Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City | Page 25 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City

I’d genuinely be fascinated to know what goes through the mind of someone who won’t renew because we’ve finished lower mid-table in League One?.

Something along the lines of "Oooo aren't Liverpool doing well I will get back on that bandwagon" or "Oooo what's the next new quick fix shiny thing I can get"

For what it's worth I saw some positives yesterday and I do think an improvement in results is coming. Some of the new young players are starting to really show their potential. All I will say to people is have a little patience ( I know that is not the modern mindset). People need to give MA a chance, we can make a better judgement call this time next season.

Catching up after a real drenching and a somewhat frightening drive home.

Plenty of positives today despite another defeat; as Jules said as we were leaving, we would have won that game had that appalling weather been behind us in the second half instead of Accrington. What must it have been like to try to defend into the face of that? It was bad enough for us under the stand.

Scully looks dangerous and full of energy; Edun has some real class for a 21-year-old just out of academy football and is surely a left-sided midfielder rather than a defender; Hopper had his best game so far after a quiet start; Lewis impressed me yet again, this time in a different position - perhaps we have found a new right winger / midfielder; Lewis and Scully have their first goals in the EFL, and they will both score lots more; we could (and should) have scored more than three goals today; and Riiik forecast both Vickers' penalty save and our third goal - we have found a new Mystic Meg for the site too.

Disappointed by another defeat? Yes. Disheartened? Far from it.
Excellent balanced report, thanks 👍🏻

I'm the one looking to place the bet (as stated) so we'll get that struck based on what you've offered.

I owe you a penny if we are not mathematically safe by Easter. You owe me £1bn if we are.

I'll be in touch.

Not quite true. Simjon would owe you£1bn plus your original penny stake. Just so there’s no confusion on the day of reckoning

Some dodgy defending looking at the highlights (Accrington's probably worse) but I have sympathy with Shackell on his OG. He's actually ok positionally - front post and 6 yard line.

Edun's got to clear with his right foot instead of coming round the ball to get it on his left.

Some dodgy defending looking at the highlights (Accrington's probably worse) but I have sympathy with Shackell on his OG. He's actually ok positionally - front post and 6 yard line.

Edun's got to clear with his right foot instead of coming round the ball to get it on his left.

Edun needs to go in the back yard and start kicking a ball against the wall with his wrong foot.

Edun needs to go in the back yard and start kicking a ball against the wall with his wrong foot.

Indeed. And Eardley needs to stop backing off and instead close down the attacker and not let him have a free shot at goal. That fourth goal was a calamity of mistakes. Powderpuff from Bolger, wayward from Bostwick. The other goals were poor to concede too.

Great determined finish from Scully though, to stick it in the net when surrounded by a bunch of Stanley defenders. A very promising prospect.

Thought there was some poor defending for their second too, ,great strike yes but no one went to close him down, he had so much time and space to unleash his cracking strike.

I don't see where Tranmere will get 16 points from in their remaining games, notwithstanding any points we muster in ours. Unnecessarily pessimistic, I think.

Also worth noting that Tranmere are having a 'mare with injuries at the moment.....

Oh, by the way, John Coleman said Lincoln played some great football at times and deserved something out of the game.

Unfortunately, that will not suit some people on here.

I don't really think it's worth listening to opposition managers talking about us either before, or after the game win, lose or draw.