RIP Jonah | Vital Football

RIP Jonah

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Sad to say I've just been told by Trekker who was in close contact with his family, that Jonah has passed.

He hasn't been on here for a while, for a variety of reasons, but was an integral part of Vital Villa for a decade.

He was also a mate in the real world for a few of us and will be missed.

Go in peace Jonah, your fight v that fucking disease was admirable in so many ways.

Thoughts with Young Jonah and the rest of the family at this hard time.

I went to see him up in Hull last week in the Hospice. He was tired, but still cracking the odd joke at my expense. He fought bravely as we knew he would and with the stoicism we expected.
He loved the Villa and despite the upheaval of the last few years, moving to the states (then returning) he kept following despite the distance. Fears anecdote about Liverpool Steve was typical of him. We sat next to each other at one stage in the Upper Trinity like Stadler and Waldorf from the muppet show and we sank more than a few Ma Pardoes.
I will miss him a lot.

Top man - not really sure what else to say.

Thoughts with the family and RIP matey.

Love the interesting thread suggestion :utv:

I'm very sorry to hear this sad news.

Sincere thoughts of condolence go out to his family and many friends on this site.

Rest In Peace Jonah.

I went to see him up in Hull last week in the Hospice. He was tired, but still cracking the odd joke at my expense. He fought bravely as we knew he would and with the stoicism we expected.
He loved the Villa and despite the upheaval of the last few years, moving to the states (then returning) he kept following despite the distance. Fears anecdote about Liverpool Steve was typical of him. We sat next to each other at one stage in the Upper Trinity like Stadler and Waldorf from the muppet show and we sank more than a few Ma Pardoes.
I will miss him a lot.

His lack of mercy to you over beer being one of the funny things. You talking about proper real ale, Jonah saying "just get me a decent beer, like lager."

The other day I nearly started a thread for Vital Villans MIA, and was thinking about Jonah and a few others who made this forum what fun it has been over the years

RIP Jonah, thoughts with the family

I will miss him a lot.

Mark, one of my most cherished memories is of the three of us getting together in the Upper Trinity on the first day of the 2010/2011 season watching Villa put West Ham to the sword. (Huey, Loue and Dewey perhaps?)
I had a huge affection for him and always felt that if all our lives had taken a different kind of course the three of us might have been great mates.
RIP me old droogie.

This is real sad. Only ever met him once but known him for well over 10 years on here and fb. A know a good egg, and he was.

Thoughts with his family at this time. At ease now, soldier.