Coronavirus | Page 44 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I'm not exactly sure, I don't know if it varies from person to person, but the flat rate for jobseekers allowance is €203 a week after being means tested.

Those up to 24 get £57.10 per week. Over 25 get £73-10 per week. Thats the same rates on jobseekers as it was known (Now Universal Credit job seekers) and assessment stage of Universsl Credit sick pay.

On top of that you get rent and council tax paid. If you own your own property your stuffed as you have to wait 9 months before you get help with that

Those up to 24 get £57.10 per week. Over 25 get £73-10 per week. Thats the same rates on jobseekers as it was known (Now Universal Credit job seekers) and assessment stage of Universsl Credit sick pay.

On top of that you get rent and council tax paid. If you own your own property your stuffed as you have to wait 9 months before you get help with that

Right, so you get rent paid along with the welfare money, is that how it works? In Ireland you have to apply separately for rent allowance, which used to be easy but now is a pain in the arse, and I'd know because I had to when I went back to college. I think it covers roughly 60% of the monthly rent.

I actually think it may be better to make an impactful decision which is quite extreme with immediate effect so that people do it, and are shell shocked into doing it. As an outsider currently in Spain, it’s interesting to see the tactics and like a few rebel British and Northern Europeans tourists we disobeyed and got marched back by the police (although legitimately to the shop in my case).

If the govt drip feeds restrictions in and we are seeing deaths in the 10’s or 100’s, it won’t warrant the understanding of 60m people to obey the orders.

What are you doing in Spain, Dan?

Advice is very clear to me, and it makes my work extremely problematic. I am picking up a laptop left outside someones front door tomorrow! Common sense is needed, and judging by the pathetic bulk buying in supermarkets, to enforce a lockdown straight away would lead to riots on the streets. Better to get the majority of decent people doing it voluntarily and then get heavy handed with the selfish arseholes later. Im expecting the kids to be off school by the weekend, to last to a week after Easter. So I'm planning some garden work and spring clean and a bit of DIY for a few weeks.
I agree with all of this.

Chris_Whitty_2018.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Whitty

Chris Whitty has a very impressive CV, I hope this continues to be led by the science.

St Patrick's Day - and a very different one.
No parades, no pubs, no sporting events. It'll be memorable.
Our residents' group has come up with the idea of us all either standing at our doors or opening our windows at midday and singing (or playing) together an old Irish school song called "Óro sé do Bheatha Bhaile". It can be roughly translated as "Welcome home, now that summer's coming".
Here it is, performed by the Dubliners.
I'm sure all of you will want to join in at twelve o'clock.

Bored of corona already. Can we get back onto Brexit?

There is a connection, particularly in Northern Ireland!
The nationalist parties, broadly speaking, are remainers whereas the unionists are leavers. Right now, the nationalists want to follow the lead of the Republic, closing schools, pubs etc, whereas the unionists are repeating the "let's follow the scientific advice" mantra.
Predictably disappointing that even on a matter of life and death (potentially) the ancient differences remain.

There is a connection, particularly in Northern Ireland!
The nationalist parties, broadly speaking, are remainers whereas the unionists are leavers. Right now, the nationalists want to follow the lead of the Republic, closing schools, pubs etc, whereas the unionists are repeating the "let's follow the scientific advice" mantra.
Predictably disappointing that even on a matter of life and death (potentially) the ancient differences remain.

Is that connected to brexit or just the natural way the 50:50 population will always swing to on all matters? The nationalists to the republic and the unionists to the U.K.

And I voted for Brexit as did most of the people I know, and I am not in that age group, so a bit of a lazy stereotype.

And I voted for Brexit as did most of the people I know, and I am not in that age group, so a bit of a lazy stereotype.

Let’s hope the hundreds of thousands of Spanish, Portuguese and Polish nurses, care workers, delivery drivers and lorry drivers haven’t gone home just yet, we like them again for 12 more weeks :ooops:

Just reading Boris wants companies to start making ventilators, whether they are ventilating manufacturing companies or not.

So a company has to design, purchase the machinery, test, comply with health regulations to then be used on real life patients within the next 3 months, or the kit will be obsolete to some degree.

Another top idea from the Eton clown. What a man to have in charge.

Last edited: