The player who left thread | Page 183 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Comparing football to banking or any other normal job is daft.

Is Dave Sacks of Barclays as famous as Ronaldo and Messi?

Your argument is crap.

Everyone always quotes Shearer in these situations. What about Rooney? He was a boyhood Everton fan, left to become Uniteds and England's best ever goal scorer and probably earnt 4 times more money in his career than he would have at Everton.

It's all very romantic what you are saying but it's a short career and at the end of it you'll look back on trophies.

I'll be amazed if he puts his being an Aston Villa fan over and above his career.
I have a relative who was a pro, its a career fullstop.

Your argument is crap.

Well I think you're forgetting Howard from the Halifax so ...............
but yep as an argument it has no merit tbh.

Haaland is an odd example as well - he's gone from club to club specifically to benefit him and his development (and ultimately moves to bigger clubs each time) otherwise he'd still be pottering around in Norway thinking what a dream it all is

I know Saint Jack loves the Villa etc etc, but has anyone thought that we might simply be better as a team without him. I know this is a capital offence in some people's eyes, but I sincerely believe that the other players are over reliant on him. If he goes, they can't all look to Jack. Norwich were actually better without Madison.

Now I can sit back and watch Vital Villa implode. PS hope no-one knows where I live :hang:

giphy.webp

Nobody is doubting his love for Villa or his pride in being our captain.

But as a professional he'd be a retard not to want to test himself at the highest level.

I know one thing for sure, I've never wanted to be wrong so badly. Just can't see that I am.
Win the cup final and stay up. The club promises to buy quality not quantity. Grealish might stay.
The reverse of the above and Grealish goes if/when the right offer comes in. Nobody could complain either.
Shearer won nothing at Newcastle. The days of one club players are all but done.

I know Saint Jack loves the Villa etc etc, but has anyone thought that we might simply be better as a team without him. I know this is a capital offence in some people's eyes, but I sincerely believe that the other players are over reliant on him. If he goes, they can't all look to Jack. Norwich were actually better without Madison.

Now I can sit back and watch Vital Villa implode. PS hope no-one knows where I live :hang:

No implosion from me.

But in the nicest sense .... fcuk me what a load of shite !.

You don't become a better team by continually selling your best players. Some teams might have sold 2 or 3 over the years and got lucky but more often than not it goes horribly. Look at Spurs when they sold Bale. Look at our decline over the Lerner years. We got away with it for 2 or possibly 3 years before it all came crashing down.

It honestly astounds me the amount of Villa fans I see talking here, at games or on social media about how Grealish has to go for the benefit of his career. Look, I love the fact that we have a Villa fan as our captain and best player, but ultimately I care about Villa, not an individual's career. And I don't want to see us selling our best players. Ever. I want us to build the team around Jack and for us to continually improve so that we can achieve our ambitions together.

I'll be gutted if he goes in the summer. The only way I could understand him leaving is if he went to Barca or Madrid. Seriously. I'd also be willing to bet that those who want the club to cash in on him would be the first to turn on the team once results dipped and they realise that he's irreplaceable, but that's a debate for another thread.

:ban::ban::ban::hang::hang:

Your argument is crap.

Perhaps it is, but mine has some logic to it. Your argument is like some old school racist nonsense, imagining footballers to be a homogenous group. On one hand you are saying that football is just a job and they'll move for the most money and on the other hand you are arguing that football is completely different from any other job. Footballers are human beings with a variety of motivations, money is only one of them.

I didnt sleep last night after reading that.

Better off without Grealish?.

Probably by £100m, we are better off, then spend 130m trying to replace him. My faith in the owners would disappear, my faith in player loyalty went years ago but Jack is different from any player at any other club.

Even Sir Brian Little wasn't a Villa fan he came down from the North East at 15. Gabby wasn't a Villa Fan until he joined the club, to his credit he never left and he must have had a chance when he played for England , he was happy with his 3m a season contract

Having a fan and a local homegrown kid in a side is as rare as frogs teeth these days, having one that isn't motivated by money is even rarer. If Jack was motivated by money he wouldn't have sign a 5-year deal he'd have wound down his last one and left on a free. He's Guaranteed 15m if he never kicks a ball again, his Grandchildren will never have to work never mind his children.

I see a lad who loves his family loves his home and doesn't want to drive about in pink Rolls Royces, I don't think I've ever seen him driving a car? I think despite what has been written about him he's very much a home bird, some people never move from the street they were brought up in others aspire to live elsewhere, because the grass is always greener or more likely their wives come from elsewhere and they are told they are moving nearer the mother in law.

If Aston Villa is to be taken seriously we have to keep Jack Grealish, he is the best player I've seen in a Villa shirt in my lifetime and that's what makes him different to any other player we've ever had and we've had some good ones

Probably by £100m, we are better off, then spend 130m trying to replace him. My faith in the owners would disappear, my faith in player loyalty went years ago but Jack is different from any player at any other club.

Even Sir Brian Little wasn't a Villa fan he came down from the North East at 15. Gabby wasn't a Villa Fan until he joined the club, to his credit he never left and he must have had a chance when he played for England , he was happy with his 3m a season contract

Having a fan and a local homegrown kid in a side is as rare as frogs teeth these days, having one that isn't motivated by money is even rarer. If Jack was motivated by money he wouldn't have sign a 5-year deal he'd have wound down his last one and left on a free. He's Guaranteed 15m if he never kicks a ball again, his Grandchildren will never have to work never mind his children.

I see a lad who loves his family loves his home and doesn't want to drive about in pink Rolls Royces, I don't think I've ever seen him driving a car? I think despite what has been written about him he's very much a home bird, some people never move from the street they were brought up in others aspire to live elsewhere, because the grass is always greener or more likely their wives come from elsewhere and they are told they are moving nearer the mother in law.

If Aston Villa is to be taken seriously we have to keep Jack Grealish, he is the best player I've seen in a Villa shirt in my lifetime and that's what makes him different to any other player we've ever had and we've had some good ones

I did last year while I was out cycling around Bentley Heath, a nice white Mercedes SUV.

Some good points there. Sometimes the love for a club supersedes everything else and if anyone feels that then I reckon Jack does.

I think he would be happy playing in the Premier League with us than scrapping for a possible Champions League place with Man Utd.

I also don't think he could face running out at Villa Park in someone elses shirt.

It's actually not beyond the realms of possibility. Many examples exists of clubs selling their best player and improving.

I would say that Dean Smith IMO wouldn't be the man to lead that rebuild.

just read that man utd are willing to pay £60 million for grealish i didnt know thats how it works you tell the selling club how much your going to pay for a player i thought the selling club named there price then its up to the buying club if they want to pay the price ...................... i wonder if that would work at the local car dealership i might go and tell them how much i want to pay for a car