Crystal Palace v NUFC | Page 4 | Vital Football

Crystal Palace v NUFC

I could refer you into all sorts of directions.

To keep it simple, I would direct you back to obtaining a price at which Ashley would be prepared to sell. You can do that through some simple tools on this site.

To keep it simple, I would direct you back to obtaining a price at which Ashley would be prepared to sell. You can do that through some simple tools on this site.

You don't need to keep anything simple - what you need to do is accept I don't agree with you

I don’t think there is a price Rexn. He doesn’t want to sell. So it’s hypothetical to me.

When Broocey made that statement it was a complete cop out then anyway and it was never challenged in the media.

It's all right and saying that the players can follow the old training or formation but when it comes to in game tactics or tweaks here and there, that's where things fall to shit. We also have various different personnel anyway so im fucked as to why it's not been mentioned.
Why was it a cop out toony?

Benitez did set the team up to play ultra defensive football,it took a little while but once the players understood their roles it proved to be extremely effective especially for Ashley.

What Bruce stated sounds credible,why would the media challenge it ?
Even the players asked to revert back to what they had been drilled to do over three seasons.

Not sure what you mean about game tactics and tweaks and things falling to shit but lets not forget Benitez made some howlers.

Bruce can only be judged negatively if we are relegated which is nowhere near as likely as the wafa knicker droppers would have us believe.

In the meantime chill out and enjoy the brief glimpses of football man:grinning:,as rare as they are after three years of nowt it feels like it's raining skill.

It has PM yes, NOT because I was a disciple of St Rafa who managed somehow to achieve god like status with relatively mediocre results. BUT the fact it has to be one of the stupiest comparisons EVER! The sheep clutching at straws to protect their new messiah (based purely on him being a Geordie) because they have nothing else. The sooner this stupid stat is put to bed, the better!
I've read your posts mate,I know you are not one of rafa's disciples :grinning:but the really stupid stats were bandied about by those who thought Benitez past triumphs would have any bearing on our club while working for Ashley.

I don’t think there is a price Rexn. He doesn’t want to sell. So it’s hypothetical to me.
As a businessman with an opportunity cost in a variety of retail opportunities, a crossover price can be calculated where he can acquire more of the retail assets. Also there is a natural rate of return from NUFC as a cash cow.

There is a price range that would give him in excess of Delloite's criteria from an outfit aimed at revenue growth and investment.

The club now is worth about £100 million less than it was this time last year.

Some muppets believe owt they want

The sale didn't happen did it?
He will never get it mac...

The argument that "a decent manager with a decent plan was the best chance of getting a club sale at the sort of price that would encourage Ashley to leave"

Is laughable when the reality is that Ashley used the alleged decent manager scenario to achieve the exact opposite

The club now is worth about £100 million less than it was this time last year.

And Ashley's profit from us is up.

Prove me wrong instead of reacting like a big baby.:grinning:
If you want to pick apart my article of 6th Jan 2016 advocating Rafa as one of the options for the next NUFC manager, you are welcome to, I shall even publish it on my site.

Remind, me, what was he offered?

I've got absolutely no idea

While I think you've been careful to suggest that Rafas precense increased the value of the club to a valuation that Ashley would he happy to sell at - that doesn't necessarily mean that the club is more saleable at an increased valuation

Like I've said - I firmly believe that the deal will be done if/when both parties agree on price regardless of who is manager at the time

You hit the nail on the head, whether it be by accident or design.

The "missing link" is what that price might be, acceptable to both buyer and seller considering circumstances at the time.

Well aye - that's been my point all along

So it's just as conceivable that Rafas precence was detrimental to a sale if, as you say he increased the value of the club

If you want to pick apart my article of 6th Jan 2016 advocating Rafa as one of the options for the next NUFC manager, you are welcome to, I shall even publish it on my site.
What has that to do with my assertion that your argument is nonsense based on the fact that in reality Ashley has used Benitez to make taking money from us even easier ?

Not at all.

Let's try and keep it simple.

Ashley need £X to buy some failing retail chain. He can get £X if the business has a coherent strategy to qualify for higher level competition with matching revenue, c. +£120 million revenues.

If he has a shite manager who has never achieved Champions League qualification and looks at things from a short term point of view, playing players because they are fit and struggling to avoid relegation (-£680 million revenue), future revenue predictions diverge considerably, so does potential profit therefore club value.