Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 24 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

"I do wonder what the breaking point will be though, for many of us."
I suspect the breaking point JF will be the day we die.
It doesnt matter what life throws at us, we still either go to the Villa or we look out for the result if we cant get there or if we have lost interest for whatever reason.
Its a difficult thing to shake off regardless of who you support and as bad as the outlook is at the moment times will change and interest will be rekindled.
It all just seems a bit irrelavent at this point in time.

VTID

You are right mate.

I have still not seen one reason as to why the season should not be cancelled other than monetary . If they even attempt to play matches whilst people are still dying or suffering from this plague they can all fuck off , a lot of fans of other clubs are starting to sing of the same hym sheet , give plop the title if they want it that bad .

It isn't that it needs to be done now pvb. They should suspend the thing indefinitely, fine. But see no reason why... actually, fuck it. I really don't care, hope the clubs can come to a consensus and the fans are shafted, but really, whatever!!

I do applaud the leagues coming to the right conclusion the other week and suspending games for our greater good.

What will be will be.

Thanks for sticking around Vital Villans, it is appreciated, it has taken 15 years to build this business (across all sites) and it feels like it could take such a short time to decimate it!

Your loyalty is noted and appreciated. Hope we can all get through this together.

Haven’t been on for a few days as there really isn’t much to talk about re. Villa or football generally at the moment and tbh it’s far from the front of my mind like it normally is, some strange and worrying times at the moment. I’m watching sky news more than sky sports news for once and getting a bit more out of my Netflix subscription. Talking of which, if you do have Netflix there’s a couple of new football related things on there at the moment... first of all ‘The English Game’, a series about the origins of the game, Downton Abbey for men if you like. Second of all ‘Ultras’, a fictional film set in Naples. Both alright, not gonna win any awards but watchable at least. April 1st sees the return of ‘Sunderland ‘til I Die’, looking forward to that coming back, last one was good. Wonder who’s decision it was to release it on April Fools day?

Stay safe, heed the advice and we’ll be back at Villa Park before you know it.

I have still not seen one reason as to why the season should not be cancelled other than monetary . If they even attempt to play matches whilst people are still dying or suffering from this plague they can all fuck off , a lot of fans of other clubs are starting to sing of the same hym sheet , give plop the title if they want it that bad .
You only had to see the pictures of rows of cars and crowds in parks yesterday to come to the conclusion that it should be cancelled and made null and void. The stupidity of people would not be able to stop themselves from forming groups of fans in some place to watch the matches.
There is a uncaring element emerging in our society now and my wife heard some fuckwit who was out walking by us yesterday saying that it will be a good thing if young people catch it as it will provide some immunity - yeah for you pal, but there will be hundreds who will die before they get any immunity. I just hope it isn't your parents or loved ones.

Well, it's just got very real for me as my brother has self isolated. I think we will start to hear a lot more about people we know and love being affected and to be quite frank I really don't give a monkey's nut about relegation, should Dean Smith stay or go or anything else related to the possibility of finishing the season.

I reiterate the person who posted "best signing this year" needs to think long and hard about their values and what is appropriate to post at this time.

Still silly stories persist with regard to the Premier League restarting fixtures and cramming them into a short period of time.
I am at a loss to imagine, given that some players now have this virus, how social distancing will operate in a contact sport, or are the FA going too rewrite the rules again, this time to accomodate Covid19 as opposed to VAR. Thinking about it this could be the turning point in our season, especially in our midfield where the ability to tackle is sadly lacking, and no contact would be right up our street.
No tackling could become the norm, together with no heading to ease worries with regard to Dementia issues.
Could be a completely different game that re-emerges next season.

Still silly stories persist with regard to the Premier League restarting fixtures and cramming them into a short period of time.
I am at a loss to imagine, given that some players now have this virus, how social distancing will operate in a contact sport.
And one player gets it and then passes it on to team mates and the opposition and then they have teams asking for games to be cancelled because they have sick players who are having to self-isolate and it goes around and around and if they have ball boys, they could pass it on to families etc. And in addition there will need to be police and St John crews who could be better deployed elsewhere.
Until we have at least a month without new cases, then just forget about football and concentrate on living.

Club doctors saying players will need 5 weeks of training to protect their bodies rather than being thrust immediately back into the rigors of full bloodied games.

Plus you have those who are weak after recovering from the virus, surely it will be dangerous for them to resume immediately if a resumption is agreed.

If it does resume the games will resemble pre-season friendlies.

Club doctors saying players will need 5 weeks of training to protect their bodies rather than being thrust immediately back into the rigors of full bloodied games.

Plus you have those who are weak after recovering from the virus, surely it will be dangerous for them to resume immediately if a resumption is agreed.

If it does resume the games will resemble pre-season friendlies.
But that doesnt matter Fulford, the Premier League will have its precious brand restored and its finance stream back up and flowing.

This season has gone. Write it off. There's no way in which it could be completed in a way which is anything like normal, or without a huge lottery in terms of player's fitness, availability and hence match results. Nobody would get anything out of it, and plenty of sourness at the results. Scrap it.

This season has gone. Write it off. There's no way in which it could be completed in a way which is anything like normal, or without a huge lottery in terms of player's fitness, availability and hence match results. Nobody would get anything out of it, and plenty of sourness at the results. Scrap it.
Give Klopp and the Plop the title though. If they don't there will be a total disregard for social distancing as there will be protest marches, candlelit vigils and sit ins all around the country at the injustice.

The most important thing is that Liverpool are crowned champions and the season finishes, matters not that people are losing loved ones, being isolated from there parents for fear of one of them dying if they get a sniff of this virus, people losing there jobs, people losing there minds in supermarkets and the NHS pushed to its limits. I'm starting to look at football in a whole different way and for the record if we got relegated as a result of the season ending I couldn't give a shit, I really couldn't.

Haven’t been on for a few days as there really isn’t much to talk about re. Villa or football generally at the moment and tbh it’s far from the front of my mind like it normally is, some strange and worrying times at the moment. I’m watching sky news more than sky sports news for once and getting a bit more out of my Netflix subscription. Talking of which, if you do have Netflix there’s a couple of new football related things on there at the moment... first of all ‘The English Game’, a series about the origins of the game, Downton Abbey for men if you like. Second of all ‘Ultras’, a fictional film set in Naples. Both alright, not gonna win any awards but watchable at least. April 1st sees the return of ‘Sunderland ‘til I Die’, looking forward to that coming back, last one was good. Wonder who’s decision it was to release it on April Fools day?

Stay safe, heed the advice and we’ll be back at Villa Park before you know it.

Don't forget our witton lane, lots of talk of films, what to watch and other nonsense in there, be good if we all stuck together!

Must say the saliant point as we've already said is St Johns and other medical staff are needed elsewhere.

Also, one of the symptoms is a real shortage of breath. I've been self isolating since last monday, if I walk around too much or get on the phone to my parents, I'm puffing and panting. No way could players just get over this and be back playing quickly. And it would 100% not be fair for teams to play with a few players self isolating that they might have wanted to choose.

Extraordinary times, so hopefully they can all come to a sensible conclusion. It isn't as if this is going away any time soon is it.

God, I miss the good old days when Brexit seemed like life and death!

I agree with some of the above comments in that I’m not really missing Villa/football at the moment (I do enjoy other hobbies too unlike some of my mates who are pretty much suicidal), I love football and I’ll be glad when it’s back but it really is trivial right now and I think those in charge of the game are really quite deluded if they think it’s gonna be back anytime soon, players will pretty much need a ‘pre season’ to get back up to speed to finish the current season. I honestly think they might as well bin the season off and those in the championship need to accept what’s happened is out of anyone’s hands, opening lawsuits when thousands are dying is just ridiculous. They can relegate us too if they like I don’t really care, let Liverpool have their precious league title as no one will be there to see it anyway and by the time they do what’ll be the point?! The moment would’ve long passed in my opinion. Scrap the season and put it down to bad luck, Mother Nature whatever.

Yup. These players are elite athletes trained to a high level of fitness. I would imagine whatever they are doing at the moment they are losing fitness and by the time it is possible to start playing football again which looks like being a fair way off they will need a decent period of training to get back to that level.