EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus | Page 4 | Vital Football

EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus

In Holland it looks utterly lethal on those figures.
Clearly no common method for recording this but overall, this is definitely very deadly.

Fortunately I did finally get my working from home sorted today (just just in time).

Although quite what work I'll be needing to do is anyone's guess as the rest of the company may now pack up.
There was talk of seeing if we could make any of these ventilators but hard to see how you get to make something very different from usual products.
And now there may not be any staff in work to make anything at all.

We do work in the electricity generation sector (making electronic equipment that deals with any power cuts on the national grid). Our other sector is to do with emergency services communications systems. Guess both of those might be deemed in the necessary to keep going areas but need to see how things pan out.

Anyway, that's it, I'm now at home for good with my partner and stepdaughter.
Hope this keeps us safe and likewise for all fellow Imps out there and your loved ones.

Shame the BBC / ITV always give the number of cases and deaths . but never the recovered numbers and/or the difference between the total cases and active cases . Perhaps they dont like good news

If you've been following events you should know quite well the % of people who recover versus those who need hospitalisation versus those who need an ICU. They've been understood for some time now.

80% recover, around 12% require hospitalisation (and assistance such as oxygen) and around 5% require emergency intervention including ventilation etc.

If you're interested in active cases in the UK then the answer is we simply don't know, we haven't tested enough and we haven't tested enough for some weeks now, a very rough estimate would be to take the official figures and multiply them by a factor of 10 or 20....

If you've been following events you should know quite well the % of people who recover versus those who need hospitalisation versus those who need an ICU. They've been understood for some time now.

80% recover, around 12% require hospitalisation (and assistance such as oxygen) and around 5% require emergency intervention including ventilation etc.

If you're interested in active cases in the UK then the answer is we simply don't know, we haven't tested enough and we haven't tested enough for some weeks now, a very rough estimate would be to take the official figures and multiply them by a factor of 10 or 20....

I know of 5/6 people alone who have almost certainly got/had it in various guises. None of these have been tested so won't appear in any figures of cases.

Fortunately I did finally get my working from home sorted today (just just in time).

Although quite what work I'll be needing to do is anyone's guess as the rest of the company may now pack up.
There was talk of seeing if we could make any of these ventilators but hard to see how you get to make something very different from usual products.
And now there may not be any staff in work to make anything at all.

We do work in the electricity generation sector (making electronic equipment that deals with any power cuts on the national grid). Our other sector is to do with emergency services communications systems. Guess both of those might be deemed in the necessary to keep going areas but need to see how things pan out.

Anyway, that's it, I'm now at home for good with my partner and stepdaughter.
Hope this keeps us safe and likewise for all fellow Imps out there and your loved ones.

When we are working at home my particular section within our company are taking the opportunity to update all our processes and procedures documents. The ones we have said for ages need updating but have always put off.

If the level of infections is massively understated, then the death rate expressed as a percentage of infections, is correspondingly overstated.

If the level of infections is massively understated, then the death rate expressed as a percentage of infections, is correspondingly overstated.

Absolutely, the problem is we have no idea by how much and death rates vary so dramatically from country to country it's difficult to draw conclusions. If you want an experts opinion on death rates see my last post in the Coronavirus thread pinned to the top of this page. Compares Italy and China...

I notice FGR have taken use of the government's support scheme to furlough all staff.

I can see quite a few football clubs doing so in the coming days as the scheme is rolled out (if it hasn't already).

I notice FGR have taken use of the government's support scheme to furlough all staff.

I can see quite a few football clubs doing so in the coming days as the scheme is rolled out (if it hasn't already).
Luke, 'furlough', that is a corker :bow: