Leicester v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Monday 9th March, 8pm | Vital Football

Leicester v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Monday 9th March, 8pm

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
Back to business in the Premier League a week tonight, when we take on Leicester at the King Power.

A performance like yesterday will put us in with a very big shout while the Foxes will be looking for revenge after we dumped them out of the Carabao Cup.

Thoughts, fine folks?

I'd be surprised if we got anything out of it because we did them in the cup and Norwich beating them last week.

I want to see more like the last 60 minutes from yesterday, thats the minimum now.

I think we can get something from this if we show up. Hopefully, the final was a turning point and the lads knuckle down now and start putting points on the board.

Leicester are out of form and Vardy hasn't scored since before Christmas.

3 points and rocket up the table, please.

Leicester will be really up for this one.
They will be desperate to put the boot into our survival chances following their cup exit and we need some stuborn resistance in this one.
Expect us to be five adrift come Monday night because others are now picking up points, that said they are all away from home with tough games. The fight back has to start at Leicester, we cant leave it any later and watch out for the mood too change if we put in a " Southampton" performance.

Hopefully our players will have some confidence from coming through 2 games against Leicester unbeaten recently.

Play like we did against City.

When we’re on the front go into a 3-4-2-1 formation, get the wingers higher up and get balls and players into the box. When we’re on the back foot, go 5-4-1 and keep it tight, hit them on the break.

If we have more than a Plan A and can be flexible in game we have a chance of taking something.

I wonder if some players put on a show in front of the cameras at Wembley, but back in the league away on a Monday night will show a few true colours.

Same team, same formation. We have to stop chopping and changing; that team did OK. Never thought DS would play Guilbert and Elmo together but it was a good move.

Play 4 at the back and 5 in the middle. Hopefully Jack in the middle of the 5 with SJM alongside.

We first and foremost need to stop shipping goals.

Nyland
Guilbert Engels Mings Target
Elmo Nakamba Jack SJM ElGhazi
Samatta.

Which Villa team will turn up ? That's the question.
I just can't see us getting anything here. Leicester will definitely raise their game for this , we don't keep clean sheets and I can't see us outscoring them.