Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 23 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

Has anyone been able to suspend sky sports successfully online yet ? Website keeps freezing for me. I fucking hate sky

Has anyone been able to suspend sky sports successfully online yet ? Website keeps freezing for me. I fucking hate sky

not yet website doesn't work and the phoneline wanted a call from the number they have registered for our account so I thought feck I can't be arsed with this

Absolute scumbag c***s , it just freezes says high demand -

The words From Satan below

Thank you for waiting

We are currently experiencing a high volume of visitors, so it may take a little longer to help with your request.
Rest assured, our first priority is ensuring that you continue to get the very best service we can provide throughout these challenging times.
There's no need to refresh your page or call us, we'll be with you as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience.

Just paused mine . Give this a try.

Started through My Sky app.

Click on find out more in the Covid19 update section .
Will take you sky website .
Find sky sports
Click on pause sports button
Login .
Agree t and c's
Click on pause.

Will get screen saying thanks for order.

The strange thing is I’m beginning not to miss football or even think about it all that much. It must be like some kind of drug, if it’s there you keep taking it. The situation has also highlighted for me the mad and unpalatable truth of how we’re encouraging obscene payments to these guys some of whom who are being nursed back to health by someone whose annual pay would be swallowed in a couple of days of theirs. What is it all about I ask?
I have always felt that in part, football is a distraction to the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune that everybody faces in their lives at some time. A time to switch off from the harsh realities of the real world and lose ourselves in a world of make believe and fantasy.
I’m sure I’ll change this depressing view when it all begins again. Probably because I’ll be more than ready to return to the fantasy after the nightmare of Coronavirus.
The nightmare of the zombie-like panic buyers is of equal concern. ...

Paused sky sports successfully. Felt really good. You still get the channels, not that there's much on obviously. Tomorrow they are showing Leeds entire season back to back (highlights) between noon and 6pm, WTF !!

With every news report that I see, I get more worried about being able to contain this disease.
Sky put forward an intense calendar this morning that shows that the season and the European Cup competitions can be completed by June. I cannot see that there is any chance of it happening and if they try the games will be behind closed doors and no TV broadcasts. There are idiots still going out for drinks and now they are flocking to the coast. Streaming matches will lead to crowds forming and that will only undue the work that is being done.
For the sake of the NHS, the elderly and vulnerable and many others who will lose their lives, just come out and null and void the whole lot and start again once we have won this global war against an invisible enemy.

Whatever happens and going by past decisions etc then I would imagine the Premier League and Sky will make a final decision to put money first and general society second ...........IF they can get away with it?

They will both bust a gut to ensure this season's fixtures finish so they don't financially lose out and that would even be the remaining games played behind closed doors with the games televised to paying customers?

With people dying all around us you'd think common sense would prevail but to these greedy bastards, it's all about profits and revenues.

I may sound cynical but that's the way they have made me through sheer greed since the commencement of the Premier League/Sky partnership in 1992 and if it wasn't for my love of the Villa, then I would have turned my back on it a long time ago.

Last edited:
Whatever happens and going by past decisions etc then I would imagine the Premier League and Sky will make a final decision to put money first and general society second ...........IF they can get away with it?

I would have been saying the same thing up until recently. I have often referred to Sky as $ky and modern football as £00tball

However, a pause for thought, was when the Government should have but didn't cancel fixtures in football (and other sports) and the sports themselves stepped in and did it. That includes the Premier League and the Champions League, both the richest of all leagues and the ones with much £ to lose

Still think, no matter when, this season should be concluded before they start a new one, even if that means next year it is completed and we then have a few mini tournaments, or concentrate on cup matches.

Contract wise, it would be a litigation nightmare not promoting teams, not giving the leaders their due and also relegation could be a major legal problem.

I may sound cynical but that's the way they have made me through sheer greed since the commencement of the Premier League/Sky partnership in 1992 and if it wasn't for my love of the Villa, then I would have turned my back on it a long time ago.

Yes, feel the same, compounded by being moved from my seat this season. That made me feel very detached. Told myself I didn't care anymore, but then, when we are losing, I am sitting there seething, and same as all of you, my passion in discussions on this forum are clear.

I do wonder what the breaking point will be though, for many of us.

Clubs have problems in that a lot of players are self-isolating. Putting on matches before the virus is cleared means that it's a lottery what sort of team a club could put out. That alone I think means it'll be some time before we see matches played.

With every news report that I see, I get more worried about being able to contain this disease.

We will contain it mate, it just takes extreme measures, the UK was too slow and honestly so was the rest of the west. So we'll find out in the next two weeks how slow we all were to act.

There was a man working with the WHO (who I actually think is Irish) and he said and it looks like he will be proven right that you have to just act and no measure can be seen as too extreme. You can't wait to be certain you just have to act and worry about that later. Too many countries waited to be certain and in the US hospitals in big cities are overwhelmed because of slow decision making.

Mate best thing to do is shut off the news and try to chat to family. Me and woman last night almost forgot it was even happening when we watched some stupid movie and had a glass of whiskey.

We will contain it mate, it just takes extreme measures, the UK was too slow and honestly so was the rest of the west. So we'll find out in the next two weeks how slow we all were to act.

There was a man working with the WHO (who I actually think is Irish) and he said and it looks like he will be proven right that you have to just act and no measure can be seen as too extreme. You can't wait to be certain you just have to act and worry about that later. Too many countries waited to be certain and in the US hospitals in big cities are overwhelmed because of slow decision making.

Mate best thing to do is shut off the news and try to chat to family. Me and woman last night almost forgot it was even happening when we watched some stupid movie and had a glass of whiskey.
Yep - I suppose you are right. I will need to panic buy on Whiskey then 😂🤣

At the moment I just feel like I have been sent to my room and asked to reflect on my actions.

"I do wonder what the breaking point will be though, for many of us."
I suspect the breaking point JF will be the day we die.
It doesnt matter what life throws at us, we still either go to the Villa or we look out for the result if we cant get there or if we have lost interest for whatever reason.
Its a difficult thing to shake off regardless of who you support and as bad as the outlook is at the moment times will change and interest will be rekindled.
It all just seems a bit irrelavent at this point in time.

Clubs have problems in that a lot of players are self-isolating. Putting on matches before the virus is cleared means that it's a lottery what sort of team a club could put out. That alone I think means it'll be some time before we see matches played.

and as JuanMourep pointed out to me in a private chat, for each match, you do need medical staff and their focus is very obviously elsewhere.