WBA v NUFC | Page 3 | Vital Football

WBA v NUFC

All of the remaining teams will be hoping to draw us.

The minute we come under any kind of pressure we fall apart. We struggle to pass the ball and make the wrong decisions time after time. You times wonder if any of them have a football brain.

Moving on from the post that started this thread, NUFC scored 3 against West Brom. Otherwise, it will be interesting to see which other stats repeat themselves this season.

Also, change Liverpool for Premier League runners up.

Last edited:
Let's just celebrate a win, albeit narrow, a against a reserve side from the league below us.

So porkies told his Ma he's not going home for his tea,fat **** needs to lose a few stone anyway.
For what its worth,still good to see us in the proverbial hat despite the parasite at the helm,think Lazaro looks a decent player too.

Another plus for the evening, Neppos and PieMag are on the same hymn sheet. It looks like a night of bringing people together.

Another plus for the evening, Neppos and PieMag are on the same hymn sheet. It looks like a night of bringing people together.
Unfounded slander i'll be seeing you on Judge Rinder if you persist.

In fairness to Neppos though although divided by our opinions on Ashley and Benitez we are always bound by our unconditional love of NUFC....right Neps old bean.. *taps side of fist over heart,which on this forum sadly is a rarity.

Unfortunately I didn't get to watch the game live but we are in the QF of the FA cup for the first time in 14 years........ right ?

Surely that's a welcome change after the ambition shown by the previous manager.

So much negativity :rolleyes:

For the football purists and critics that are so obviously unhappy there was a game on BBC 1 you could have watched,Chelsea v Liverpool I think.

For me the only real surprise of the night was that so many chose to watch Broocie and his team of their own volition hopefully the five goal thriller entertained you all. :grinning:

In my 40 odd years of existence ive lived and breathed every emotion possible when following the toon but the Ashley years have ripped the heart out of it and I feel massively detached from it all although i enjoy every good performance (if we get any) or win.

That said, it would be typical of what's happened after Rafa for 'us' to win something as if to shut up those of us that have hated everything anti-Newcastle United about the Ashley tenure. Hopefully those that get a ticket to watch us in the flesh don't miss the recording on their mobile of us climbing the Wembley steps to lift the trophy in order not to miss their candy crush fix.

Aye Pie,some on here myself included enjoyed tonight,got carried away with the whiff of the f.a.cup,some don't give a fuck & some wanted us knocked out,we all care in some shape or form.The poison still remains & the apathy is fkn shameless.Don't get your obsession with the previous manager,there's no difference between him & the idiot now.The problem doesn't lie with them,they're both complicit.

In my 40 odd years of existence ive lived and breathed every emotion possible when following the toon but the Ashley years have ripped the heart out of it and I feel massively detached from it all although i enjoy every good performance (if we get any) or win.

That said, it would be typical of what's happened after Rafa for 'us' to win something as if to shut up those of us that have hated everything anti-Newcastle United about the Ashley tenure. Hopefully those that get a ticket to watch us in the flesh don't miss the recording on their mobile of us climbing the Wembley steps to lift the trophy in order not to miss their candy crush fix.
I stopped reading when you mentioned rafa.

Aye Pie,some on here myself included enjoyed tonight,got carried away with the whiff of the f.a.cup,some don't give a fuck & some wanted us knocked out,we all care in some shape or form.The poison still remains & the apathy is fkn shameless.Don't get your obsession with the previous manager,there's no difference between him & the idiot now.The problem doesn't lie with them,they're both complicit.
It's not that I even expect anything good to come from this run Ry,Bruce is tactically not good enough to get us past Sheff Utd who struggled against Reading never mind Chelsea.
It's not impossible to go further but we would require massive doses of luck.

I just don't get how the same people that were optimistic last year are now anti NUFC !

I hope the same people don't have teenage kids....

This is my dilemma with a cup run

Do I want a good cup run? - Of course I do because lack of ambition has always been Ashley's greatest failing here -

Do I want to win a cup under Ashley's unambitious, restrictive regime with a manager that shouldn't really be anywhere near Newcastle United in 2020 ? - I'm not entirely sure. I don't think Ashley deserves any success and I think a cup win would in some minds justify a whole lot of wrongs. I just can't get my head round it but my emotions always want us to win

I look at the 5,000 fans there last night, singing their hearts out (the sheep as others like to refer to them) and I think get the fuck in lads, enjoy it as much as I used to enjoy away games

But it is always tainted by the fact the fat fucker couldn't really care less whether we win, lose or draw

No idea whatsoever what this post is about really but I think it was on the back of PM mentioning unconditional love of the club - I reckon that's true of me but its fucking difficult at times

Nice interplay between Manquillo and Lazaro, well done Joe and Almiron showing why Rafa wanted him..
:grinning:
January 2019 Almiron signs for us
July 2019, Benitez follows the money

Good signing by Ashley for a reputed 20 odd million,should yield a nice profit for the slug.

January 2019 Almiron signs for us
July 2019, Benitez follows the money

Of course that's if you believe Ashley's version of events.

I tend not to believe proven liars.

This is my dilemma with a cup run

Do I want a good cup run? - Of course I do because lack of ambition has always been Ashley's greatest failing here -

Do I want to win a cup under Ashley's unambitious, restrictive regime with a manager that shouldn't really be anywhere near Newcastle United in 2020 ? - I'm not entirely sure. I don't think Ashley deserves any success and I think a cup win would in some minds justify a whole lot of wrongs. I just can't get my head round it but my emotions always want us to win

I look at the 5,000 fans there last night, singing their hearts out (the sheep as others like to refer to them) and I think get the fuck in lads, enjoy it as much as I used to enjoy away games

But it is always tainted by the fact the fat fucker couldn't really care less whether we win, lose or draw

No idea whatsoever what this post is about really but I think it was on the back of PM mentioning unconditional love of the club - I reckon that's true of me but its fucking difficult at times
What a fucking dilemma mac !
Ashley and his sky cohorts would have a field day if we won a cup.
In there twisted minds It would justify what they have being pushing down our throats for all these years,which is we should be grateful.

Cracking post by the way.