COBRA | Page 8 | Vital Football

COBRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all accounts, there's been nothing done (until perhaps today) about quarantining people returning over the last month from Italy. I heard a cabinet minister interviewed on radio yesterday and he was really clueless. When asked why nothing was done to even check those landing back Italy, he simply had no answers.
Yet the overwhelming number of newly reported cases over the last couple of weeks or so have been people returning from Italy.
Other countries quarantined all people returning from China Italy etc but not us people were just allowed through with zero restrictions.
Almost like the government want us all to get it.

Other countries quarantined all people returning from China Italy etc but not us people were just allowed through with zero restrictions.
Almost like the government want us all to get it.

17 flights arrived from Milan to the UK on Monday, not a single passenger was tested, screened or advised to self isolate, they just walked through customs and into the world. The UK government says the cabin crews are being assigned to spot the passengers with the symptoms, this utterly beggars belief.

17 flights arrived from Milan to the UK on Monday, not a single passenger was tested, screened or advised to self isolate, they just walked through customs and into the world. The UK government says the cabin crews are being assigned to spot the passengers with the symptoms, this utterly beggars belief.

That really is appalling. Cabin crew could not even start to be expected to diagnose this!
Plus we keep getting told most can carry the virus with no noticeable symptons either at all or that they are still early in the 14 day incubation period (if that's even correct).

I do know that someone returned from Italy to Shetland. They are now the diagnosed case up there. On return (with no checks) thet promptly went out for the evening at a packed theatre venue in Lerwick.
Every person at that event is now in possible danger plus anyone else the carrier came upon prior to diagnosis.
Shetland might have expected to be the final remote bastion of clear health, instead the whole population there has been endangered.
And all because of total neglect by the Government, there and all over the UK.
Madness.

It proves how slapdash they are when one of them has it was a meeting with the cabinet Friday and it appears that she may have infected a couple and now they were coughing and sneezing in parliament today.

That really is appalling. Cabin crew could not even start to be expected to diagnose this!
Plus we keep getting told most can carry the virus with no noticeable symptons either at all or that they are still early in the 14 day incubation period (if that's even correct).

I do know that someone returned from Italy to Shetland. They are now the diagnosed case up there. On return (with no checks) thet promptly went out for the evening at a packed theatre venue in Lerwick.
Every person at that event is now in possible danger plus anyone else the carrier came upon prior to diagnosis.
Shetland might have expected to be the final remote bastion of clear health, instead the whole population there has been endangered.
Madness.

We're in the throes of community spread of the virus, it's now completely out of anyone's hands about how far it spreads and how fast. The Rnought rate is 1.15 so we can expect to hit a thousand cases around Monday, and that is a thousand known cases, not the actual number. There are only 2 possible measures to slow it's progress. Good personal hygiene and community distancing, other than that we have as much agency as a peasant in the middle ages during a plague. The later we do this the sharper the spike in cases and the more pressure we place on our creaking health service and our (soon to be overwhelmed) health staff, who I suspect will rise once again heroically to the challenge.

If the example from Italy is anything to go by those health staff will have to choose who lives and who dies on a daily basis because we won't be able to support the 20% of people who will need hospital treatment and keep the ordinary business of saving lives via operations and surgery going.
I don't suppose any of the those complete tosser in the houses of parliament have any concept of what they are about to ask these people to go through, and for relatively little financial reward. But hey, who gives a f**k about them as long as Cheltenham goes ahead and footballer don't handshake before a game.

It proves how slapdash they are when one of them has it was a meeting with the cabinet Friday and it appears that she may have infected a couple and now they were coughing and sneezing in parliament today.

With 20% of those who catch it being either asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic at any one time it's not about being slapdash it just demonstrates how the virus spreads so effectively and is almost impossible to stop.

Madness.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the virus has already been with us since the new year. There's so much varying information out there but it does seem that people can carry the virus for days (five was the last report i heard) without showing any symptoms ,indeed may possibly never show any symptoms. A time line in the papers over the weekend said the Chinese raised the alarm on new years eve about a significant rise in cases of pneumonia, but flights wern't stopped till around the 21st jan . That's a massive window of opportunity for the virus to have been brought back here, particularly in the period just after Christmas to new year as no one was being tested at all then.
Here in south Lincs there was a particularly nasty flu type bug that spread like wildfire in January which incidentally started with a cough and a fever. My wife has astma and i dont mind telling you it was frightening , she was struggling. I spoke to a chap today in his fifties who was one of many who caught it at the same time and he has problems with his immune system and ended up hospitalized. It took the whole month to get rid of the cough and some i've spoken to even longer. Whilst flu is obviously very similar, the having the cough first is unusual, its back to front, it usually ends with a cough, well with me it does anyway. They reckon we've had around 600 deaths since the new year which have been put down to seasonal flu, but again, none of these were specifically tested for corona virus.
I may be wrong but other people round here are also starting to wonder if we've already had it, or maybe wishful thinking and we've still got it to look forward to. It was clearly very contagious so presume Lincoln and other areas had it too?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the virus has already been with us since the new year. There's so much varying information out there but it does seem that people can carry the virus for days (five was the last report i heard) without showing any symptoms ,indeed may possibly never show any symptoms. A time line in the papers over the weekend said the Chinese raised the alarm on new years eve about a significant rise in cases of pneumonia, but flights wern't stopped till around the 21st jan . That's a massive window of opportunity for the virus to have been brought back here, particularly in the period just after Christmas to new year as no one was being tested at all then.
Here in south Lincs there was a particularly nasty flu type bug that spread like wildfire in January which incidentally started with a cough and a fever. My wife has astma and i dont mind telling you it was frightening , she was struggling. I spoke to a chap today in his fifties who was one of many who caught it at the same time and he has problems with his immune system and ended up hospitalized. It took the whole month to get rid of the cough and some i've spoken to even longer. Whilst flu is obviously very similar, the having the cough first is unusual, its back to front, it usually ends with a cough, well with me it does anyway. They reckon we've had around 600 deaths since the new year which have been put down to seasonal flu, but again, none of these were specifically tested for corona virus.
I may be wrong but other people round here are also starting to wonder if we've already had it, or maybe wishful thinking and we've still got it to look forward to. It was clearly very contagious so presume Lincoln and other areas had it too?

Hmm interesting and worrying too.

And reports this morning that playing football behind closed doors could be announced anytime soon.
If so, wonder if that would apply to all levels of football or just professional football where the crowds are over a certain size?

Hmm interesting and worrying too.

And reports this morning that playing football behind closed doors could be announced anytime soon.
If so, wonder if that would apply to all levels of football or just professional football where the crowds are over a certain size?

A friend of my boss at work, works for Rolls Royce in China, she was told in no uncertain terms that she would not be returning to China after the Xmas break, presumably because the staff at Rolls Royce have information at a high level in China. My boss told me this the 2nd week in January. It's been happening in China since before Xmas...

Just football? Or all sporting events. Managed to get the donkey derby at Cheltenham done!. Theatre and cinemas, shopping malls etc. Best just stay at home under the blankets/duvet to be on the safe side!!

I'm not aware the UK government has been ignoring medical advice?

Well either they have been ignoring it, or else they've had crap advice, as it's plain common sense to have been quarantining everybody returning from Italy in particular for quite some time now, yet they did zero about it.
Most cases the media reports are from people coming back from Italy.

They had the planeload of people from China at the start of this all locked up on the Wirral yet haven't repeated that exercise with anyone else.
That's what is so odd and so totally negligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.