the world still is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...ns-have-been-most-affected-by-coronavirus/amp

I watched the video of Trump being interviewed and he comes across, as usual, as a dickhead.

There are people dying or seriously ill all over America yet "Easter is a very special day for me" yes he's somehow managed to make it all about himself again. Why anyone would want to defend Trump a man who always has his own interests at heart over the people is beyond me.

At least Boris is following the scientific advice although there is room for improvement and construction work needs to be shut as there clearly ain't two metres apart between those lot.

I 100% agree that Trump is a total dickhead Bromley, the point of my point was WK once again misquoting out of context and highlighting his Trump obsession.

I do sometimes wonder why he voted for him in the first place.

This little map of swiss areas affected by Coronavirus does point to this virus chiefly be spread by business people. The central areas are the areas of Zurich and Geneva plus the small Italian area to the south. The main tourist areas around the Alps are relatively clear.This is what has been the main problem and for the most part both here and around the world still is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...ns-have-been-most-affected-by-coronavirus/amp

That certainly seems to be the case Chris plus add in people living in close proximity like London and the South East

Down here in North Devon, which as you can imagine is quite rural, we have had just one confirmed case so far, bought down by someone from London.

If it isn't over then it would be ludicrous to have packed churches. You don't have to be a "leftie" to think that, surely.

Absolutely, but Trump never suggested people should go to church if it isn't over. I read his comments as being more on the context that if it was over by Easter then the churches would be packed (presumably people thanking God for getting them through the outbreak).

How on earth can you come to that conclusion? For starters, the Alps are sparsely populated and tourism has ceased.

The map of Europe compares cases by country without any regard of the size of each nation, their population and/or rate of infection.

Absolutely, but Trump never suggested people should go to church if it isn't over. I read his comments as being more on the context that if it was over by Easter then the churches would be packed (presumably people thanking God for getting them through the outbreak).
You read it wrong - there were no 'IFs'. You read something into it to support your opinion that wasn't there; plus, who on earth would even imagine that it would be over by Easter?

You read it wrong - there were no 'IFs'

I was basing my reading on the entire quote rather than the half quote you posted.

You are correct that he never uttered the actual word "if", but he never said "people should go out and pack churches for Easter" either.

I wrote to my MP this morning

I would like to point out that many workers are still being threatened and told to work in non essential jobs.This is killing people. My brother who manages a book warehouse is being told he has to work he is currently refusing on the grounds that doing so could kill someone. The prime minister address was chiefly aim at us the people. But the real problem around the world has chiefly been carried by business people and people working. A look at where it is spread to in countries around the world will tell you that.It has not hit tourist areas as bad as business areas.All flights should be grounded now.
I work in the health sector but I cant work as my son has a flu virus. I have had the flu jab and I believe I had the coronavirus virus but because of the lack of tests I can't prove that. So I can't work to save lives .I am isolated till early April that could as a result cost lives .

How on earth can you come to that conclusion? For starters, the Alps are sparsely populated and tourism has ceased.

The map of Europe compares cases by country without any regard of the size of each nation, their population and/or rate of infection.
If it is right to close sports venues because people are too close it is right to close airports and non essential businesses simple as that.Or am I to believe that everyone in the work places and Airports that remain open stay 2 metres apart.

Last edited:
If it is right to close sports venues because people are too close it is right to close airports and non essential businesses simple as that.Or am I to believe that everyone in the work places and Airports that remain open stay 2 metres apart.
I quite agree but that was not the thrust of your argument when you presented the article and it wasn't the option of the article either. Shotshy put it more succinctly.

I wrote to my MP this morning

I would like to point out that many workers are still being threatened and told to work in non essential jobs.This is killing people. My brother who manages a book warehouse is being told he has to work he is currently refusing on the grounds that doing so could kill someone. The prime minister address was chiefly aim at us the people. But the real problem around the world has chiefly been carried by business people and people working. A look at where it is spread to in countries around the world will tell you that.It has not hit tourist areas as bad as business areas.All flights should be grounded now.
I work in the health sector but I cant work as my son has a flu virus. I have had the flu jab and I believe I had the coronavirus virus but because of the lack of tests I can't prove that. So I can't work to save lives .I am isolated till early April that could as a result cost lives .
Your MPs office will be closed Chris

I see a 21 year old girl has now died of the virus, no previous health issues. Stay the feck inside, and only go out if it really is essential that you go out :-(

Also a small number of babies are getting it but its not being widely reported (from personal information).

They are not dying not the UK yet, they have abroad. I'm not getting the media are saying it's only the vulnerable who are dying, when it's not.

As usual 'dick head', your link makes my point.

It is a report by some journalist claiming (mis-understanding?) that some Govt. scientists were actively advocating 'herd immunity' as a 'policy'.....
.....which makes no sense - as scientists use 'herd immunity' to describe a natural phenomenon.

If you can produce the Govt. 'manifesto' that declares as a POLICY 'herd immunity' please do so.
While we’re talking about dick heads perhaps you’d care to explain why the UK won’t participate in the EU’s procurement scheme to obtain more PPE and ventilators apparently ”because it will undermine our Brexit negotiating position”.