West brom Match thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

West brom Match thread

You know what, I completely missed that rugby tackle on Figi. Just assumed the two had tangled moving for the ball and gone down. Where the ball then drops to Robinson to strike home is the hole where Figi would have been stood to smash it clear.

Hard work and determination will win out over talent with no application every time. SL’s system requires everybody puts a shift in and sadly Carvalho hasn’t got the drive and desire to do the hard work off the ball. Without this basic necessity he will continue not to feature in Sabri’s plans. Talented he might be (although I’m still not convinced he’s that exceptional) but unless he is prepared to graft for the greater good of the team he’ll be gone in the summer. He may well prosper under a manager who places less emphasis on the physical demands off the ball but you can expect this type of situation when you chop and change managers and football ethos every 6/8 months. Shame because the13m we spunked on Carvalho that could well have been spent on 2-3 quality players at this level.
Agree 100% ....

Figi is still on his feet in that photograph so the foul is yet to occur; the player would be deemed offside the second the ball is played

In the photograph the foul has already been committed. The linesman has flagged. Both Figi and Bart fall in to net. Figi attempts to get up and that is when photo is taken.

He's not really getting game time and he's not even making the bench ahead of Semedo.

Silva looked very tired against West Brom - I wonder if Sabri could give Carvalho an opportunity in the No.10 role against QPR?
Lolley is playing the number 10 role Silva is playing on the wing...if Diacabi improves to the level of Ameobi, even Silva will lose his place...

Just watched again on match replay and was struck by how even the game was.

West Brom were at home, top of the league, a good passing side, but by half time they had a goal from Sow's mistake, and a Pereira shot just before the break that was a back pass. Forest had a (wind-assisted?) horrendous miss by Grabban, a near miss by Silva, and Ameobi's dream cross which would have added to Grabban's goal tally if the defender hadn't put it in for him.

The shocking refereeing doesn't really happen until the second half. Pereira doesn't get every foul he plays for. But should the linesman have seen Livermore's assault on Ribeiro? It may only be obvious on a slow motion replay - the way he seems to turn his foot to stamp on our lad's knee in midair as he realises he won't get the ball. I watched it on Sky first time round - on ifollow, Colin Fray didn't realise how bad it was until he saw the footage at half time.

Just watched again on match replay and was struck by how even the game was.

West Brom were at home, top of the league, a good passing side, but by half time they had a goal from Sow's mistake, and a Pereira shot just before the break that was a back pass. Forest had a (wind-assisted?) horrendous miss by Grabban, a near miss by Silva, and Ameobi's dream cross which would have added to Grabban's goal tally if the defender hadn't put it in for him.

The shocking refereeing doesn't really happen until the second half. Pereira doesn't get every foul he plays for. But should the linesman have seen Livermore's assault on Ribeiro? It may only be obvious on a slow motion replay - the way he seems to turn his foot to stamp on our lad's knee in midair as he realises he won't get the ball. I watched it on Sky first time round - on ifollow, Colin Fray didn't realise how bad it was until he saw the footage at half time.
You'd think it be one of those they look at retrospectively but haven't seen anything to suggest they are

But the second half actually looks like a cracking game of football second time round, end to end stuff. Several great Forest moves are spoilt by poor passes in the final third. Around 85 minutes Samba makes a good save and two great saves as West Brom threaten to rub it in, but around 90 minutes Forest produce the move of the game.

It starts with West Brom running down the clock, a throw near the Forest corner flag. We rebuff, win a throw. Nine passes later, we whip in a cross and get two headers on it. It comes out to Watson who feeds Cash.

We all know what happens next. But did any West Brom player touch the ball in all that time? It's not just a great shot, it's a superb team goal against all odds.

They can't.

Referee saw it and chose to take no action, so apparently no retrospective action can be taken

seriously is that a thing? That’s a disgrace isn’t it. Hateful player, Livermore. So glad we didn’t surrender 3 points to those bunch of cheating self entitled tossers. They’ve joined my list of clubs I dislike along with their neighbors Aston Villa, Cardiff and Brentford.

we're the same as before the new year.
Solid, ok iin spurts, absolute garbage in spurts, poor attacking with little progress or change in attack all season, slow central midfield makes us tough to beat, poor at free kicks, corners, penalties, crossing, and passing in the final third.
On a plus, league is getting raped of talet, i mean seriously, as a poor standard ive seen in division 2 as i can remember

we're the same as before the new year.
Solid, ok iin spurts, absolute garbage in spurts, poor attacking with little progress or change in attack all season, slow central midfield makes us tough to beat, poor at free kicks, corners, penalties, crossing, and passing in the final third.
On a plus, league is getting raped of talet, i mean seriously, as a poor standard ive seen in division 2 as i can remember
Have a word with yourself!!!!
Poor at penalties??? Grabban has missed 1 out of 4!!!