Match Thread Bristol Rovers v Blackpool | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread Bristol Rovers v Blackpool

Thought we were much better today

There goalie very good and right back

Our Young kids in midfield all good

Frenchie good and Feeney

Think that Virtue should have scored at least one and Delf late on. Not disheartened

Thought we were much better today

There goalie very good and right back

Our Young kids in midfield all good

Frenchie good and Feeney

Think that Virtue should have scored at least one and Delf late on. Not disheartened
Agreed Hastings

From the O/S - (He's right)

David Dunn felt the team were excellent, but didn't get what they deserved in a narrow defeat at Bristol Rovers.

The Seasiders led at the Memorial Stadium for over 70 minutes, despite having been down to ten men for half of the match. But, two late goals from the hosts - one a screamer from 25 yards, the other a deflected shot - gave Bristol Rovers all three points.

"I think that sums things up for us at the moment," Dunn explained.

"I truly thought the lads were excellent today. The way they passed the ball, the way they worked hard for each other. I couldn't have asked much more from the team really.

"We were in a great position for the majority of the game, and I feel the red card decision had an affect on the outcome. Ben Heneghan appeared to slip as he went in for the challenge, and I think it looked worse than it was.

"As for their goals, I don't think the lad will hit a better one in his career for their first goal and the second goal is a nasty deflection, so it's just so unfortunate at times.

"Overall, the result is of course not what we wanted, but the performance was really pleasing."

a game to far and just couldnt make the sunshine like some.

nutall for frenchie ? how were we at that time take off our top scorer for les dawson why not leave as was or a defender.

Just back

I thought there were quite a few positives

Keeper did well

Defence looked good

Kids in midfield excellent

Gnando worked hard

Madine tried but didn't establish himself

Was pleased to see Nuttall look like he was interested and he ran I've never seen that before

Delf and Virtues misses cost us but the sending off made what I think look like what was going to be an easy win hard work. I thought we were the better team even with ten men